Game of Thrones (HBO)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got to watch the finale after getting back from vacation. Thought it was good but not one of the greatest in the series. Very curious to see how everything moves forward in the next season. Especially since they are hopefully moving away from the whole book 4 disaster of only covering what was happening in the south.

I keep hearing everyone bag on what's coming next. I wonder if that will mean taking more liberties than normal from the books? That would be OK with me....I just don't want next season to suck.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I keep hearing everyone bag on what's coming next. I wonder if that will mean taking more liberties than normal from the books? That would be OK with me....I just don't want next season to suck.

I think part of the experience with Book 4 that everyone hates is that it shifts away from the main conflicts (for the most part) in Books 1-3 and focuses on new characters. Now imagine if this was the only new material in the saga you got as a fan for 13 years.

I am confident the show will be able to combine Books 4 and 5 into a less maddening experience.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think part of the experience with Book 4 that everyone hates is that it shifts away from the main conflicts (for the most part) in Books 1-3 and focuses on new characters. Now imagine if this was the only new material in the saga you got as a fan for 13 years.

I am confident the show will be able to combine Books 4 and 5 into a less maddening experience.

Ooof. That is indeed brutal when you look at it that way. I'm already in withdrawal for more GOT and what, we have a good year or so for season 5?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 20% of book 5 left. Why didn't you tell me there is no book 6?!!?

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Kind of spoilerish:

Martin promises more weddings in the 6th book.

Read: Someone's gonna die...

:D

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, as much as I complained about the books by the time I was ten pages into book 5, I knew it had been worth it.

Can I change my vote?
The "ending" to book 5 was ridiculously terrible. Feel free not to just keep making up story lines because you don';t know how to resolve the ones you already created.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Can I change my vote?
The "ending" to book 5 was ridiculously terrible. Feel free not to just keep making up story lines because you don';t know how to resolve the ones you already created.

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, consider the source. I don't believe it.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, consider the source. I don't believe it.

It was just off the top of my head.

I am back to thinking over half of the books are a serious waste of time.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Note: Someone at work just filled in a couple of gaps so things are making more sense. Haha.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else think that the casting of Jorah Mormont is way off based on what happens to him later on in the books?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nice!

Where was this taken and I hope that kids name isn't Joffery.

Oh and stop bumping this thread. It makes me sad to remember that I have to wait a year for the next season.

Oh wait I just bumped the thread. Dang-It!

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Casting news. This is the High Sparrow:

You must be registered for see images

Jonathan Pryce

Additional new cast members:

Alexander Siddig (Deep Space Nine): Doran Martell
Keisha Castle-Hughes (Star Wars Episode III): Obara Sand
Jessica Henwick: Nymeria Sand
Rosabell Laurenti Sellers: Tyene Sand
Toby Sebastin: Trystane Martell
Nell Tiger Free: Recast Myrcella Baratheon
DeObia Oparei: Aero Hotah
Enzo Cilenti: Yezzan

The Sand Girls all look like they could be related to Pedro Pascal in real life, so I think this is excellent casting.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/25/game-of-thrones-season-5-cast/

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
No Bran in Season 5. The kid will be I recognizable when we rejoin his story in Season 6.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Somewhat related:
Reports have been pretty consistent that HBO will offer a direct-to-consumer streaming option sometime next year. When that might land and what that might look like, however, have been subject to rampant (and usually unfounded) speculation. Today, at least a little more detail is trickling in. The company is currently planning to launch the service, in some capacity, in April alongside the premiere of season five of Game of Thrones. Though, that timeline is subject to the usual caveats about plans changing and all that jazz. Those plans were revealed in a memo (which you'll find after the break) announcing plans to cancel its own streaming platform project "Maui" and license MLB Advanced's much-lauded tech instead.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/09/hbo-eyes-april-premiere-for-its-standalone-streaming-service/

Still no word on pricing and availability.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard