Ghostbusters (reboot)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leslie Jones just is not funny at all every time she does anything in the 2 trailers I cringe.

Not worth a movie ticket IMO, I will probably watch it when it comes to HBO or whatever but otherwise it looks like a waste of time and I expect it to flop big time at the theaters.

I still watch saturday night live occasionally and she is just plain not funny.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lesley Jones I don't find funny either. She would be the least likely reason I would see the movie. I admit...I am losing the battle to resist at this point.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I still watch saturday night live occasionally and she is just plain not funny.

My wife haaaaaaaates Leslie Jones on SNL and almost didn't come with me last night because of her alone. After the movie, she said Leslie didn't bother her as much as she thought. The trailers basically show the only scenes where she is her SNL persona. She isn't cranked up to 11 the whole movie.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lesley Jones I don't find funny either. She would be the least likely reason I would see the movie. I admit...I am losing the battle to resist at this point.

My wife haaaaaaaates Leslie Jones on SNL and almost didn't come with me last night because of her alone. After the movie, she said Leslie didn't bother her as much as she thought. The trailers basically show the only scenes where she is her SNL persona. She isn't cranked up to 11 the whole movie.

Well, thanks to you crisper, I will watch this on HBO :)

I no longer plan on skipping it altogether

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ghostbusters

Release date: July 15, 2016
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Director: Paul Feig
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for supernatural action and some crude humor)
Screenwriters: Paul Feig, Katie Dippold
Genre:Comedy, Sci-Fi, Horror
Website: Ghostbusters.com| Facebook| Twitter| Instagram| Tumblr

Starring: Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, Charles Dance, Michael Kenneth Williams, Chris Hemsworth

Plot Summary: Thirty years after the original film took the world by storm, Ghostbusters is back and fully rebooted for a new generation. Director Paul Feig combines all the paranormal fighting elements that made the original franchise so beloved with a cast of new characters, played by the funniest actors working today. Get ready to watch them save the world this summer!

You must be registered for see images attach

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved it!!! Really liked the winks to the original. They made this their own though, and I'm excited for all the young girls watching this who will be a ghostbusters fan just like I was back in the day.

Holtzman ftw!

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A fresher take would have been bringing back a few of the original cast as ghosts themselves(Murray, Aykroyd and maybe Weaver), and the new lady busters having to take them out one by one...with Bill Murray as the final "boss fight" of course. Something like that. Anything is fresher than a simple gender switch.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. Broke down and took the family. They were right about the 3D. Some of the best usage I have seen to date. In terms of the movie? Well....this really pains me to say. It was good. No it wasn't as good as the original but it was much better than Ghostbusters 2 IMO. The movie probably would have been even better had the original never existed and this was a standalone film. So in that respect...naturally it suffered a bit from originality.

I admit, I was wrong about this movie. I am even looking forward to a sequel. Just in case you decide to see this? Stay until after the credits. There is an after the credits scene that sets up the sequel.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The reaction on this one is weird for a mainstream movie on RT. Usually, if one segment doesn't like it, it's the critics that hate it and the audience that like it. The critics have given it an okay rating, though, while the audience is poo-pooing it. Weird.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reaction on this one is weird for a mainstream movie on RT. Usually, if one segment doesn't like it, it's the critics that hate it and the audience that like it. The critics have given it an okay rating, though, while the audience is poo-pooing it. Weird.

Not really all that weird. The backlash for this reboot was swift and pretty much across the board when this was announced. To some extent I think people want to hate this no matter what.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Loved it!!! Really liked the winks to the original. They made this their own though, and I'm excited for all the young girls watching this who will be a ghostbusters fan just like I was back in the day.

Holtzman ftw!
I'm going to see it tonight. Between the folks who liked it here and 3 of my friends have seen it and they are all highly recommending it, so I'm gonna give these women a chance... :)

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to see it tonight. Between the folks who liked it here and 3 of my friends have seen it and they are all highly recommending it, so I'm gonna give these women a chance... :)

I sincerely hope you like it. I am glad you're at least giving it a chance unlike others who refuse to see it for whatever reason. The trailer definitely doesn't do this movie justice. Be sure to stay until the very end of the credits.

It's not the greatest movie in the history of the world, but it's a darn fun movie.

I freaking loved their version on the ghost catcher containment thingy (good lord the name is escaping me... Such a bad ghostbusters fan!!)

Also, for anyone who watched the tv show Fringe and who has seen this movie, I'd like to discuss a few things... Very interesting things I noticed and am curious if anyone else caught the same things.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sincerely hope you like it. I am glad you're at least giving it a chance unlike others who refuse to see it for whatever reason. The trailer definitely doesn't do this movie justice. Be sure to stay until the very end of the credits.

It's not the greatest movie in the history of the world, but it's a darn fun movie.

I freaking loved their version on the ghost catcher containment thingy (good lord the name is escaping me... Such a bad ghostbusters fan!!)

Also, for anyone who watched the tv show Fringe and who has seen this movie, I'd like to discuss a few things... Very interesting things I noticed and am curious if anyone else caught the same things.

What were you referring to in regards to Fringe? Also, agree this was a fun movie. I wanted so badly to hate it. I still hate that they rebooted it verse went next generation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i thought it was really mediocre. From a purely story perspective, there was nothing in it interesting and from a comedic perspective, it was awful. i think I laughed twice.

oh... and if you're gonna put Bill Murray in a movie that's supposed to be a comedy and not even give him ONE moment to be funny, you just made a crime against comedy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard