Go Chiefs!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I were driving home from walking at the Phoenix Zoo on Saturday and there was a billboard near the airport that said "Go Brock Purdy". Was kind of shocking to see that here in Arizona. As a Cardinals fan I can't bring myself to root for the Niners.

:barf:
Born in Queen Creek and went to high school in Gilbert.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you root for Danny White to win a Super Bowl for the Cowboys?
Nope, but a billboard back then would have made just as much sense or even more so. Danny was born in Mesa, went to Westwood High in Mesa, and played for ASU. Doesn't bother me that the community would promote those ties.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, but a billboard back then would have made just as much sense or even more so. Danny was born in Mesa, went to Westwood High in Mesa, and played for ASU. Doesn't bother me that the community would promote those ties.
The 49er's are the enemy!

Don't care if he is local or not.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you root for Danny White to win a Super Bowl for the Cowboys?
I was like 6 years old and still living in Los Angeles when he won his Super Bowl, so it wasn't even on my radar. I was all into Star Wars, old superhero TV shows, T-ball, pets, and hanging out with my school friends. How old do you think I am? LOL

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I was like 6 years old and still living in Los Angeles when he won his Super Bowl, so it wasn't even on my radar. I was all into Star Wars, old superhero TV shows, T-ball, pets, and hanging out with my school friends. How old do you think I am? LOL
Dude. Noon Saturdays ....Ultraman... My favorite show.

My aunt made me stop watching it after she caught me playing in the backyard. I found an Ultraman capsule in her drawer and was using it to transform...I think she got embarrassed because the guys next door were laughing at me for playing Ultraman.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I don’t know why but I have 0 hate for the chiefs now. Even Kelce doesn’t bother me like I would think that he would. Kittle gets under my skin a lot worse for some reason. Probably because he always kills Dallas. I’ll be rooting for the chiefs, but really don’t care who wins. Good for SF if they finally get the job done.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Two reasons for me to root for Chiefs.
1. I’m from Missouri
2. Hate 49ers
To me it’s like seeing a Redskins fan root for the Cowboys or a Ravens fan root for the Steelers. No matter what I can’t root for SF.
I think we got the best Super Bowl matchup that was possible. I thought the ravens would beat KC, but obviously they are not mature or good enough to be where KC is at.

I don’t think I’ve ever rooted for any of Dallas’ rivals. I’d add the 49ers along with the NFC East teams(aside from Washington) because they have had a rivalry with Dallas in my lifetime. Washington has sucked in the Dan Snyder era. That will probably change in the future. when the giants played NE I didn’t want them in win those games. Taking my Dallas glasses off though, I will admit it was pretty cool to see the giants upset NE in 2007. Karma for the patriots since they really did the same thing to the rams in 2001.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think Danny ever played in a Super Bowl.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I don’t think Danny ever played in a Super Bowl.
No but he did what tony romo and dak prescott could not do. And that’s lead his team to an NFC title game. Three L’s though which is why a lot of cowboys fans overlook Danny unfortunately. If he did that with a Houston team he’d probably get to the hall of fame.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ha! You are right. Wow. It was Roger Staubach.
If roger played longer than he did he may have won more super bowls with Dallas. A lot of people forget he had to give time in his prime to serve in the navy. I might be killed for this, but I think roger is somehow underrated for what he did on and off the field. He and Tom Landry both served in the military. Tom was a WW2 pilot. Then you have Jerry jones who is sort of the antithesis of Landry and staubach. I think Jerry has stained the cowboys legacy.

Sorry for getting off topic. I still think I’ll root for the chiefs in this one.

Last edited:

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No but he did what tony romo and dak prescott could not do. And that’s lead his team to an NFC title game. Three L’s though which is why a lot of cowboys fans overlook Danny unfortunately. If he did that with a Houston team he’d probably get to the hall of fame.
Agreed. Danny is really underappreciated because he followed Roger and never got to the Big Game. In "The Catch" game it is forgotten that he almost won the game after "The Catch".

Contrary to a lot on the board I am not a Cowboys fan but I did like Danny White back in the day.

Hijack over...back to your regularly scheduled posting...

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I do like Mahommes and Andy Reid, I could do without Travis Swift, I do like the Purdy story but I just can't root for ANY 9ers team, it's like trying to eat cereal with broccoli

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard