Game thoughts

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
Oline stunk up the first quarter... Got settled a bit after the safety but let Texans manhandle then before that.

Whoever the goal line ref is that missed the facemask on Murray and required a review on the Ertz fumble should be fired.

Kliff lost an opportunity with Kyler and the team to build some swagger by calling for a field goal with 9 second left. Should have trusted the o to protect Murray enough to allow him to throw in the end zone. O line was doing better then. Go for the kill. No timeouts and then getting the ball after half didn't make it easy... But I think Kyler was pissed with the decision.

I'd rather Kyler just hand it off on the rpo's... Scares me when he decides to keep it. I don't think it was effective any time he did it today.

My son pointed out that fast defensive fronts seen to be the only thing that can slow or offense down...

Great table set for Thursday night...I think we feast.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Defense was immense the whole game. Barely put a foot wrong apart from Byron Murphy's taunting penalty - and you'd think that would be lesson learned for him.

No obvious injuries? Kyler a bit banged up maybe. Otherwise seemed unscathed

Won't take long for Kyler and Ertz to gel. They were out of sync a couple of times today but that's temporary you'd think

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oline stunk up the first quarter... Got settled a bit after the safety but let Texans manhandle then before that.

Whoever the goal line ref is that missed the facemask on Murray and required a review on the Ertz fumble should be fired.

Kliff lost an opportunity with Kyler and the team to build some swagger by calling for a field goal with 9 second left. Should have trusted the o to protect Murray enough to allow him to throw in the end zone. O line was doing better then. Go for the kill. No timeouts and then getting the ball after half didn't make it easy... But I think Kyler was pissed with the decision.

I'd rather Kyler just hand it off on the rpo's... Scares me when he decides to keep it. I don't think it was effective any time he did it today.

My son pointed out that fast defensive fronts seen to be the only thing that can slow or offense down...

Great table set for Thursday night...I think we feast.
Yep. Its why we have to pound the football with run game. A year ago it seemed like Kyler could just run by fast guys. Still just run the ball and it'll set up those play action shots deep.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Defense was immense the whole game. Barely put a foot wrong apart from Byron Murphy's taunting penalty - and you'd think that would be lesson learned for him.

No obvious injuries? Kyler a bit banged up maybe. Otherwise seemed unscathed

Won't take long for Kyler and Ertz to gel. They were out of sync a couple of times today but that's temporary you'd think
That taunting penalty was totally ticky tack.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way.he literally head butted him from behind and ran over to him and seek him out to do it. It was 1000% warranted and 1000% stupid. Rather it happen week 7 against Texans though then in the POs.
Exactly. They are cracking down on this stuff. He knows it. His emotions just got the better of him on that one...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That taunting penalty was totally ticky tack.
I don't think so and was expecting a flag after he came back and bumped him with the jawing but again as I cited, Amendola was trying to instigate crap all game or maybe he's just a little turdball... still need to chill and be aware after a three and out :raccoon:

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Really worried about the offensive line. A “not very good” team pushed around our O line most of the day. Know Hudson is out, but does he make THAT much of a difference?

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I think the Candinals were thiking ahead to the Whackers game on Thursday and Max Garcia still needs a lot of one on one time with Kyler.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray does NOT like KK. Going for the FG on 3rd down with 9 seconds left in a still too close to call game left me screaming at the TV. It’s crap like that that makes me still question Kliff’s long term viability. You can get away with that against the Texans, you won’t get away with that against the real teams like the Packers. And Josh Jones needs to be replaced as soon as we can possibly do so. I just pray Murray’s body will be ready by Thursday.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Really worried about the offensive line. A “not very good” team pushed around our O line most of the day. Know Hudson is out, but does he make THAT much of a difference?
A backup at C and inexperienced player at RG will do that. Hudson does make that much of a difference. Jones having some growing pains. We will see how he bounces back as teams will be targeting him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Murray does NOT like KK. Going for the FG on 3rd down with 9 seconds left in a still too close to call game left me screaming at the TV. It’s crap like that that makes me still question Kliff’s long term viability. You can get away with that against the Texans, you won’t get away with that against the real teams like the Packers. And Josh Jones needs to be replaced as soon as we can possibly do so. I just pray Murray’s body will be ready by Thursday.
What happened yesterday that makes you think this or highlight this belief?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
and yes, I am well aware of narrative that Kyler never chose Kliff as a college coach when Kliff was recruiting him.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry PA, this is so speculative that I can’t even come close to supporting this thought.

I would not be happy if Kyler if he was just passively sitting back and agreeing with every decision made or play called.

We’ve seen many Qb’s screaming at coaches. And as far as the decision to go for a fg I thought we’d run another play. However, we got the ball with 1:25. I think we had gained momentum and didn’t want to go in to the locker room with a negative mindset.

A bad snap, sack or turnover would have had many questioning the decision, the play call or the player who failed.

We went up 17-5. Got gauranteed points in the last two minutes which BTW , we lead the league with 27 points.

I suggest Sitting back and enjoying PA instead of looking for things to be unhappy about after a 26 pt. Win.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
and yes, I am well aware of narrative that Kyler never chose Kliff as a college coach when Kliff was recruiting him.
i can buy that KK is just a coach to K1 -- nothing more, nothing less.

im not sure the college thing really says anything. If you are a 5 star recruit / the top dual threat QB in high school: you arent picking Texas Tech

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry PA, this is so speculative that I can’t even come close to supporting this thought.

I would not be happy if Kyler if he was just passively sitting back and agreeing with every decision made or play called.

We’ve seen many Qb’s screaming at coaches. And as far as the decision to go for a fg I thought we’d run another play. However, we got the ball with 1:25. I think we had gained momentum and didn’t want to go in to the locker room with a negative mindset.

A bad snap, sack or turnover would have had many questioning the decision, the play call or the player who failed.

We went up 17-5. Got gauranteed points in the last two minutes which BTW , we lead the league with 27 points.

I suggest Sitting back and enjoying PA instead of looking for things to be unhappy about after a 26 pt. Win.
Its times like these when you have to ask, “WWSWD?” What would Spencer Whipple do?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
i can buy that KK is just a coach to K1 -- nothing more, nothing less.

im not sure the college thing really says anything. If you are a 5 star recruit / the top dual threat QB in high school: you arent picking Texas Tech
I think this is 100% fair and believable. I have never gotten the impression that they are close on a personal level. However, that is far from the "does not like" reality.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard