Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A CGI Ghostbusters III?
Source: CISN Country
February 2, 2007

Dan Aykroyd visited radio station CISN Country and revealed that a Ghostbusters III is in the works.

Aykroyd said that the film will be CGI and Bill Murray has agreed to do the voice of Dr. Peter Venkman. No word on whether Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson or any other of the original actors will return to voice their characters.

-------------------------------------

Ugh. If you're going to go ahead with a III - make it live action !!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A CGI Ghostbusters III?
Source: CISN Country
February 2, 2007

Dan Aykroyd visited radio station CISN Country and revealed that a Ghostbusters III is in the works.

Aykroyd said that the film will be CGI and Bill Murray has agreed to do the voice of Dr. Peter Venkman. No word on whether Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson or any other of the original actors will return to voice their characters.

-------------------------------------

Ugh. If you're going to go ahead with a III - make it live action !!

CGI?? No thanks. What's the point of doing that? I agree. If it's not live action then just go make another Saturday morning cartoon.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't we been here before?

Several times. However, Bill Murray has been stead fast in his non involvement until now. That is actually huge and the reason I think it happens this time.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Will Ferrell

Steve Buschemi

Vince Vaughn

Owen Wilson

And Somehow.....Someway...... Christopher Walken needs to get involved.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ghost Busters 3 coming out in 2011!!!!!

Hey guys here is the link to the new ghostbusters 3 movie coming out in 2011 looks like most of the original cast will be in the movie :), along with a few new comers. I really can't wait till this comes out i'm a huge ghostbusters fan!!!! Tell me about the twinkie lol. Anyways here is the link to imdb on the movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Geez....I didn't even know there was a Ghost Busters 2. Guess I'll have to add it to Netflix. Really liked the original...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez....I didn't even know there was a Ghost Busters 2. Guess I'll have to add it to Netflix. Really liked the original...

My 5 year old loves GB and GB II. I can honestly say that even today they are still just as funny. I never get tired of watching them.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Adding Eliza Dushku and Ana Farris to the cast.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I like Eliza Dushku not a huge fan of ana faris but she is decent looking lol. Thank god this isn't animation or anything and a real live action gb :).

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
It won't be the same if they don't get Rick Moranis back...."Yes, have some."

I would love to see Moranis back on the big screen but from what I've read he is happily retired and has no interest in acting anymore. It's too bad because he was always great in whatever he did.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
bah really cgi fing weak.... man why not make it real live action. Oh well i'll still watch it I guess but not that big into full cgi movies

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
‘Ghostbusters’ Female Cast Taking Shape at Sony

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/ghostbusters-female-cast-taking-shape-at-sony-1201415358/

After years of trying to spin off one of its most popular properties, Sony looks to be getting closer to getting a “Ghostbusters” movie off the ground.

Sources tell Variety that Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones are in early negotiations to star in the “Ghostbusters” reboot.

Paul Feig will direct, with Katie Dippold penning the script. Feig tweeted a photo of Wiig, McCarthy, McKinnon and Jones on Tuesday.

Story details are unknown other than this film centers on the next generation of Ghostbusters, who happen to be female.

Rumors have swirled for a while about whom Sony had met with for starring roles following the leaked Sony emails that said actresses such as McCarthy, Wiig and Emma Stone had met for roles.

-------------------------------------------

Pass for me. Bleh.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling this is going to be a monumental disaster. I hope not but unless they can someone fit in the original cast, people are not going to buy into this.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 6 Main Ghostbusters Characters And Who Will Probably Play Who

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/6-Main-Ghostbusters-Characters-Who-Probably-Play-Who-69432.html

Bill Murray as a professional debunker who becomes obsessed with proving that the Ghostbusters are phony?

No thanks.

Haven't seen anyone react positively to this casting news.

man... Murray in that role will be too cute by half to have some kind of tie to the original. Either let this be a complete reboot or completely tie in the old cast. anything else is gonna be pretty jarring, IMO.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bill Murray as a professional debunker who becomes obsessed with proving that the Ghostbusters are phony?

This makes no sense. So he is now going to be a character that tries to debunk the Ghostbusters and claim them as frauds? I'm I reading that right? That is stupid..

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... Murray in that role will be too cute by half to have some kind of tie to the original. Either let this be a complete reboot or completely tie in the old cast. anything else is gonna be pretty jarring, IMO.

Stupid idea. I would rather not have Bill Murray in it at all if he isn't playing his character.

BOOOO!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard