Game #1 predictions.

Arvos

Veteran
Reaction score
Game #1 predictions.

Mooch will have the Lions sky high for the season opener. Ford Field is sold out. Lions 31, Cards 23. Several long pass plays to Bill Schroeder and Charles Rogers put the Lions comfortably ahead in the first half. Jeff Blake rallys the Cards in the second half by throwing for 2 touchdowns and 300 yards. The Lions stack the line of scrimmage to make Blake beat them with his arm and almost makes the comeback in the second half. A late drive capped off with a James Stewart 1 yard run ruins the Cards late game heroics. The Lions end the Cards 6 game winning streak vs. them. The Lions finish the year at 8-8 and the Cards finish at 7-9 just ahead of the Lions in the draft order. The Cards end up drafting the player the Lions truly covet, Kellen Winslow Jr with the 10th pick of the draft.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I think the Cards win in a relative blowout.
I seriously don't see this game being even close.

I think the Cardinals outrush the Lions by well over 100 yards, and the rest is academic.

Cardinals 27
Lions 10

On a side note, the McMahon debate rears it's ugly head come Monday morning.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Shouldn't this be over at Bird Droppings?

There's no way the Lions will score that many points on us. Our secondary is dinged, but our pass rush is improved. You have Bill *laugh* Schroeder and a rookie WR. Your offensive line? Hmm. I say you guys probably won't score more than 20, at the very most. Will we? Perhaps. I think so.

Cards 21-16.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards: 20
Lions: 17

Close game that could go either way. Our run game finds plenty of room in the middle, and even though our deep passing game is largely ineffective, we keep going there (getting one deep score) forcing the lions to defend it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We've beaten the Lions everytime that we've faced them for the past ten years, and we play the Lions pretty regularly.

The Lions don't have a prayer.

Bill Schroeder?:biglaugh:

James Stewart? :biglaugh:

Lions defense? :biglaugh:

Joey Harrington (a grown man named Joey, that deserves a double laugh) :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Cards 27- Lions 7

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I predict the team with the most points at the end of the game will win!

HA! Put that in your pipe and smoke it! With your burned lips!

I think it will be a good determination of where the Cardinals are right now. If the Cardinals want to be competitive they must destroy the Lions. Yet, the Lions are in the same position we are. Rebuilding with youth.

As for Sh. Talking: C.Rogers better keep his skinny butt away from Adrian Wilson or BOOOOM! Out cold! Twitching on the ground!

I mean how big is Wilson 260 lbs ? 270 lbs?

And yes, When you turn 13 NOBODY CALLS YOU JOEY except the immediate family memebers. Take it from me. I am Joe. NOT A D@MN KANGAROO!

Peace
:p

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Arvos
Game #1 predictions.

Mooch will have the Lions sky high for the season opener. Ford Field is sold out. Lions 31, Cards 23. Several long pass plays to Bill Schroeder and Charles Rogers put the Lions comfortably ahead in the first half. Jeff Blake rallys the Cards in the second half by throwing for 2 touchdowns and 300 yards. The Lions stack the line of scrimmage to make Blake beat them with his arm and almost makes the comeback in the second half. A late drive capped off with a James Stewart 1 yard run ruins the Cards late game heroics. The Lions end the Cards 6 game winning streak vs. them. The Lions finish the year at 8-8 and the Cards finish at 7-9 just ahead of the Lions in the draft order. The Cards end up drafting the player the Lions truly covet, Kellen Winslow Jr with the 10th pick of the draft.

I haven't followed Detroit much this offseason have they upgraded the OL? Is Shaun Rogers healthy?

I love Charles Rogers but he's a rookie and Mooch is not going to make that offense 180 degrees better this quickly. Harrington is going to be very good but I think the cards SHOULD win this game on the ground unless our OL's are still not able to play by week 1.

I just don't think Detroit has the defense to handle our OL and if they stack the line I think Blake will beat them.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
We've beaten the Lions everytime that we've faced them for the past ten years, and we play the Lions pretty regularly.

This concerns me more than it comforts me. The law of averages is not in our favor.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards 27

Lions 6

This game will not even be close. The Cards defense will dominate and the Lions will only be able to score two field goals. Because of the large lead, McCown will get some playing time in the 4th. quarter.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to hear someone say Mooch will turn that offense around 360 degrees. I think we'll run all over them.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
This concerns me more than it comforts me. The law of averages is not in our favor.

True, but everytime someone points that out in regards to Detroit, we still win. :D

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Cards 27 Lions 24 I think it will be a high scoring game since neither team will do much to stop the others offense.

OP
OP
A

Arvos

Veteran
Reaction score
Not smack.

I'm not trying to talk smack, excuse me if you think so, which is why I didn't put this into the Bird droppings section. I've come to ally myslelf with the Card's fans, and hence their team since I came over in March. I really do hope the Cards to well, their fans deserve some wins after all the bad publicity they have been getting. I love to see the so called "experts" eat one every once in awhile.

The strength of the Lions is on the Defense front four. Dan Wilkenson and Shaun Rogers are forces in the middle. Kalimba Edwards and Robert Porcher coming off the edges makes it tough to run against them. The Lions can be exploited with the pass. Their CB's are substandard, especially with one of our starting CB's going down with an ACL tear last week. The Lions will be checking the waiver wire this weekend for a CB which can never be a good sign for a defense. The LB's are an unknown. Boss Bailey has been playing well but I'm not sure how he will cover in his first season. The Lions match up well against the Cards offense. Blake is an unknown commodity, you never know which guy is going to show up. The WR's don't really scare anyone much but the Lions secondary is weak so you never know. I'll be back after the game either way.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Not smack.

Originally posted by Arvos
I'll be back after the game either way.

Couple of weeks ago I posted on a Lions baord about the first game. Win or lose, I'll be back to either strut my stuff or eat my crow, but in large part I don't think the Lions fans know what their team is getting into in the opener. All they know is what they read in the national media--and the national media doesn't know much about the cardinals. The party line is "they suck--they sucked last year and they got worse this year."

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
23-21 Cardinals. The Lions always play us tough, and neither team wants to start the season off losing to a "beatable" team. We win by moving the ball and kicking FG's in the fourth quarter.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arvos is welcome here. As a Lions fan, he knows pain and suffering.

My opinion is that Detroit will immediately be competitive. I like their defensive talent. It underperformed under the last coach.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
Arvos is welcome here. As a Lions fan, he knows pain and suffering.

My opinion is that Detroit will immediately be competitive. I like their defensive talent. It underperformed under the last coach.

With your 9-7 prediction, I'm assuming you think we'll take the opener?

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
close lower scoring game

I think the Cards will score on the first drive of the game to go up 7-0. Blake will hit a couple passes and a few drops will give us at least one third and long that we'll push through. The defenses will then step up until the Cardinals get a long field goal early in the second quarter. The Lions will then have a long touchdown pass late in the second half and James Stewart will push it into the endzone to go into half time 10-7. The Cards hit two field goals in the third quarter to go up 16-7... and the Lions rally and score in the 4th quarter but fail to get the onside kick and the Cards win 16-14.

Analysts accross the league talk about how this game was between two meaningless teams and discount excellent play on both sides of the ball.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
I'll go with the 50% that took McMahon...he is one of the toughest players I have ever seen.

Here's the problem. Last year it became popular to say the Lions had fixed their OL. If McMahon replaced Harrington, this year it would become popular to say the OL is broken again. The sacks 2 years ago were McMahon as a rookie holding the ball, he got better last year but Harrington was the hardest QB in the entire NFL to sack last year, as a rookie!

So while neither is great yet, if you play McMahon he's going to get sacked 3-4 times as often as Harrington. So yeah he can run, but all the extra rushing yards are lost on sacks.

If they really bench Harrington I'll be amazed, and I'd be frantically contacting them offering McCown etc to get Harrington from them. I'd still start Blake but I think Harrington is a MUCH better QB than McMahon.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Re: close lower scoring game

Originally posted by TigToad
Analysts accross the league talk about how this game was between two meaningless teams and discount excellent play on both sides of the ball.

Yes, a prize goes to the first analyst who says the phrase "someone had to win".

Cards have an apparent victory in hand before a late Detroit rally makes all of us feel like we're going to have a heart attack. But Cards hold on for a 23-20 win.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Arvos,
Look at this face. Joey Harrington is going to have this face in his, like a bad dream, all day long.

After we kill you I hope that you guys go undefeated until the playoffs when we kill you again.

Attachments

• pacemug03.jpg
    pacemug03.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 215