Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stephen Sommers to Direct 'G.I. Joe' Sequel
By Jeff Sneider
Published: August 03, 2010

"G.I. Joe" director Stephen Sommers will return to direct Paramount's sequel, an individual familiar with the project has told TheWrap.

There had been some doubts about whether Sommers would be brought back into the "Joe" fold, as there were conflicting reports across the blogosphere last summer that there had been some tension between Sommers and the studio, but the alleged bad blood appears to have been resolved.

Channing Tatum is expected to reprise his role as Capt. Duke Hauser in the sequel, which is still in development at Paramount.

Plot details are being kept under wraps, but Collider reported earlier this year that Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick ("Zombieland") were hired to write the sequel, and I'm told that the studio is happy with the draft they turned in.

Sommers will likely produce with Lorenzo di Bonaventura.

"G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" grossed more than $300 million worldwide last year on a reported production budget of $175 million, not including prints and advertising.

Full story here: http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/exclusive-stephen-sommers-direct-gi-joe-sequel-19844

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G.I. Joe: Retaliation

Release Date: March 27, 2013 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX 3D)
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Jon M. Chu
Screenwriter: Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick
Genre: Action, Adventure
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for intense sequences of combat violence and martial arts action throughout, and for brief sensuality and language)

Starring: D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum, Bruce Willis, Dwayne Johnson

Plot Summary: A follow-up to the 2009 release of "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," which grossed over $300 million worldwide, Paramount Pictures, MGM and Skydance Productions, in association with Hasbro, commenced the di Bonaventura production of "G.I. Joe: Retaliation."

In this sequel, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence. The film stars D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum with Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson. Directed by Jon M. Chu, and produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Brian Goldner, from a screenplay by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick based on Hasbro's G.I. Joe characters.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup FUN movie. CHEESy good time just llike Stout said!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are saying this is "the" 3-D movie to see. Anyone agree/disagree/have thoughts on this?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are saying this is "the" 3-D movie to see. Anyone agree/disagree/have thoughts on this?

100% agree had me jumping out of my seat a few times. the 3D was stellar!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard