Future of Hollywood Brown as a Cardinal

What will happen with Hollywood Brown in free agency?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems really strange that you feel like these are somehow contradictory ideas.

Our WR sucked before. We were the 26th-ranked passing offense in the NFL last year. Kyler Murray's 224.9 passing YPG would have ranked him 23rd in the NFL -- between Easton Stick and Jake Browning.
this isn't hard to understand. for all those who said those guys sucked, they also said they needed to be upgraded AND get MHJ. Right now, there's just Wilson, right now a solid 3rd WR, who can't be depended on to stay on the field, Dortch who is a solid 4th WR, and... drek. so, basically even if we get Harrison, you're looking at a team the currently has no dependable 2nd or 3rd WR.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The contradiction is the sudden elevated panic about the WR room as if anything has changed.

We already long factored in Brown leaving and Moore adding nothing. Nothing has changed and judging the room on March 15th is silly.
how has nothing changed? The new year for the season has started, meaning FA has started and there's now change... guys who could be upgrades to Brown and Moore... eh forget it. This is pointless to discuss with you.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Man I sure got this one wrong. I thought for sure we would take advantage of his down season to lock him up cheap for a few years.

Onwards and upwards I guess.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
how has nothing changed? The new year for the season has started, meaning FA has started and there's now change... guys who could be upgrades to Brown and Moore... eh forget it. This is pointless to discuss with you.

It's the first week of FA. If you think this is the final makeup of the WR room I don't know what to tell you.

If you like I can remind you of this conversation come September.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was anyone scared of the Texans WR room last year? I mean seriously? They had what was the epitome of a below average WR room. Even Nico Collins had two subpar seasons heading into year 3. Then they drafted a round 3 rookie(Tank Dell) and signed below average washed up Robert woods and the rest a buncha complete nobodies.

Their Rookie QB came in and made that room a formidable group all by himself. Nico Collins becomes a really good player Tank Dell a 3rd round pick is on the verge of being a star. Not for nothing but we should have similar expectations of Kyler and his ability to lift this WR room up. Especially if we land any of the top 3 WR prospects.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t mean anything but am I misremembering the Arizona Football Cardinals starting a season with a depth chart of DHop, Hollywood, AJGreen and some jags and finishing with 4 wins?
You’re remembering wrong. We started the season with Hollywood and a totally washed AJ Green and we were terrible out of the gate. Dhop didn’t play until week 7 and I think Hollywood was injured by then.

In other words, we had a terrible depth chart that season and finished with 4 wins. Looks like we have another terrible depth chart, so you’re kinda making most of our point for us… it’s aint exactly a recipe for success.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re remembering wrong. We started the season with Hollywood and a totally washed AJ Green and we were terrible out of the gate. Dhop didn’t play until week 7 and I think Hollywood was injured by then.

In other words, we had a terrible depth chart that season and finished with 4 wins. Looks like we have another terrible depth chart, so you’re kinda making most of our point for us… it’s aint exactly a recipe for success.
Lighten up Frances. I wasn’t arguing anything. That is why I said it doesn’t mean anything

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Was anyone scared of the Texans WR room last year? I mean seriously? They had what was the epitome of a below average WR room. Even Nico Collins had two subpar seasons heading into year 3. Then they drafted a round 3 rookie(Tank Dell) and signed below average washed up Robert woods and the rest a buncha complete nobodies.

Their Rookie QB came in and made that room a formidable group all by himself. Nico Collins becomes a really good player Tank Dell a 3rd round pick is on the verge of being a star. Not for nothing but we should have similar expectations of Kyler and his ability to lift this WR room up. Especially if we land any of the top 3 WR prospects.
So you're saying that a situation that usually fails 99 times out of 100 will work for us because of the 1 time it worked? Cool.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Excellent post.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm actually with @BritCard that nothing really has changed. Hollywood wasn't doing anything here and I'd rather have Martay Jenkins than Rondale Moore.

I'm actually fine with letting Michael Wilson develop. Teams draft players in the third round for them to become starters. I think we're so used to being the worst team in the NFL at the draft that we've forgotten you don't have to abandon all of your draft picks for free agents in year 2.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Two things can be true. The WR room needs an injection of talent AND overpaying an undersized injury-prone receiver is a questionable move in a year with a very deep and talented group of receivers available in the draft.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you're saying that a situation that usually fails 99 times out of 100 will work for us because of the 1 time it worked? Cool.

I think he's more saying that the team knew what they had in the receiver room and a lot of people outside didn't. And that the Texans decisions not to add more to that room were because they knew what they had.

I've said it before, people here are undervaluing Michael Wilson. His 45 yards per game were comparable to any rookie receiver we drafted this century outside Boldin.

He's a great route runner, a hard worker and smart. He's going to be a good NFL receiver. If not a #1 then a good #2.

If were drafting MHJ #1 (which is what people want) and the team believe that Wilson is a #2 and Dortch is #3 (which is also what people here want), then what more is there to add outside backups?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think he's more saying that the team knew what they had in the receiver room and a lot of people outside didn't. And that the Texans decisions not to add more to that room were because they knew what they had.

I've said it before, people here are undervaluing Michael Wilson. His 45 yards per game were comparable to any rookie receiver we drafted this century outside Boldin.

He's a great route runner, a hard worker and smart. He's going to be a good NFL receiver. If not a #1 then a good #2.

If were drafting MHJ #1 (which is what people want) and the team believe that Wilson is a #2 and Dortch is #3 (which is also what people here want), then what more is there to add outside backups?
I want you on record that you are perfectly fine with MHJ, Wilson, and Dortch as our top 3. Please do. I am more than happy to go on record as not being fine with that WR room. I have hope for Wilson, sure, and maybe he can develop into a #2--maybe a #1 someday, if we're really lucky--but not yet. Counting on him to be #2 is disregarding proper starters in the WR room. This is our biggest need in the draft, IMO. Getting MHJ will fill a large role in filling that need. We will still have need in the WR after drafting him.

And, wait, weren't you the one saying we're going to add more in the WR and defending Monti saying the offseason isn't over yet? What is your actual take here? Seems like a lot of fence-riding leading to eventually agreeing with whatever Monti does. Please, state your preference for the board.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard