Franchise took a big step back today

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a major issue--the OL. The bigger issue, no doubt about it. But who ever really has a clean pocket? It's living a pipe dream to think he'll have a clean pocket even half the time. He has to learn how to deal with it when he gets pressure off the edge, or up the middle--or both. Throw it away rather than run out of bounds for a 3-yard sack. Step up into the pocket when you get pressure off the edge. He's not THE problem right now, but having a very rough rookie QB is most certainly A problem.

Sure it is a problem... and we agree that the OL is a major issue. All facets of the offense need to play better.

Kyler has been everything from pretty poor to absolutely amazing. All in a 3 game span. We are fun to watch again. That is a remarkable turnaround from last year alone.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The issue isn't the panic itself to me, it is why the panic is there in the first place. You think he panics if he has a clean pocket? He got the yips after not trusting his offensive line. (again obviously just my opinion)

I'm just hoping that this issue overblown and we can talk about how we get beat by the Seahawks....

Oh wait, I'm sure it will all be about Murray again, just like all threads all these days. It like 2 degrees of Kyler Murray.

How is it not supposed to be 2 degrees of Kyler Murray when you added a losing college HC, moved a top ten pick QB, and did it all to make the shortest 1st round QB in NFL history with barely any experience your #1 overall pick?

Literally everything about this season is 100% on KK and Kyler. There is no bigger focus, and there's no more important point of success.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Sure it is a problem... and we agree that the OL is a major issue. All facets of the offense need to play better.

Kyler has been everything from pretty poor to absolutely amazing. All in a 3 game span. We are fun to watch again. That is a remarkable turnaround from last year alone.

So tired of this refrain. "Fun" while we're not winning means nothing to me, but to each their own, I guess.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Brought back memories of how nicely Lomax would drop the ball so softly into Roy Green's arms on the long throws. Only Green always seemed to have more separation. That's the thing I saw watching Murray last year. He can laser the ball on the shorter/midrange routes & drop it in softly on the longer ones. The Cardinals still need a #1 receiver. IMO, Kirk is a nice #2. A flat out stud #1 would make Murray's job much easier.
If Kirk caught that I’d be saying he’s a nice #2. But he didn’t. So to me he’s still just a guy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So tired of this refrain. "Fun" while we're not winning means nothing to me, but to each their own, I guess.

if in a year where we're coming off the worst season in franchise history, the ONLY way you're gonna have fun is by watching wins, then dude.. you might not want to watch any games this year.

This is a complete and utter rebuilding year. We had the worst team in the league. We had a terrible/old roster. This is a year dedicated to growing pains... which means there's gonna be some growing and a lot of pain. If you can't have ANY fun watching the growing part of it, you are just gonna be miserable the overwhelming majority of Sundays this fall.

NOTE: That is NOT me saying get lost. Just saying if you know you can't enjoy anything but wins in what is clearly a rebuilding year, why put yourself through the aggravation until we might be able to actually compete again.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Absolutely.

He’s got half of one in 3 games compared to 2 in what, 12 or 13 games? So virtual same rate!

He has zero comeback wins; no such thing as half a one. It was impressive, yes, yet incomplete. We'll see if he can match or exceed the two.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Im pretty sure garbage time is when teams play soft coverage trying to keep the clock running, players inbounds, and not giving up big plays so they can hold onto a large lead.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
And per the Lions head coach they didn't do those things..

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You mean the coach who screwed up didn't own that he screwed up? Crazy man.

It's not just the Lions coach. I believe it was PFF that said they ran a total of like 3 prevent plays the whole game and not a single one was in the 4th quarter.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Top QBs can't panic. His reaction is an issue, and is something he is going to have to correct. The NFL isn't always going to be easy, and if he can't calm himself in the storm, he is never going to be anything more than an over-drafted, league average QB.
Agreed. But really kinda silly to worry about that on game 3 of his rookie year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
the one quarter that matters the most.

Eh your inference that the fourth quarter “matters most” is a total fallacy. You can win or lose a game in any quarter. Or did I miss something and they started making the points count more in fourth quarter?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Wait, does the fourth quarter “matter most” or is it “garbage time”?!? You now have me confused.
If it confirms what he already believes... IT MATTERS!!!!!

KCB Baby!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Im pretty sure garbage time is when teams play soft coverage trying to keep the clock running, players inbounds, and not giving up big plays so they can hold onto a large lead.

No garbage time is when the game is out of reach. Never in my life have I heard anyone refer to a game that was eventually tied as “garbage time” . . . until now. And I hail from a sports crazy family and sport crazy friends in grade school, high school, college, law school, and post schooling everywhere I’ve lived. You’re literally the first I’ve ever seen claim that as “garbage time.” In fact I found it so odd I reached out to my law school buddies for their thoughts and they said that was patently ridiculous. These are diehard NFC East and Big 10 fans. Patently ridiculous. I’d agree with that. It’s statements like that, denigrating an incredibly impressive performance wrapping up an ugly start in his first pro game that makes it seem like you’ve got an axe to grind with kyler.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How is it not supposed to be 2 degrees of Kyler Murray when you added a losing college HC, moved a top ten pick QB, and did it all to make the shortest 1st round QB in NFL history with barely any experience your #1 overall pick?

Literally everything about this season is 100% on KK and Kyler. There is no bigger focus, and there's no more important point of success.
Eh at this juncture this team has nothing to do with Rosen. If you want to factor that in it should only come into play with talking about Keim. Rosen and the picks spent in him have zero to do with kyler and his performance now and going forward.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No garbage time is when the game is out of reach. Never in my life have I heard anyone refer to a game that was eventually tied as “garbage time” . . . until now. And I hail from a sports crazy family and sport crazy friends in grade school, high school, college, law school, and post schooling everywhere I’ve lived. You’re literally the first I’ve ever seen claim that as “garbage time.” In fact I found it so odd I reached out to my law school buddies for their thoughts and they said that was patently ridiculous. These are diehard NFC East and Big 10 fans. Patently ridiculous. I’d agree with that. It’s statements like that, denigrating an incredibly impressive performance wrapping up an ugly start in his first pro game that makes it seem like you’ve got an axe to grind with kyler.

I think @Chopper0080 would have had a debatable point had Kyler put up a bunch of fourth quarter yards while leading us to a mere field goal in the 4th to make it 24-9... or even if Kyler completely fell apart once we got it to 24-16... MAYBE if you really tried hard to see failure. But once you're in a 2 score game at 24-9 with 9 minutes left, that ain't garbage time. And being able to lead a last minute touchdown/2 point conversion tying drive with less than a minute on the clock is the definition of clutch. As if leading the team down for a score on the first possession of OT. Trying to minimize what Kyler accomplished in that quarter holds zero water, IMO.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How about “competitive” because that is a big change from last year. And that’s significant a year after being worst in the league.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right, they have. So you can now agree that his game isn't blemish-free at this time? Problem is that KM is polarizing, and some folks on here are posting as if KM's play isn't problematic. It's normal for a rookie, it's nothing to panic over, but yes, it is absolutely problematic. When a QB literally sacks himself out of panic, that is a problem.

Call it what you may. KM is not a polarizing figure. The most exciting player to wear a Cardinal uniform in many years. We have a handful of folks on this board that didn't get their way on draft day & now we have to listen to their nonsense. You have now been diagnosed with Murray Derangement Syndrome. There is no cure, because no matter what results we see, your mind was made up back in April.

My apology, by "ample time" I meant ample time to develop the skill.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Eh your inference that the fourth quarter “matters most” is a total fallacy. You can win or lose a game in any quarter. Or did I miss something and they started making the points count more in fourth quarter?
So why do football players hold up four fingers when the third quarter ends but do not do that for any other quarter?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Agreed. But really kinda silly to worry about that on game 3 of his rookie year.
Why wouldn't you worry about problems until you see they are no longer a problem? I think it is better to acknowledge an issue vs sticking my head in the sand and ignoring it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard