Gameday thread Cardinals at Seahawks 12-24-16

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So - finally - a bad call saves the Cards' ass. That play where DJ was ruled out of bounds late, where he was a good foot inbounds - saved about 40 seconds on the clock. At the time it looked like it would benefit the Hags. But no, it was the Cards that needed those 40 seconds in the end, and used all of them. Poetic justice!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
how was our offensive line today
i say boehm right guard
shipley center
wetzel left tackle
??

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Did like how Catman finished it off for them. Good to see and it was a good game. Just wish it didn't come down to the wire and the D kept on them through the whole game like they did in the first half.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell no. This felt good.

Exactly. Plenty of time to worry about the draft after we beat Seattle, and settle a score in LA.

You probably remember when people blew a gasket because the McCown to Poole miracle TD that knocked the Vikings out of the playoffs also cost us the #1 pick and dropped us to #3. That pick? Larry Fitzgerald

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some of us remember when we lost to the Redskins in a similar situation and it cost us a playoff spot. Was it O'Donohue that blew the FG when kicking it on the fly like Catman just did. Catman-Do just bought a TON of good faith with me because it doesn't get any more pressure packed then that winning FG kick.

Some are bemoaning that the D gave up the lead or it went down to the wire or......Hey folks, it's the frigging Seahawks in their stadium with them fighting for a bye week. It's the Cards with a depleted Secondary, O-line and WR corps.

I truly thought the Cards would get embarrassed in this game and I KNOW I'm not alone. I couldn't be more proud of this team and how much heart they showed. Oh and the entire coaching staff gets a gold star today.

Any complaints about Palmer at this point is simply hating to hate. Dude is as tough as any QB in the NFL and has big brass balls. Plus he has a great arm and is a fantastic leader.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
IIRC, last season, the Cards coughed up a two possession lead in Seattle only to storm up the field and take the lead back.

This is not uncharted waters for AZ.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
You probably remember when people blew a gasket because the McCown to Poole miracle TD that knocked the Vikings out of the playoffs also cost us the #1 pick and dropped us to #3. That pick? Larry Fitzgerald

Denny would have taken Larry with the first pick anyway, still that play was moot as far a the draft is concerned.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denny would have taken Larry with the first pick anyway, still that play was moot as far a the draft is concerned.

Yeah, but people were convinced we were taking Eli Manning. That's why it is so pointless to worry about draft position while the season is still going on. Even after the season is over, things can radically change if a prospect gets hurt, there is a trade, etc, etc,

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Archie would've never let Eli come here. Would've traded back with NY for Larry assuming he'd still be there.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Archie would've never let Eli come here. Would've traded back with NY for Larry assuming he'd still be there.

Sure, we can sit here all these years later and, in hindsight, say these profoundly accurate things about that draft. The week after that Vikings game? It was chaos and huge arguments about whether the Cards had done the right thing all over the place.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Great Christmas gift, draft spot be dammed. I'll always choose beating a division rival like the Seahawks over a draft position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard