Free Agency

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats usually the plan when the team makes it a priorities to have the guy signed within 24 hours of FA starting… to a two year deal, no less.
I'm with you. Not excited about this deal, but it isn't in the top 10 or top 20 concerns for me on this team really.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm really struggling to see what "the plan" is. Clearly there is very little energy to try and be competitive this year.

If we're terrible again this year, why would any FA's want to join us? The top rated facilities? The family friendly atmosphere? Overpaying FA's would seem to be the best route, but Kyler's cap hit goes up to over 50M, so where will the money be?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with you. Not excited about this deal, but it isn't in the top 10 or top 20 concerns for me on this team really.
People have to stop saying this as if every time someone criticizes a move it means they think it’s a huge disaster. This team functions by both disastrous moves AND death by a thousand paper cuts and every one of their decisions effect the other stupidity that follows.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People have to stop saying this as if every time someone criticizes a move it means they think it’s a huge disaster. This team functions by both disastrous moves AND death by a thousand paper cuts and every one of their decisions effect the other stupidity that follows.
Why? I already told you I wasn't a fan of this deal. Why would people stop posting their opinion?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm really struggling to see what "the plan" is. Clearly there is very little energy to try and be competitive this year.

If we're terrible again this year, why would any FA's want to join us? The top rated facilities? The family friendly atmosphere? Overpaying FA's would seem to be the best route, but Kyler's cap hit goes up to over 50M, so where will the money be?
No, NEXT YEAR, everything changes despite having a GM with a year of having a loser roster, a HC with a year of having a loser roster, a owner who continues the rich history of a loser franchise, loser system and loser stats and loser facilities. And a QB making 50mil.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Most years the Cards don't make a big splash in free agency. It just isn't our style.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? I already told you I wasn't a fan of this deal. Why would people stop posting their opinion?
Because you’re not posting your opinion. You’re projecting a STUPID opinion on someone else’s argument with comments like yours.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because you’re not posting your opinion. You’re projecting a STUPID opinion on someone else’s argument with comments like yours.
I'm projecting MY OPINION. My opinion is that the Cards punting situation (and this signing) is not even top 20 in my biggest concerns. I can list them for you and you can see how stupid my opinion is if you want?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, NEXT YEAR, everything changes despite having a GM with a year of having a loser roster, a HC with a year of having a loser roster, a owner who continues the rich history of a loser franchise, loser system and loser stats and loser facilities. And a QB making 50mil.
Sign me up

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
i'm just guessing that they want 3 off-ball linebackers for a 4-3 alignment at times.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Bringing in White is an easy way for the new staff to have someone on the team who knows the system...and is at least productive in it. It looks to be a straight 2 year deal that's not going to negatively impact them from continuing the rebuild next year. Beachum is a 2 year deal, but with a 1 year out. I'm guessing Prater is similar. Nothing is handcuffing the team from adding on.