Game #1 predictions.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout, I really think this is a good defensive coaching staff in every way except in game management.

From McGinnis to Marmie, they'd rather lose a slow bleeder than be proactive and seize a game by the throat.

Didn't the coaches lose that Rams game last year? You KNOW they did. The Cards players had the game won and the coaches gave it back.

On the other hand, the close-to-the-vest management of the Carolina game produced a win in a game we should have lost.

We've heard a lot about our new aggressive scheme. Well, it will be of no use if we don't use it in the 4th quarter. If we revert to a passive zone, what's the damn use?

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
damn I can't wait. 14-7 cards. I have no idea that figure just pops in my head. I can't think straight. so jacked for the season to start.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
Stout, I really think this is a good defensive coaching staff in every way except in game management.

From McGinnis to Marmie, they'd rather lose a slow bleeder than be proactive and seize a game by the throat.

Didn't the coaches lose that Rams game last year? You KNOW they did. The Cards players had the game won and the coaches gave it back.

On the other hand, the close-to-the-vest management of the Carolina game produced a win in a game we should have lost.

We've heard a lot about our new aggressive scheme. Well, it will be of no use if we don't use it in the 4th quarter. If we revert to a passive zone, what's the damn use?

I agree wholeheartedly, Skkorp! Wow, did I say that? Lol You hit the nail on the head.

We have to know when to play it close, and also know when to just go after a team. We played too soft last year and it cost us. It REALLY cost us.

Let's hope it's different this time around. Otherwise...good coaches or no, it's time for a change. Good but timid coaches won't cut it.

Mrospi

Reaction score
Ok........you heard it here first!!!!!!!!!

Cards 38
Lions 10

E Smith rushes for 120 yds & 2 tds.........

Blake throws for 300 yards & 2 tds..... 1 to Freddie Jones & 1 to Anquan Boldin...........

Defensive TD by Barrett on an INT return.............

Total domination..............Pace will have 2 sacks & 1 forced fumble in the game.............our LB's and defense will wreak havoc on Lions with our new attack style............. I also think we will have 3 more sacks..........r thompson..... W Bryant..... and F Wakefield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let it be written, so let it be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FischInMich

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm still dying when I read these Smith stats. LOL. 120 yds and 2 TDs?

Last season for Dallas he rushed for 39 yds, and no TDs on 16 carries in Detroit.

The year prior he ran for 77 yds, and 1 TD on 18 carries in Detroit.

The Detroit front 7 is more solid now than it has been in either of the two prior seasons. Arizona O-line, if playing to their potential enough to change that? Doubt it.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischInMich
The Detroit front 7 is more solid now than it has been in either of the two prior seasons. Arizona O-line, if playing to their potential enough to change that? Doubt it.

I think so.

Big is the difference.

FischInMich

Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by arthurracoon
I think so.

Big is the difference.

Sure, I could buy that to some degree. But I think Wilkenson and Rogers are plenty big in the middle for us. . .Earl Holmes is a known run stopper at MLB. . .and Edwards, Porcher and Hall at DE have enough speed to work on those big tackles. . .Bailey and Green on the outside at LB. . .more speed.

It will be one of the more intriguing matchups of the game, no doubt.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
It will be one of the more intriguing matchups of the game, no doubt.

Should be a good game.

I think they will neutralize each other...until the 4th quarter...if the Cards are ahead...they will run the ball down the lion's throat...after putting the lion's DL through the torture that is JH, ES, MS, and DA.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Maybe, if our speed at WR doesn't already have the ARI DBs gasping. ;)

Hopefully our S'sDexter and Adrian Wilson can help out our undermanned CB's

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Originally posted by Skkorpion
This is a bad match-up for us at the wrong time of year.

The Lions will stuff our run game and sack Blake repeatedly. Since the game will be close early and we are missing Duane Starks, Marcus Bell, and KVB, Larry Marmie will revert to a passive 3 man rush backed by an 8 man soft zone in the 4th period.

Detroit will beat us late - thanks to Marmie's lack of guts.

We'd have a better chance against a better team. The coaches will lose this one.

Wise guy ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen