Freeney could play OLB for Az?

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I'm getting the feeling that Dwight Freeney might be more in play for the Cardinals then any of us realize. I read a report we are a "dark horse" for him and now unread today Denver hasn't been be aggressive about him. With Osi to ATL only NE makes sense to me. The coaches obviously know him here.

So my question is if he did sign here could he play OLB? Or just a pipe dream this late in his career?

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Technically anyone can play for the Cards, if we are a dark horse than we are a really really dark dark (Charlie Murphy darkness) horse. I have found a picture with a horse in it that is as dark as we are in this here horsey scenario.

Attachments

• dark.jpg
    dark.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 468

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be good with Freeney. Give him Rhodes money and consider the entire D upgraded.

He probably would only play in the nickel and dime packages but the pass rush ability would make a big difference.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Possibly Porter revisited but if Arians wants him that's good enough for me. BA coached him last year and reviewed on the game films, knows what he brings to the locker room etc.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His best days are well behind him. In his prime he was a monster best spin move of all time buy he can't hurt sure bring him in good locker room guy for the younger players

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am warming up to taking a pass rusher in the second round of the draft. Either Alex Okafor or Jaime Collins would fit the bill again unless ARZ is targeting Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan or Barkevious Mingo at #7.

I would have rather paid the $7M a year for Dumervil than pay Freeney $6M a year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the feeling that Dwight Freeney might be more in play for the Cardinals then any of us realize. I read a report we are a "dark horse" for him and now unread today Denver hasn't been be aggressive about him. With Osi to ATL only NE makes sense to me. The coaches obviously know him here.

So my question is if he did sign here could he play OLB? Or just a pipe dream this late in his career?

expecting much out of him is a pipe dream IMO at this stage of his career.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Were not going to pay anyone 6 million a year maybe Palmer if gee comes in its gonna be cheap and as one year deal

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO WAY! You dont sign guys like this unless you think its gonna get you over the top.

We are at complete bottom of the ******* hill so would make ZERO sense!

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NO WAY! You dont sign guys like this unless you think its gonna get you over the top.

We are at complete bottom of the ******* hill so would make ZERO sense!
I pretty much never say this but I agree completely with this Shaner post.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sense we would go after Freeney.. Our new coach said he wants to go young on defense.. That's why he got rid of our old players..

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He's not getting 6 mill/year anywhere. If he was offered that by any team, he would have signed on the spot. I don't really have an opinion one way or the other. I would be okay with it but am not expecting much if they do.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
MJ was saying this on air last week. He said he had been told if Freeny lingers on the market for a few weeks the Cards will make a play at him with a cheap 1 yr deal

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
freeney has been on the decline for a while. I would only bring him in as a vet minimum locker room guy and situational rusher.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
Freeney is one of the two big time possibilities I see them going after. The other one is someone nobody here likes and that's James Harrison. Both are aging and both will be getting smaller deals than what they think they deserve.

Just this morning news broke out that the Stealers (lol see what I did there?) have informed Harrison that they will be going a different direction. Just a month ago all they wanted was a 30% pay cut. Now he will be seeing much less. I hate him for his antics against the Cardinals during the Superbowl, but would take him in a heartbeat over what we've had rushing the passer the last couple years. Talent over emotions in my book.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Freeney is one of the two big time possibilities I see them going after. The other one is someone nobody here likes and that's James Harrison. Both are aging and both will be getting smaller deals than what they think they deserve.

Just this morning news broke out that the Stealers (lol see what I did there?) have informed Harrison that they will be going a different direction. Just a month ago all they wanted was a 30% pay cut. Now he will be seeing much less. I hate him for his antics against the Cardinals during the Superbowl, but would take him in a heartbeat over what we've had rushing the passer the last couple years. Talent over emotions in my book.

I'm with you. Prefer Harrison or Abraham as a designated pass rusher over, "I used to have the best spin move" - Freenay.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Freeney struggled last year as an OLB in the 3-4. I would pass unless it was just as a nickel DE.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard