Future of Hollywood Brown as a Cardinal

What will happen with Hollywood Brown in free agency?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hilarious. Yes, if you ignore the fact that he missed nearly a quarter of a season he was very good!

Yes, he was good. Glad we agree.

I'm pretty sure there's a middle ground between playing almost zero snaps per game (the first 10 weeks of the season) and the 80% he played in the last seven weeks due to injury. I don't think most people want or need to see Greg Dortch play 80% of downs on a good team.

Dorth is never going to play 80% of snaps. We don't use a 3rd WR that much. Rondale only played 67% and that was with all the times he lined up at RB or some other gadget position. Dortch would play 60% max.

Tanking teams make strange roster decisions. Shocking.

What has Nico Collins being frequently injured got to do with "roster decisions"?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brit, you are all over the board with your takes. Dortch at #3 is a starter but Wilson at #3 is getting benched? Make up your mind.

Which poster is calling for Dortch to be a starting WR for the Cards this season? Name them, please. People want him on the roster and want him to contribute, not start. I sure in hell don't.

MHJ, legit #2, Wilson, Dortch, yes, that would be acceptable. I'd prefer more proven depth, but that would suffice.

This isn't the difficult. Wilson getting moved from a full time #2 role where he plays 90%+ of snaps to a part time slot role where he plays 50-60% is the equivalent of getting benched.

And there are no "legit #2" available. Unless you want to name who you have in mind?

Dorth played 45% of snaps in 2022 and 40% last year. Playing ore on this team is starting in the slot where he might play 60%.

You still haven't answered the original question. Would you be fine with MHJ, Wilson, and Dortch as our 1-3?

Am I fine with MHJ as #1? Yes

Am I fine with Wilson at #2? Yes

Am I fine with Dortch at #3? Not so much, but then I expect we will draft a 2nd WR that will play a role here.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do know that I want this thread to die, it keeps reminding me of how wrong I was with my vote.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You know what else you should have checked? That for the 1st 4 of those Wilson was out and Dortch took his role, and for the last 3 Hollywood was out and Dortch took his role.

Try harder.
So you're assuring me that neither Wilson nor anyone else will hurt and so Dortch will have to play more snaps?

Sure.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you're assuring me that neither Wilson nor anyone else will hurt and so Dortch will have to play more snaps?

Sure.

I'm not sure what so confusing for you about "Dortch will only play about 60% of snaps in the slot".

In his increased role last year he had to fill in outside so played much more. That's very unlikely to happen this year.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm not sure what so confusing for you about "Dortch will only play about 60% of snaps in the slot".

In his increased role last year he had to fill in outside so played much more. That's very unlikely to happen this year.
Oh okay.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This isn't the difficult. Wilson getting moved from a full time #2 role where he plays 90%+ of snaps to a part time slot role where he plays 50-60% is the equivalent of getting benched.

And there are no "legit #2" available. Unless you want to name who you have in mind?

Dorth played 45% of snaps in 2022 and 40% last year. Playing ore on this team is starting in the slot where he might play 60%.

Am I fine with MHJ as #1? Yes

Am I fine with Wilson at #2? Yes

Am I fine with Dortch at #3? Not so much, but then I expect we will draft a 2nd WR that will play a role here.
At least you answered the original question. I appreciate the clarification.

You consider Wilson #3 a non-starter and Dortch at #3 a starter. Hypocrisy. Can't have it both ways.

Also, very curious to see you name just who was asking for MHJ, Wilson, and Dortch as our 1-3 WRs. Who were these posters? I'll wait, because that's what you led off with and it's as ridiculous a take now as it was then.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least you answered the original question. I appreciate the clarification.

You consider Wilson #3 a non-starter and Dortch at #3 a starter. Hypocrisy. Can't have it both ways.

Also, very curious to see you name just who was asking for MHJ, Wilson, and Dortch as our 1-3 WRs. Who were these posters? I'll wait, because that's what you led off with and it's as ridiculous a take now as it was then.

Well obviously everyone has been asking for MHJ at 4 which is default WR1.

Lots of people have been asking for Dortch to play much more for years. As he was WR4 the only more is WR3.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I haven't done enough research on this but has it been confirmed he just wanted to go to the Chiefs or are we assuming the Cardinals made no offer?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean, that makes sense to me. Go play with the best QB in the league and have a chance to win a superbowl (or 3, whatever)

And play in a vibrant passing offense that gives you a chance to ball out and get paid next year. Which would not happen in AZ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson