Future of Hollywood Brown as a Cardinal

What will happen with Hollywood Brown in free agency?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm in the minority. I think he'll sign about 3-4 year deal to stay in Arizona. I don't agree with it but that's what I think will happen. He'll get more guaranteed money, say 3 year 32 million dollar deal with about 24 mill guaranteed.

Now, where is the thread on Rondale Moore's future with the Cards :mrgreen:?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm in the minority. I think he'll sign about 3-4 year deal to stay in Arizona. I don't agree with it but that's what I think will happen. He'll get more guaranteed money, say 3 year 32 million dollar deal with about 24 mill guaranteed.

Dear gods, I hope not! Fire Monti if he does that.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I need a really good hometown discount.

Less guarantee money with the ability to walk away from Hollywood after one year with little to no cap implications then I’m in:)

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I need a really good hometown discount.

Less guarantee money with the ability to walk away from Hollywood after one year with little to no cap implications then I’m in:)
Ideally, yes. But, I think Chopper pointed out the Cards have like 3 guys under contract past 2025. Cap implications or getting out of a contract shouldn't be an issue.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm pretty much 50/50 on whether it's here or somewhere else (I ended up voting elsewhere), but I see a one year deal trying to prove himself.

We need a #2 for now, I don't think Michael Wilson is that guy just yet. There's not a lot out there at wide receiver, so while it's not exactly ideal, I feel like Monti just might look around, decline to kick the tires on Ridley, and offer Hollywood a one year deal knowing we might draft one or two WRs.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I think it's same to assume that he will take a 1-year deal - in AZ or elsewhere. Terrible year for him to become a FA.

I suspect he will command a huge deal, be unable to get it and a bit longer into Free Agency sign a 1- year deal. I have no problem with him re-signing for a one year security while the team improved.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN Free Agent Ranking. He is absolutely not taking a 1 year deal here.

You must be registered for see images attach

18. Marquise Brown, WR​

2023 team: Arizona Cardinals | Age in 2024 season: 27

Brown has the vertical speed to threaten defenses down the field, with separation quicks and easy acceleration after the catch. Given his slight frame (5-foot-9, 180 pounds), Brown isn't a contested-catch target. But he can create explosive plays and has 28 touchdown receptions on his career résumé. Ten of them came on throws of at least 20 air yards.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he isn't resigned by the start of Free Agency, he's gone. Cardinals won't bid for him on the open market IMHO.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ESPN Free Agent Ranking. He is absolutely not taking a 1 year deal here.

18. Marquise Brown, WR​

2023 team: Arizona Cardinals | Age in 2024 season: 27

Brown has the vertical speed to threaten defenses down the field, with separation quicks and easy acceleration after the catch. Given his slight frame (5-foot-9, 180 pounds), Brown isn't a contested-catch target. But he can create explosive plays and has 28 touchdown receptions on his career résumé. Ten of them came on throws of at least 20 air yards.

He'll take what's on offer or sit out.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10M a year, for his talent level in this WR market? I'd be happy with that deal.
Seruously! That is a great deal! If he can be gotten for that cheap, I love to see what he can do with MHJ in the field with him. I think you'd have to trade Moore away though, don't need 3 tiny WRs and Dortch returns kicks and can be the 5th guy.

MHJ
Hollywood
Micheal Wilson
FA/Pascal
Dortch

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You all need to stop with the 10 million. It's not happening. Not with the giant cap increase. Here is CBS and Sportstrac. I had him at 3 years 45

3. Marquise Brown, Arizona Cardinals

Marquise Brown, a first-round pick back in the 2019 NFL Draft, should have a decent market as a speedster who has multiple years left on the right side of 30. Certainly the Cardinals like to keep him after not trading him at the deadline in 2023; plus he is one of quarterback Kyler Murray's closest friends in the league since the two were college teammates at Oklahoma.

Should he depart to another franchise, the Carolina Panthers and Chicago Bears both make sense. The Panthers have a clear need at receiver, and new head coach Dave Canales has shown the ability to create a solid attack after his revival of Baker Mayfield in Tampa Bay last season.

Brown also isn't a true WR1, but pairing him with DJ Moore on the Chicago Bears as a high-end second receiver makes a lot of sense. Plus, Chicago has money to burn with just under $67 million in cap space, per OverTheCap.com, and the allure of also likely adding 2022 Heisman Trophy winner in USC quarterback Caleb Williams with the first overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Marquise Brown
ARI • WR • #2
View Profile
Best team fits: Cardinals, Panthers, Bears

Spotrac's market value: Four-year, $59.5M contract ($14.9M AAV, No. 20 highest-paid WR in terms of AAV)

Age in 2024 season: 27 (turns 27 on Dec. 20)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You all need to stop with the 10 million. It's not happening. Not with the giant cap increase. Here is CBS and Sportstrac. I had him at 3 years 45

3. Marquise Brown, Arizona Cardinals

Marquise Brown, a first-round pick back in the 2019 NFL Draft, should have a decent market as a speedster who has multiple years left on the right side of 30. Certainly the Cardinals like to keep him after not trading him at the deadline in 2023; plus he is one of quarterback Kyler Murray's closest friends in the league since the two were college teammates at Oklahoma.

Should he depart to another franchise, the Carolina Panthers and Chicago Bears both make sense. The Panthers have a clear need at receiver, and new head coach Dave Canales has shown the ability to create a solid attack after his revival of Baker Mayfield in Tampa Bay last season.

Brown also isn't a true WR1, but pairing him with DJ Moore on the Chicago Bears as a high-end second receiver makes a lot of sense. Plus, Chicago has money to burn with just under $67 million in cap space, per OverTheCap.com, and the allure of also likely adding 2022 Heisman Trophy winner in USC quarterback Caleb Williams with the first overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Marquise Brown
ARI • WR • #2
View Profile
Best team fits: Cardinals, Panthers, Bears

Spotrac's market value: Four-year, $59.5M contract ($14.9M AAV, No. 20 highest-paid WR in terms of AAV)

Age in 2024 season: 27 (turns 27 on Dec. 20)
It's absolutely not! But we'd be stupid to not sign go to that is it was an option.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was debating the point that Keim should be fired if he signed him for 10M. I think he should get a huge pat on the back.

Stout

Reaction score
I was debating the point that Keim should be fired if he signed him for 10M. I think he should get a huge pat on the back.
Signing Hollywood Brown to a multi-year deal would be dumb, period, IMO. Just saddling us with another player we'll be desperate to be rid of halfway through year 1. It would be very Keim.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he isn't resigned by the start of Free Agency, he's gone. Cardinals won't bid for him on the open market IMHO.

They already are. The FA window is a mirage. Agents already know who's interested and what price they will pay.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Signing Hollywood Brown to a multi-year deal would be dumb, period, IMO. Just saddling us with another player we'll be desperate to be rid of halfway through year 1. It would be very Keim.

I'd be ok with something like 1 year $10-12m and drafting MHJ because that would suggest they are going for it and Brown as a WR2 on that money would be a good deal.

MHJ, Brown, Wilson and McBride would be some offense, with Rondale and Dortch as depth.

But anything more than that I'm not interested.

Stout

Reaction score
I'd be ok with something like 1 year $10-12m and drafting MHJ because that would suggest they are going for it and Brown as a WR2 on that money would be a good deal.

MHJ, Brown, Wilson and McBride would be some offense, with Rondale and Dortch as depth.

But anything more than that I'm not interested.
That is the absolute most I'd be interested in as well. He just does very little for me. The WR room still wouldn't be complete for me, but it would be a heck of a lot better.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison