Future of Hollywood Brown as a Cardinal

What will happen with Hollywood Brown in free agency?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You all need to stop with the 10 million. It's not happening. Not with the giant cap increase. Here is CBS and Sportstrac. I had him at 3 years 45

3. Marquise Brown, Arizona Cardinals

Marquise Brown, a first-round pick back in the 2019 NFL Draft, should have a decent market as a speedster who has multiple years left on the right side of 30. Certainly the Cardinals like to keep him after not trading him at the deadline in 2023; plus he is one of quarterback Kyler Murray's closest friends in the league since the two were college teammates at Oklahoma.

Should he depart to another franchise, the Carolina Panthers and Chicago Bears both make sense. The Panthers have a clear need at receiver, and new head coach Dave Canales has shown the ability to create a solid attack after his revival of Baker Mayfield in Tampa Bay last season.

Brown also isn't a true WR1, but pairing him with DJ Moore on the Chicago Bears as a high-end second receiver makes a lot of sense. Plus, Chicago has money to burn with just under $67 million in cap space, per OverTheCap.com, and the allure of also likely adding 2022 Heisman Trophy winner in USC quarterback Caleb Williams with the first overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

You must be registered for see images attach

Marquise Brown
ARI • WR • #2
View Profile
Best team fits: Cardinals, Panthers, Bears

Spotrac's market value: Four-year, $59.5M contract ($14.9M AAV, No. 20 highest-paid WR in terms of AAV)

Age in 2024 season: 27 (turns 27 on Dec. 20)

I don't see him getting a multi year contract this season. But then again, One man's trash is another man's treasure. So I guess anything is possible. I still think a 1 year prove it deal would be best for him and whoever signs him.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Signing Hollywood Brown to a multi-year deal would be dumb, period, IMO. Just saddling us with another player we'll be desperate to be rid of halfway through year 1. It would be very Keim.
I completely disagree with everything you are saying here. Desperate to get rid of a $10WR deal? Come on.

It's clear you don't like Hollywood, but he has value.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a bargain price though. So without seeing the alternative, I say bring him back.
Exactly. Although I don't think he goes for 10M multiyear deal at all, so all of this will likely be moot.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Who freaking cares if it's a bargain price? A bargain price for a player I think stinks for us is, by definition, overpaying. My opinion is I'd rather someone else. Heck, draft two WRs, and I think it'll give us a better WR room. And be cheaper.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think some team will pay him more than the Cards will and he'll leave. The marketplace for WR free agents is pretty bare this year. However, the good news is that the draft is loaded with quality WRs. Cards will most likely get MHJ (or one of the top 3) and could get another good one in the 3rd or 4th round. Brown won't be missed, he was nothing special with the Cards.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather earmark 10M for a decent guard then spend it on Hollywood. If it's a choice between the two, I think it's an easy one.

It isn't a choice between the two. They have the Cap space to do both.

The Bottom line is that with the quality of this draft's receiver class, Hollywood better get a deal quickly.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It isn't a choice between the two. They have the Cap space to do both.
That's why I said "if". What if we spend big money on other positions in FA, and there is only enough room for one or the other?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who freaking cares if it's a bargain price? A bargain price for a player I think stinks for us is, by definition, overpaying. My opinion is I'd rather someone else. Heck, draft two WRs, and I think it'll give us a better WR room. And be cheaper.
Okay, I change my vote. Like Ronnie sang "say goodbye to Hollywood!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard