Game of Thrones (HBO)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
solid episode, but i gotta admit, I'm missing Tywin's presence of menace. Kind of a slow start to the season.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, loving it so far but am I the only one getting annoyed with the dragon thing? I mean we get it...you are losing control of the dragons and they are dangerous.

I think we get it by now.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
OK, loving it so far but am I the only one getting annoyed with the dragon thing? I mean we get it...you are losing control of the dragons and they are dangerous.

I think we get it by now.

I think it's quite on purpose that they're showing her losing control over the dragons.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's quite on purpose that they're showing her losing control over the dragons.

Oh I agree but they have beaten the point to death IMO. How many scenes do we need to hammer home she is losing control? I think the audience gets it by now. Just move the plot point of that forward already.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Oh I agree but they have beaten the point to death IMO. How many scenes do we need to hammer home she is losing control? I think the audience gets it by now. Just move the plot point of that forward already.

Yeah, but not everyone has the advantage of having read the books already. I can see why they're doing it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hate to say this but I'm a little bored this season.

at least Jon Snow finally got some balls.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

It's moving slow this year, in part because there's way too much going on at once. The ending of this episode signifies that things are starting to heat up.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

OMG. My favorite part. They have dragged on the Jon Snow thing FOREVER. It's about freaking time they advance his characters journey.

Also, have to agree....they need to pick up the pace. Although, based on what is going on with George R. Martin and the show officially announcing they will finish before the books.......seems like they are buying time this season.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
ehhh..... I seem to remember every season starting this way. Eps 4 & 5 are when everything hits the fan.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
they have cut quite a bit out in order to speed everything along. I am enjoying it but it does feel like each episode should have had about ten more minutes or so.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
OMG. My favorite part. They have dragged on the Jon Snow thing FOREVER. It's about freaking time they advance his characters journey.

Also, have to agree....they need to pick up the pace. Although, based on what is going on with George R. Martin and the show officially announcing they will finish before the books.......seems like they are buying time this season.

I assume you have not read the books based on your comments.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume you have not read the books based on your comments.

What does that have to do with anything? I am not commenting on the books. This is not a discussion about the books. I am talking about how the story is unfolding on the show.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Last year, the Purple Wedding was episode 2.

Yeah.... But to be clear.... I disagree with this being a slow start.

The dialogue of the last episode was great. And Snow going all Rob Stark season 1 ep 1, minute 1. was so ice cold.

And anytime Littlefinger (AKA Tommy Carcetti) is on the screen I get a big smile on my face.

Loved it.

I do wish Tyrion would get to Mereen already. That is TV gold waiting to happen.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The show does feel a little different from past seasons, and I certainly felt that way reading book 4 when I did, but I think it's kind of expected. The War of the 5 Kings is essentially over by now, with only Stannis remaining and he's stuck way the hell up North, with winter fast approaching. Other than the Lannisters, the other major characters are either stuck somewhere (The Wall, Meereen) or on journeys trying to get wherever they hell they need to get to. I do hope the pace picks up a bit though.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good episode last night. Although I am getting deja vu again with all the talk of the White Walkers coming....which will go through the entire season probably only to get a flash once again. That is getting extremely annoying.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fastest 55 minutes on TV. Every time the credits go up I'm convinced it has only been 20 minutes since the opening theme.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enjoyed this episode - a lot going on, but the story moved along well.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Good episode last night. Although I am getting deja vu again with all the talk of the White Walkers coming....which will go through the entire season probably only to get a flash once again. That is getting extremely annoying.

I don't expect much of significance from the White Walkers until Season 7. I think Season 5 has so much going on beyond the White Walkers that it'll take too much time for anything to come together.

BTW - I enjoyed last night's episode.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort