Future of Hollywood Brown as a Cardinal

What will happen with Hollywood Brown in free agency?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want you on record that you are perfectly fine with MHJ, Wilson, and Dortch as our top 3. Please do. I am more than happy to go on record as not being fine with that WR room. I have hope for Wilson, sure, and maybe he can develop into a #2--maybe a #1 someday, if we're really lucky--but not yet. Counting on him to be #2 is disregarding proper starters in the WR room. This is our biggest need in the draft, IMO. Getting MHJ will fill a large role in filling that need. We will still have need in the WR after drafting him.

And, wait, weren't you the one saying we're going to add more in the WR and defending Monti saying the offseason isn't over yet? What is your actual take here? Seems like a lot of fence-riding leading to eventually agreeing with whatever Monti does. Please, state your preference for the board.
That is me.

And seems like a lot of people are disagreeing with whatever Monti does, which is totally fine based on results so far. But assuming that all Monti wants is more picks at the cost of Big John Studs is a little much for me since that seems based on one draft.

Don't @ me.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That is me.

And seems like a lot of people are disagreeing with whatever Monti does, which is totally fine based on results so far. But assuming that all Monti wants is more picks at the cost of Big John Studs is a little much for me since that seems based on one draft.

Don't @ me.
Yep, he might stick and pick and not go for the haul. I hope he does. Plenty of smoke in the league that he wants to trade back but that doesn't mean there is fire. We shall see.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is me.

Don't @ me.

NOTE: the WR group you described above is not good, not good at all.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course, people could be totally right about Monti just acquiring as many as picks as possible to look smart, gain cap space and kick the can.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he's more saying that the team knew what they had in the receiver room and a lot of people outside didn't. And that the Texans decisions not to add more to that room were because they knew what they had.
I don’t know if the Texans knew what they had or not. Especially in that dreg of a room. There was literally nobody special in it at this time last year. Nico Collins 2 previous years were garbage. They signed the corpse of Robert Woods and that’s it. This board would be pulling their collective hair out if that’s the position the Cards were in. Even more so if all they really did to address it was wait until round 3 to grab a guy you have no idea how they are gonna turn out. Yet for the season they were more then fine thanks to the performance of their QB.

What I do know is it’s a very good chance and possibility that Cards will have the #1 overall WR in this draft or one of top 3. Not some barely heralded 3rd rounder. Add in another Quality player in round 3 or sign another of the vets still out there or both.

We should all be expecting after a full TC. Another full year of his brain in This offense. We should expect Kyler to lift up this WR room just like the Texans QB did to his. No question.

Kyler now in 5 mostly full years in the league and his commensurate salary should be able to come out and play like an absolute star moving forward. There are no more excuses. He certainly and clearly has the running game he needs as support. And a star TE in the making as well.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don’t know if the Texans knew what they had or not. Especially in that dreg of a room. There was literally nobody special in it at this time last year. Nico Collins 2 previous years were garbage. They signed the corpse of Robert Woods and that’s it. This board would be pulling their collective hair out if that’s the position the Cards were in. Even more so if all they really did to address it was wait until round 3 to grab a guy you have no idea how they are gonna turn out. Yet for the season they were more then fine thanks to the performance of their QB.

What I do know is it’s a very good chance and possibility that Cards will have the #1 overall WR in this draft or one of top 3. Not some barely heralded 3rd rounder. Add in another Quality player in round 3 or sign another of the vets still out there or both.

We should all be expecting after a full TC. Another full year of his brain in This offense. We should expect Kyler to lift up this WR room just like the Texans QB did to his. No question.

Kyler now in 5 mostly full years in the league and his commensurate salary should be able to come out and play like an absolute star moving forward. There are no more excuses. He certainly and clearly has the running game he needs as support. And a star TE in the making as well.

Remember that many, many people here expected the Texans to be extremely bad in 2023, also. It's not unreasonable to say that Houston significantly outperformed expectations driven by a very good QB and the maturation of a 3rd round pick who had Davis Mills throwing to him for his first two seasons in the league (in two different coaching regimes).

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember that many, many people here expected the Texans to be extremely bad in 2023, also. It's not unreasonable to say that Houston significantly outperformed expectations driven by a very good QB and the maturation of a 3rd round pick who had Davis Mills throwing to him for his first two seasons in the league (in two different coaching regimes).
Michael Wilson had Josh Dobbs and Tayton Clune? :) jk

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Michael Wilson had Josh Dobbs and Tayton Clune? :) jk
He also had Kyler Murray.

I fully expect Michael Wilson to outperform his draft position when he's on the field; it's just a real question of how often he can be on the field. I don't want to depend on him until he's shown he's dependable.

Collins was part of the COVID draft class. Hard to draw conclusions one way or another on that. I do agree that Houston was likely surprised by how good Collins was last year.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I fully expect Michael Wilson to outperform his draft position when he's on the field; it's just a real question of how often he can be on the field. I don't want to depend on him until he's shown he's dependable.

Collins was part of the COVID draft class. Hard to draw conclusions one way or another on that. I do agree that Houston was likely surprised by how good Collins was last year.
I use this:
You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want you on record that you are perfectly fine with MHJ, Wilson, and Dortch as our top 3. Please do. I am more than happy to go on record as not being fine with that WR room. I have hope for Wilson, sure, and maybe he can develop into a #2--maybe a #1 someday, if we're really lucky--but not yet. Counting on him to be #2 is disregarding proper starters in the WR room. This is our biggest need in the draft, IMO. Getting MHJ will fill a large role in filling that need. We will still have need in the WR after drafting him.

And, wait, weren't you the one saying we're going to add more in the WR and defending Monti saying the offseason isn't over yet? What is your actual take here? Seems like a lot of fence-riding leading to eventually agreeing with whatever Monti does. Please, state your preference for the board.

What I am saying is this is the wide receiver room that people have asked for.

Everyone wants MHJ, there's your #1.

Michael Wilson is a day 2 pick that had a good rookie year outside the 4 games he missed. That's where you draft your #2 and that's what he will be.

Wasn't everyone here clamouring for Dortch to play more? Well being the starting slot is what that looks like. There's your #3.

Outside your pessimism of Wilson what more do you want? It sounds to me like you want to bench Wilson for a vet.

There will almost certainly be a 2nd WR picked in the draft and the final product will likely look something like,

MHJ
Wilson
Dortch
Brendan Rice (insert 3rd/4th round pick of choice)
Pascal
Moore

And yes, I said we will add more to the WR room before the season starts, which we will. I didn't say anything about that being a vet, but maybe it will, who knows? I'll judge the roster when it's finished.

Stout

Reaction score

I can be on board with this, as long as the vet is legit and it's not a 3rd-round reach or injury project.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Nico Collins is a bum apparently seeing as he missed 4 games in 2021, 7 games in 2022 and 2 games in 2023 due to injury. Thems the rules.

Stout

Reaction score

Michael Wilson is a day 2 pick that had a good rookie year outside the 4 games he missed. That's where you draft your #2 and that's what he will be.

Wasn't everyone here clamouring for Dortch to play more? Well being the starting slot is what that looks like. There's your #3.

Outside your pessimism of Wilson what more do you want? It sounds to me like you want to bench Wilson for a vet.

There will almost certainly be a 2nd WR picked in the draft and the final product will likely look something like,

MHJ
Wilson
Dortch
Pascal
Moore

And yes, I said we will add more to the WR room before the season starts, which we will. I didn't say anything about that being a vet, but maybe it will, who knows? I'll judge the roster when it's finished.
Well, that's a flat-out falsehood leading off your post. No need to go further than that. Come real or don't come at all. Reasonable posters want an upgraded WR room; you think we asked for a gutted one? LMFAO Get real, Brit.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can be on board with this, as long as the vet is legit and it's not a 3rd-round reach or injury project.

I need to know what do you call a legit vet and where do they fit into the room?

Are you talking like Quez Watkins to play 20% of snaps and backup Wilson? Or are you talking Mike Williams and Wilson is getting benched?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, that's a flat-out falsehood leading off your post. No need to go further than that. Come real or don't come at all. Reasonable posters want an upgraded WR room; you think we asked for a gutted one? LMFAO Get real, Brit.

So people haven't asked for MHJ? People haven't asked for Dortch to start? Because they have, that's the #1 and #3 right there.

It's seems to me all your issue is with Wilson and that if the starting lineup was MHJ and Dortch but with Mike Williams, Michael Gallup or Tyler Boyd at #2 you'd be ok.

Stout

Reaction score
I need to know what do you call a legit vet and where do they fit into the room?

Are you talking like Quez Watkins to play 20% of snaps and backup Wilson? Or are you talking Mike Williams and Wilson is getting benched?
1--Wilson as the #3 WR isn't getting "benched." You're trying to create some false narrative and appear to be a hardliner "Wilson MUST be the #2" poster. Bunk.

2--Definitely the latter, someone we can legit roll out there as a #2. I could go for a 2nd receiver in the draft, too, to fill that gap, under the circumstances I posted above.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

MHJ
Wilson
Dortch
Pascal
Moore

I am perfectly fine going into the season with that WR room...I will be ecstatic if we get Harrison and Rice.
I think they are both going to hit... but from a team perspective we dont need them both to hit big.
One of the biggest factors in team building is expected improvements from your young guys and unfortunately that includes an element of gambling.
Most around here hated on Rondale because of his injury history...but the kid played every game last season.
Regardless of who we draft , Boom Boom McBride is going to be the guy drawing coverage for the first few weeks of the season. Until someone else proves they deserve more respect from the defense.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea basically many have. There are plenty of posts on here thinking that Hollywood want worth the price people thought he was going to get on the open market and to let him walk. Much of those same posters early and often trash Rondale on the regular and wanted him gone. So it’s not really a falsehood.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Michael Wilson is a day 2 pick that had a good rookie year outside the 4 games he missed.

Hilarious. Yes, if you ignore the fact that he missed nearly a quarter of a season he was very good!

Wasn't everyone here clamouring for Dortch to play more? Well being the starting slot is what that looks like.

I'm pretty sure there's a middle ground between playing almost zero snaps per game (the first 10 weeks of the season) and the 80% he played in the last seven weeks due to injury. I don't think most people want or need to see Greg Dortch play 80% of downs on a good team.

Nico Collins is a bum apparently seeing as he missed 4 games in 2021, 7 games in 2022 and 2 games in 2023 due to injury. Thems the rules.

Tanking teams make strange roster decisions. Shocking.

Stout

Reaction score
So people haven't asked for MHJ? People haven't asked for Dortch to start? Because they have, that's the #1 and #3 right there.

It's seems to me all your issue is with Wilson and that if the starting lineup was MHJ and Dortch but with Mike Williams, Michael Gallup or Tyler Boyd at #2 you'd be ok.
Brit, you are all over the board with your takes. Dortch at #3 is a starter but Wilson at #3 is getting benched? Make up your mind.

Which poster is calling for Dortch to be a starting WR for the Cards this season? Name them, please. People want him on the roster and want him to contribute, not start. I sure in hell don't.

MHJ, legit #2, Wilson, Dortch, yes, that would be acceptable. I'd prefer more proven depth, but that would suffice.

You still haven't answered the original question. Would you be fine with MHJ, Wilson, and Dortch as our 1-3?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1--Wilson as the #3 WR isn't getting "benched." You're trying to create some false narrative and appear to be a hardliner "Wilson MUST be the #2" poster. Bunk.

2--Definitely the latter, someone we can legit roll out there as a #2. I could go for a 2nd receiver in the draft, too, to fill that gap, under the circumstances I posted above.

Wilson is a legit number 2, and he's an outside receiver, not a slot. I'm sure he could play some slot as he has the skillset but as we drop the 3rd WR a bunch for 2 TE then he's losing a lot of snaps.

There isn't anyone available I'm starting over Wilson. Gallup and Williams are cooked and injury magnets. Renfrow is a slot. Robinson, Thomas and OBJ and cooked. Boyd plays mostly slot. MVS has butter fingers.

Wilson is going to be good and this is going to be like Trey McBride all over again.

Shall we relegate Dortch to bit player again and sign Renfrow?

Stout

Reaction score
Yea basically many have. There are plenty of posts on here thinking that Hollywood want worth the price people thought he was going to get on the open market and to let him walk. Much of those same posters early and often trash Rondale on the regular and wanted him gone. So it’s not really a falsehood.
Awful take, Shane. This would be saying those same folks are all, "Derp, we're idiots because we only wanted to get rid of the dead wood, not add any good WRs."

This isn't the WR room we asked for. This is the clearout to make room for the legit NFL WRs we want. This isn't rocket science, and yes, Brit was flat out wrong. He knew it, you know it. We really want MHJ, Wilson, and Dortch as 1-3? Who has been asking for that?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the Texans had very high hopes for Collins since his rookie season. So I don't think they were surprised by his success this past season.

In fact Nick Caserio traded three mid round draft picks to move up and grab Collins. Collins was penciled in as the #3 WR at the start of his rookie season after a solid preseason. He was one of the few bright spots that Texan fans had to look forward to watching that season as the Texans were in complete rebuild mode that year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard