GM Steve Keim and Kliff Kingsbury press conference. 4/16/19

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because of a video quote from him the week leading up to a game? That is ranting, raving and holding in high regard all the way until today still? Bellicheck must want every good player he plays against because he does this weekly talking about his opponent.
I guess not rant and rave.. not saying he goes around pounding the table for the guy. I just get the feeling opposite of you guys who dont. Lol. I think maybe a little bit of both.. I might be looking a little too into it...and others may not be. So somewhere in the middle is the truth. Which still means Murray is the pick .:lol:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You got all that from one hype video taken out of context. For all we know he prefers Rosen.

I think you may be a gull a bull. Or maybe a gull a calf ;)
Lol. I'm not usually the gullible type.. but my gut feelings are usually on spot. I guess we will know soon enough. Haha

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Pretty much what I expected out of this kind of press conference. A bunch of nothing, maybe some slightly interesting press clips.

I didn't get the feeling from this that they were enamored by Kyler, but again, it's smokescreen central.

I'm just gonna laugh my ass off if we trade back, Kyler was the guy, and we get sniped in the #3 pick.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty much what I expected out of this kind of press conference. A bunch of nothing, maybe some slightly interesting press clips.

I didn't get the feeling from this that they were enamored by Kyler, but again, it's smokescreen central.

I'm just gonna laugh my ass off if we trade back, Kyler was the guy, and we get sniped in the #3 pick.
That sure would confirm SOC stuff...

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Darren Urban
@Cardschatter

·
1m

Keim said he gets excited about a potential trade for No. 1 pick because “I like to do deals.” But “at the same time, I like good players.”

This is key, and why they are non-committal about the pick. Cardinals are genuinely open to doing a deal for Murray/Bosa if they feel it's a good enough offer and more than fair. It is their preferred outcome, imo. They are in fairly good shape at either position. Williams would seem to be more of the pressing immediate need along the DL at the moment, but not the same impact rushing the QB as Bosa. This is also a deep draft at DL, but with other needs more imminent in rounds 2-4 especially, it wouldn't surprise me if he's the pick either if they are pressed into keeping the #1 without a legit offer. Would it surprise anyone really?? Unspectacular yet solid and safe. Not the upside of either of the other two, but fills an immediate hole along the DL for 10 years at least.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of glowing comments about Rosen but not one of he's our guy. Still think it's going to be Murray.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Translation - Company song is that he's tough and a pros pro. (Hopefully this is more than just the team honchos blowing smoke).

Anything is better than Wilks’ weekly “The gameplan was perfect. The PLAYERS need to execute” I am at the point where I will be happy with Bosa, Quinnen or even Murray (with the caveat that Bidwill is ripped for years if Murray doesn’t work out)

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Keim: “I have good news and bad news. The good news, we’re drafting Murray with the first pick. The bad news, it’s Odell Murray, a wide receiver from West Texas Panhandle Baptist Tech Teachers Junior College. But he runs a 4.1 40!”

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not showing their hand because the hand isn't over yet. They are trying to bluff for the pot because they don't like their hand. They are hoping either Giants or Raiders fold and give them an awesome trade down opportunity or for Redskins or another team in need (including ones with an aging QB) will give them a ton of value for Rosen. I doubt either will happen but we will be pushing it up until the pick hoping to draw the nuts on the river but not, and end up going with D. I was very confident we would select Bosa but now it's more of coin flip in my eyes.

Raiders can get Murray if we pass and Giants can get Haskins if Raiders take Murray. They don't need to give the world in this draft. I would surprised but not be shocked if Haskins came off the board before Murray if we retain #1 and don't take him.

BirdDroppings

Rookie
Reaction score
If we're going to do the whole reading into every little nothing statement thing, then I'll point at that when KK was asked about his time with Rosen thus far and his grasp of the system, KK said "I think he'll pick it up fast." "He'll" meaning he will. Future tense. Meaning he sees Rosen picking up his offense in the future. That would be awfully hard to do if he was expecting Rosen to be traded before training camp.

Or it means nothing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard