Game #1 predictions.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think these teams are pretty evenly matched. Both are young up and coming teams. This game will be close. Both offenses will struggle.

Cards 16
Lions 13

whatchamacallit

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lions picked up Olandis Gary to replace James Stewart. A very nice acquisition if you ask me. I don't know if he will be ready for the Cardinals game this Sunday, but he is dangerous and could be the difference.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
Cards: 20
Lions: 17

Close game that could go either way. Our run game finds plenty of room in the middle, and even though our deep passing game is largely ineffective, we keep going there (getting one deep score) forcing the lions to defend it.

I do not have a clue how this will turn out as this is the first time everyone is playing for real. We will get a sense of what kind to team we have and what the prospects are for the remainder of the season.

Reaction score
Cards 24
Lions 13

Smith runs for 80 yds and a score, Shipp adds 60. Blake has a decent day, 21 of 34 for 220 yds, 2 TD's, 1 pick. Gilmore catches one long TD, and finished with 5 rec. for 110 yds.

Defense sacks Herrington 2 times and pressures him into 2 picks.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Here kitty-kitty...

Cards 24
Detroit 16

And it shouldn't have even been that close...

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
After all this media BS I'm changing my prediction. I'm upset and predict our team is too. Since when are the freakin Lions a more competent group than the Cards?

Cards-27
Lions-0

Total domination and a statement.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
Sept. 7, 10 am AZ time....

I'll be sitting in front of a tv - either mine or The Rick's - cold sweat, a small towel to chew on, stomach churning with hope and dread...
If the Cards come out and show some plays on O that they never did in the pre season, if the defense plays AGGRESIVELY, if the qb, rb, kr and recievers HOLD ON TO THE F****** BALL, if the kick cover team doesn't give up any big runbacks - we can win.
If the Cards limit mistakes, they can beat the sorry ass Lions!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
an ugly 16-14 win with a Dramatica 50 yard at the gun to win it. I don't care if it is ugly - a win is a win and after one we'll be tied for the best record in the league.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Cards-10
Lions-9

Both defenses will play good. Our only touchdown will come from Larry Foster. Lions always get close to the endzone but never get in. Pace get 1.5 sacks, and bryant gets 1 sack.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'll revise my prediction a bit. Seeing as though our defense has vastly improved (though is not without questions), and the Lions' starting RB is gone for the year and, though Gary may work out, he's only had a week to prepare...I say...

Cards 21
Lions 10

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
Lions 27 Cards 13

Okay - I was gonna hold back here for a bit but Jeez - Skkorp - the things you say don't make sense with each other - you think this team is going to be (using your words here) "very good" yet you think we are going to be BLOWN OUT BY THE LIONS?! Any team that gives up 27 points to a squad with a second year QB, that has lost their starting running back and is starting Bill Schroeder and a rookie WR isn't going to be "very good" no matter what time of the year they play them. Are you bi-polar? I only ask because otherwise your score prediction just can't possibly go with what you have said the team will produce this year.

ds512az

All Star
Reaction score
Write this one down folks. All preseason we've been hearing that the "package" has not yet been delivered. "Boldin's Brigade" are going to have some sore throats from cheering and screaming.

Cards - 27
Lions - 6

Stout

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
Lions 27 Cards 13

Skkorp, are you an optimist or a pessimist? A Kool-Aider or a Dark Sider? This is decidedly Dark Sided :D

I've been labelled a Dark Sider, and even I predict a Cards win against the hapless Kitty-Cats.

Stout

Reaction score
Originally posted by FischInMich
I didn't think there were any sensible posters in here. I stand corrected.

Why, because he picked your team to win? That doesn't make him sensible. It makes him think like you do. Big difference.

If it's so 'sensible' that the Lions will win, what are your reasons? Hmm? Other than smack that should be on the Bird Seed forum?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
man skkorp, I am just shocked that you picked the lions to win.

The way I see it, the lions will have trouble running or throwing the ball on our defense. And, jeff blake will not give the Mo town offense any easy opportunities.

I think the cards will look servicable although not spectacular on offense, running the ball effectively and throwing adequately when they need to.

Cards 24

Lions 10

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a bad match-up for us at the wrong time of year.

The Lions will stuff our run game and sack Blake repeatedly. Since the game will be close early and we are missing Duane Starks, Marcus Bell, and KVB, Larry Marmie will revert to a passive 3 man rush backed by an 8 man soft zone in the 4th period.

Detroit will beat us late - thanks to Marmie's lack of guts.

We'd have a better chance against a better team. The coaches will lose this one.

Stout

Reaction score
Does this mean you wish the coaching staff were different? And if so, all around?

I don't deny you have a great point. The staff has been far too passive and, if game management isn't improved and we don't coach aggressively, then it will be time for a change.