Global Plans to replace the dollar

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
OK, CD, so what he is saying is that everyone is worried about hyperinflation, when we should be worried about hyper deflation, correct?

And then he goes onto say that basically we can't continue to increase the monetary supply, because we've maxed out the yield, so the entire system will collapse. Slowly, but inevitably, it will fail - within the next 5 years or so.

Yeah that's what it's saying.

If you just look at the demographics it's more plausible, the modern developed worlds birth rates have plummeted.

The money supply comes from the new pyramid like demand, each generation bigger than the last to run the ponzi scheme.

The modern world is one gigantic ponzi scheme with a constricted supply of new suckers due to inadequate birth rates in the developed world, first one up on that was Japan.

The third world does not count, they have no money, China was nominated to take over the role the US has played but I don't think there are enough resources on earth to make that work before it implodes due to some constriction on resources, food, water or energy, take your pick.

The pyramid scheme stops working when the next generation is not X bigger, bigger is not enough, it must be X bigger to fit the exponential curve.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Yeah that's what it's saying.

If you just look at the demographics it's more plausible, the modern developed worlds birth rates have plummeted.

The money supply comes from the new pyramid like demand, each generation bigger than the last to run the ponzi scheme.

The modern world is one gigantic ponzi scheme with a constricted supply of new suckers due to inadequate birth rates in the developed world, first one up on that was Japan.

The third world does not count, they have no money, China was nominated to take over the role the US has played but I don't think there are enough resources on earth to make that work before it implodes due to some constriction on resources, food, water or energy, take your pick.

The pyramid scheme stops working when the next generation is not X bigger, bigger is not enough, it must be X bigger to fit the exponential curve.

OK, so assuming the hyper deflationary spiral is true, what happens in a nutshell?

In normal deflation, prices for goods and services fall due to lack of demand. This, in turn, leads to producers being paid less; then employees being paid less, then consumers (employees) holding onto their money because they think they can get a better deal tomorrow than today, rinse and repeat.

So, hyper deflation would be this writ large, but there still is demand for core products and goods (energy, food, etc.).

I guess I don't see how it would unfold or an end game. The end game for hyper inflation is always that the currency is reset, either through the issuance of a new stable currency (Brazil's Real) or through a completely new currency accepted by most of the populace (PMs).

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Default is default.

Hyperinflation is default.

Persistent deflation is a symptom of default.

They are really just different ways to die but ultimately death is death.

The monetary system is dying/dead, ie we will get something else.

My arguement is simply one of timing, ie the hyperinflationists are early is all I think and that means we deflate until the general public realizes how hopless things are then boom.

By boom I mean when our currency system finally dies then we will get something else relatively immediately, I don't buy into mass chaos and death that the Hypertiger thing does.

The conversion is painful and frought with danger and opportunity, it's a change over but lucky for us we still have 5000 nukes that say we get a lot of say in the process.

Last edited:

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I used to be sold on the whole collapse of civilization scenario, but now I think it comes down to two variables that we can't predict - we can only watch what happens and plan accordingly.

1) Speed of collapse - fast means civilization goes under (not for long, but for long enough for a lot of death, lawlessness and despair), slow means that it's an orderly decline.

2) Responses by those in Power to affect #1.

Can you give me some sort of outline as to how the deflationary spiral will cause the system to go kablewey? That's what I'm having a hard time translating theory into reality.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I used to be sold on the whole collapse of civilization scenario, but now I think it comes down to two variables that we can't predict - we can only watch what happens and plan accordingly.

1) Speed of collapse - fast means civilization goes under (not for long, but for long enough for a lot of death, lawlessness and despair), slow means that it's an orderly decline.

2) Responses by those in Power to affect #1.

Can you give me some sort of outline as to how the deflationary spiral will cause the system to go kablewey? That's what I'm having a hard time translating theory into reality.

Actually I don't know exactly what you're asking.

As the hypertiger thing said, you have to increase debt exponentially in order to maintain sufficient money in the system to service debt.

When debt is destroyed through default or repayment you're going backwards on the money supply.

The money supply is not just cash, it's cash and credit, credit spends the same as cash, when you buy a couch on payments cash hits the system and money is created.

When you turtle up and save money, money is destroyed, I know this is unfathomable but it's true, remember money is debt, debt is money.

The money in our system isn't just cash, most of it is credit, as credit tightens, money tightens.

The credit component of our system is huge compared to actual cash.

So even though they are printing money, they aren't printing enough to equal the loss of credit compared to where you would need to be on the exponential ponzi curve to maintain life as we know it economically.

More cash, less credit, = net net less money.

This just spirals down into the dirt as more people default, ie default is negative debt creation.

The inflation we've all gotten used to was powered by debt, as people shun debt and realize how awful it is they recoil and get out of it or avoid it, which is a sea change from how we have lived our lives.

One person doing this is nothing, but a society changing it's habits will create a chain reaction in a system dependent on exponential growth.

The crux of the confusion on this comes because people don't understand how money is cash and credit and how much of the equation is credit in terms of our total money outstanding.

You could remove all the cash in the world tomorrow and it wouldn't make much of a dent in things.

If you removed all the credit, the world would evaporate monetarily.

As credit tightens money tightens, which reduces the value of things but lending.... ie credit, is based on the value of things.

So since I'm in lending i see this intuitively, as credit tightens the very asset, a house, loses value, which makes lenders tighten more, which makes the value drop more, which makes me tighten up my guidelines more.......

Now food isn't bought on credit but cash, same as gas/oil and those things hold their values in such a case and a lot of times relative to the asset portion of the equation make it appear that there is inflation, this is FALSE, a house is a much larger portion of your overall balance sheet than your food is, so the cost of food going up relatively only makes the house fall in value more, destroying more credit creation.

It's a positive feedback loop.

Everyone is caught in this loop because as a whole most of us have far more debt than cash.

When you have more cash than debt you can escape this, when you have more debt than cash you are done.

The government has more debt than cash and is backing everything and it's income is tied to a price level that is imploding.

The governments real cash is it's ability to raise revenues, in the first great depression our government had excess ability to raise cash, ie it had in effect more cash than debt, even though it had debt.

At this point this time our government has no ability to raise revenues without squashing the economic world in the process, ie it's got in effect more debt than cash this time around.

Last edited:

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
And here we go:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-11/24/content_11599087.htm

China and Russia have decided to renounce the US dollar and resort to using their own currencies for bilateral trade, Premier Wen Jiabao and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin announced late on Tuesday.

Chinese experts said the move reflected closer relations between Beijing and Moscow and is not aimed at challenging the dollar, but to protect their domestic economies.

"About trade settlement, we have decided to use our own currencies," Putin said at a joint news conference with Wen in St. Petersburg.

The two countries were accustomed to using other currencies, especially the dollar, for bilateral trade. Since the financial crisis, however, high-ranking officials on both sides began to explore other possibilities.

Djaughe

Reaction score
New window display idea:

“We Buy U.S. Dollars”

You must be registered for see images

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

Ultimately it only matters who will take dollars as payment, which almost everyone does and if they don't unless they are massive player it has no effect.

It's very easy to exchange dollars for any other currency unless you're doing it on a massive basis you won't even move the exchange rates much if any.

So Iran dosen't take dollars, big whoop, they sell their oil in rubles then someone sells it to us for dollars, has zero effect.

In the case you mention where two trading partners use their own currencies that has zero net effect on the dollar long term, because it's netted out anyhow, it does reduce demand for dollars for a short time but they would then be reconverted back into the countries currency after the transaction and leave no net effect anyhow.

We have a lot of problem here, for sure, but the thing is everything is denominated in dollars in terms of DEBT, and as such the demand for dollars to make payments on those is always strong.

In terms of debt we're pikers compared to Japan, and even though we have tons of unfunded mandates, the trick there is that they aren't debt, we don't HAVE to pay.

We won't pay them, we'll either devalue the dollar or simply up the retirement age, increase taxes etc.

All this is also occuring as the rest of the world is on floating paper based currency, with debt problems of their own.

We are an empire of the dollar and since we are the worlds reserve currency the idea that the dollar will die any time soon is ridiculous, it can't die until it's replaced and that is probably a decade or more away just for simple logistics.

We are on a path to ruin for sure but so are a lot of other places, who are in line before us, trying to figure out when this is going to occur isn't as simple as some make it sound.

Gold is money, I think they're trying to actually build the case for a global currency based on gold, with a global central bank, I think that's how the chess pieces are going.

Don't know if they'll accomplish it or not but that's what I'd bet good money is going on now.

You've got all kinds of players saying the dollar system is flawed, Bernanke himself just said that, which is an astonishing thing for someone who runs it to say.

The only reason you'd say that if you run it would be because you have a grander even more evil plan in mind that you want to sell.

Beware these people, they are accruing enormous powers, unimaginable powers, mostly without notice, if they continue on this path they'll own everything and along the way they'll destroy the price of gold and buy it all up before you know what's going on.

They can at a moments notice deploy nearly infinite resources to infinitely naked short gold through derivatives, destroy those holding it, get them to puke up all the gold for paper then destroy the currency, leaving you on a gold standard with them having enormous amounts of gold.

Get this through your head, they have a printing press and they control the supply and price of money, that is the ultimate financial power in a world of material things, there is no more awesome power in the material world other than a big military.

They have the biggest printing press and it's backed by 5000 nuclear warheads.

So all this dollar is dead talk is silly, it's not dead until they say it is, one day sure, but that will be a day of THEIR chosing and no one elses and only after the next con has begun.

Russia and China do not set that agenda, the one with the big navy and the nice missile set does.

Last edited: