Ghostbusters (reboot)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, I think Feig is super talented and I really like the cast he's put together to play the Ghostbusters, but if Akroyd, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson and Sigourney Weaver are all making cameos as people other then their original characters, i feel like that's gonna be super-distracting. I'd get it if they popped up as a joint cameo of their characters from the original, but just sprinkling those people in as new characters throughout the movie (as reported) is just gonna be odd.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, I think Feig is super talented and I really like the cast he's put together to play the Ghostbusters, but if Akroyd, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson and Sigourney Weaver are all making cameos as people other then their original characters, i feel like that's gonna be super-distracting. I'd get it if they popped up as a joint cameo of their characters from the original, but just sprinkling those people in as new characters throughout the movie (as reported) is just gonna be odd.

Agree 1000%. Every once in awhile seeing a cameo like that can be entertaining but the above sounds beyond annoying. I would rather not see it happen at all.

This reboot is 100% unnecessary IMO. They could have continued the continuity and simply said there has been no paranormal activity all these years or something.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am so here for this movie! Haters to the left! :)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
To the left I go!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a shell of the original. The trailer was neither funny or had anything that made me think....it's a must see. Best part of the trailer was the flash of Slimer going across the screen.

By the way... I didn't appreciate the marketing ploy here either. The start of the trailer misleads people into thinking this is a sequel...which it's not. Either marketing didn't get the memo or they are trying to be sneaky to the casual crowd.

Last edited:

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Looks horrible. Can't see this getting very good reviews.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks amazing!!! Can't freaking wait :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks horrible. Can't see this getting very good reviews.

i wasnt that impressed with the trailer, but Paul Feig's proven a couple times that he's got his finger on the pulse of comedy in some form with three conescutive smashes with Bridesmaids, The Heat and Spy, all of which got pretty good reviews and made a boatload of money for female comedies. I didn't care much for Birdesmaids or The Heat, but thought Spy was really well done and pretty funny.

i'll withhold judgement until I see this one. Lots of talented people involved, but the trailer definitely left me wanting.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
i wasnt that impressed with the trailer, but Paul Feig's proven a couple times that he's got his finger on the pulse of comedy in some form with three conescutive smashes with Bridesmaids, The Heat and Spy, all of which got pretty good reviews and made a boatload of money for female comedies. I didn't care much for Birdesmaids or The Heat, but thought Spy was really well done and pretty funny.

i'll withhold judgement until I see this one. Lots of talented people involved, but the trailer definitely left me wanting.
Those were all pretty decent, actually. Just imagine if this is one of those movies where all the good parts are in the trailer? lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
so,...I heard they finally released an official trailer...I hit the internet to go get me a look.....saw this trailer that was wild, crazy **** going on,...had Ronald McDonald as the staypuff marshmallow ma,..and I am like "WTF"?!!?

turns out that one was a joke.......

found the real trailer..... and was still like, "WTF"?

The bright side is it will hit SHO or STARS pretty quickly,...may not have to even waste a video rental on it. However, I am curious to see it...... because face it,..the original was funny,..but it wasn't Citizen Kane or anything
if you can see the cast had fun making it then it should draw some laughs

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought the older cast was going to be in it and Murray finally agreed to it. Are they just doing cameos?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the older cast was going to be in it and Murray finally agreed to it. Are they just doing cameos?

Yes but not really as their characters as in this movie they don't exist as we knew them. They might use the same names (who knows) but it's pretty much the lamest kind of cameo there is.

Last edited: