Reaction score
Patriots
Chiefs
Rams
49ers
Cowboys
Packers
Bills

All 3-0. Probably outside of the Bills, none of those teams or their coaching personnel are “boring”.
Cool.

I will remember that.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, we are about to see how mentally tough Kyler Murray is. Remember, throughout his entire football history, he has only lost a handful of games I believe. He is about to lose a bunch this year.

How he handles it will tell us quite a bit. Will be continue to improve or will be become deflated if the team continues to lose and his play declines?

I was at work, but had the game on and was able to catch glimpses at times. It seemed Murray collapsed right after the Sherfield drop. Then Carolina scores to go up 28-20 and Murray completely falls apart despite still being a one possession game.

This team desperately needs a win. If they don't get one in the next couple games, the mood on the team could be so dire that even matching the 3 wins from last year may be unlikely.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Well, we are about to see how mentally tough Kyler Murray is. Remember, throughout his entire football history, he has only lost a handful of games I believe. He is about to lose a bunch this year.

How he handles it will tell us quite a bit. Will be continue to improve or will be become deflated if the team continues to lose and his play declines?

I was at work, but had the game on and was able to catch glimpses at times. It seemed Murray collapsed right after the Sherfield drop. Then Carolina scores to go up 28-20 and Murray completely falls apart despite still being a one possession game.

This team desperately needs a win. If they don't get one in the next couple games, the mood on the team could be so dire that even matching the 3 wins from last year may be unlikely.
This was one of my biggest concerns about taking a kid with such past success in such a limited sample size. We just have no idea how he's going to take continued failure, whether he can inspire his teammates, how he evaluates his own performance and takes responsibility...

He might be fine, but honestly, I can't pick a game on this schedule I really feel confident we're going to win.

Maybe the Bengals? Maybe the Giants? But our defense isn't anywhere near as good as Buffalo's, and Daniel Jones looks to have that team playing with confidence suddenly.

But there's nothing out there where I feel any form of certainty.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
This was one of my biggest concerns about taking a kid with such past success in such a limited sample size. We just have no idea how he's going to take continued failure, whether he can inspire his teammates, how he evaluates his own performance and takes responsibility...

He might be fine, but honestly, I can't pick a game on this schedule I really feel confident we're going to win.

Maybe the Bengals? Maybe the Giants? But our defense isn't anywhere near as good as Buffalo's, and Daniel Jones looks to have that team playing with confidence suddenly.

But there's nothing out there where I feel any form of certainty.
My concern was physical toughness and injury, he ain’t hurt but falls down early and often - we really need a run game to protect the oline from never ending pass rush.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you are already the worst team in the NFL can you really take a big step back?
The negativity on this board is oxygen-draining.

We faced a team considered better than us albeit with an unsung backup QB. We were only a TD & change behind them at the end of the 3Q. Throughout the game, our defense was downright embarrassing. Offense was a mixed bag (penalties and shaky execution undermined drives). We're 0 - 2 - 1.

Live with it. Oh we can try to one-up each others with snarky comments about Keim. Or post "10 reasons why KK will fail. Or make gallows commentary about "why we're a worse franchise than Miami""

And none of this will win us one more game.

So what are we going to do? Have we given Kk, K1 or the offense enough time to settle in? Can we improve the defense with scheme modifications with the players we've got?

Here we are. We've got to live with what we've got. So what are we gonna do (other than whine tor point fingers)?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We faced a team considered better than us albeit with an unsung backup QB. We were only a TD & change behind them at the end of the 3Q. Throughout the game, our defense was downright embarrassing. Offense was a mixed bag (penalties and shaky execution undermined drives). We're 0 - 2 - 1.

Live with it. Oh we can try to one-up each others with snarky comments about Keim. Or post "10 reasons why KK will fail. Or make gallows commentary about "why we're a worse franchise than Miami""

So what are we going to do? Have we given Kk, K1 or the offense enough time to settle in? Can we improve the defense with scheme modifications with the players we've got?

Here we are. We've got to live with what we've got. So what are we gonna do (other than whine tor point fingers)?

I have a snarky comment or two in reserve but I will refrain in honor of this post. <---- Wait is this snarky?!?!?

J/K. Good post.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

That would be the product of the Cardinals and this organization.

This is not US politics. Blame goes to the top, not to the people who have to live with thier failures for not doing there jobs.

Do not get angry at the fans because millionaires cannot put a servicable proffessional football team together.

So what are we going to do? Have we given Kk, K1 or the offense enough time to settle in?

Ask Josh Rosen that question.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I have a snarky comment or two in reserve but I will refrain in honor of this post. <---- Wait is this snarky?!?!?

J/K. Good post.
Yes, very snarky, and funny

The comments do not have to be snarky. They can be simple.

Keim sucks, and is even worse sober.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

The problem is the overwhelming positivity so many had all off-season. It's hard not to want to be resentful and talk about the hugely disappointing product on the field when you got hit with months upon months of "you need to be positive or you're not a fan" talk. Many of us here not only dedicate time to this team, but hard-earned money as well, which makes it easy to be angry. When season tickets are 100% pre-purchased, I can't be surprised at the reaction of anyone who is seeing that they've already paid for six more games when the season is already over for all intents and purposes by week 3.

I'm certainly not calling you out personally, but it's so much easier to be detached and look forward to the positive notes when you're not paying to go to a game except on the rare occasions when they play near you.

It's even easier to be mad about this whole thing when you saw how much of a dumb decision it was well in advance. It's like taking a buddy to Vegas and having them put all of their money on roulette day 1 despite you telling them better, leaving you to babysit them while they sit around with zero cash.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There is no rookie justification of his stat line being what it was when the game was on the line. CONTEXT...5 drives, 15 plays, -12 yards, 3 punts, and 2 ints is unacceptable of any NFL QB, rookie or not.
You’re right. No QB ever had that bad of stats for a 5 drive period ever. Never. Ever. We should all be ashamed to accept it as something that occurs from time to time and for giving any thought to it being the kids third professional game. How could we ever think that was acceptable.

Next game I’m booing the first incompletion. I mean, he’s a QB. He’s supposed to complete passes. No more context!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
When was the last time a rookie qb, even number one overall, was told to start day one and won games like a 10 year vet and took his team to the playoffs as a rookie, Ill wait.

2012 - Robert Griffin III Started as a rookie and took the Redskins to the playoffs as a wild card team.

2012 - Andrew Luck started as a rookie and took the Colts to the playoffs. Actually did it his first three years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But its an exciting 173 yards, right?........right?

Ignoring the 69 yards rushing and multiple first downs as a result of those . . . cmon man you’re better than that.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Swearinger thing my concern is that Thompson isn't playing more makes me wonder how lost he is? he was the one who whiffed badly on the long TD run by CMC, I don't know if DJ was in on that play too but Thompson turned a 8 yard run into a 70 + TD run by missing that tackle.

I agree DJ has been very bad, I'm just concerned that Thompson not playing much means he's looked even worse.

Swearinger was in on that play as well but took himself out if it before Run CMC even crossed the line of scrimmage.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Many of us here not only dedicate time to this team, but hard-earned money as well, which makes it easy to be angry. When season tickets are 100% pre-purchased, I can't be surprised at the reaction of anyone who is seeing that they've already paid for six more games when the season is already over for all intents and purposes by week 3.
If you thought the team was contending that is 100% on you. I am puzzled that anyone expected anything other than a team in a transition year. I am actually surprised anyone is mad about anything so far. Don't get season tickets. Its really not that big of a deal, and you can still complain.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My bad, for some reason I had him in the playoffs his rookie year, but the fact of the matter is that he clearly wasn't the problem that year, and if we were losing games but getting his kind of performance, we'd feel different right now.

Edit: And regardless of Dak & Russ's improved talent across the roster, you can't take away that they did what they did.
Let’s see, kyler was miserable in the first part of his first nfl start but clawed back to a tie against a 2-0-1 team in his first start putting up 300 yards.

Kyler battled a playoff bound 2-1 team in his second start with 340 yards and not much support from any ground game.

Kyler put up a good half and turtled in the second half.

I’d say that’s right in course for a rookie with a team with terrible talent and a first year head coach.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s see, kyler was miserable in the first part of his first nfl start but clawed back to a tie against a 2-0-1 team in his first start putting up 300 yards.

Kyler battled a playoff bound 2-1 team in his second start with 340 yards and not much support from any ground game.

I’d say that’s right in course for a rookie with a team with terrible talent and a first year head coach.

All great HOF QBs are successful their rookie season. This is common knowledge.

:sarcasm:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The problem is the overwhelming positivity so many had all off-season. It's hard not to want to be resentful and talk about the hugely disappointing product on the field when you got hit with months upon months of "you need to be positive or you're not a fan" talk. Many of us here not only dedicate time to this team, but hard-earned money as well, which makes it easy to be angry. When season tickets are 100% pre-purchased, I can't be surprised at the reaction of anyone who is seeing that they've already paid for six more games when the season is already over for all intents and purposes by week 3.

I'm certainly not calling you out personally, but it's so much easier to be detached and look forward to the positive notes when you're not paying to go to a game except on the rare occasions when they play near you.

It's even easier to be mad about this whole thing when you saw how much of a dumb decision it was well in advance. It's like taking a buddy to Vegas and having them put all of their money on roulette day 1 despite you telling them better, leaving you to babysit them while they sit around with zero cash.
Then you’re kinda missing the point of going to the games.

Look, no one around here was a greater darksider than cheese and I back in the day. No one. I’m pretty sure we were reviled. Skorpp kinda just stomached us. But we always went to all the games when the cards were much more futile than they are now. And we always looked forward to it, even knowing how dreadful the outcome was likely to be. Our pop as well. We would be pissed coming outta the game but we’d talk about it for an hour ride home. It still provided us with (and still does to this day) a rallying point for the family, for good or bad. Our mom sends us her attempts at angry texts about the cards during the games while she’s with our pops and brother-who-shall-not-post at the stadium and we get a chuckle out of them. It took me years to learn that football is more than wins and losses. The more quickly you learn this, the better your life will be.

Note - while watching the game and yelling at the tv yesterday my 9 year old commented “you get so mad!” To which I replied, “just at individual plays. See, I’m calm and able to smile and discuss this with you, so it’s not ruining my day.” 20 years ago I couldn’t have said the same.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

What is kind of funny (besides the backtracking that went on when it was time to make season predictions,funny how a lot of excuses were offered up......rookie QB,rookie HC,new system...etc; funny how those same reasons got laughed off and largely ignored last season).Now that KM ha struggled somewhat and is realizing that this isn`t the Big 12 and these guys across the LOS are a hell of lot better than what he generally faced in college.KK is finding out that lesson also.KM has flashed some brilliant skills at times..other times he looks lost..it happens.The denying that KM is part of the problem yesterday is completely beyond rational thinking IMO.8 sacks and 2 INTs don`t win many games unless you are doing that to the opposition instead of getting it done to you.Not every sack was his fault but he is doing the very things we were told he would not do as QB.The bar was set high by taking KM as #1 pick so the expectations should be high also.I didn`t like the KM pick because I questioned his height,durabilty,how his game would translate to the NFL and I preferred Bosa or Quin Williams.That said KM is here and is the QB for the next several years barring injury.So here`s hoping he survives this season intact and makes good progress and helps the team to some victories.Then maybe whoever is GM next draft realizes its time to get serious about the OLINE and DLINE next draft and like someone posted earlier today..draft a LB also.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

As I said in another thread, I'm not yet to the point where the sky is falling, especially since I missed a good chunk of the game and don't particularly plan to spend a ton of time rewatching.

But there's a lot of people here who declared this couldn't possibly happen, and that Kyler would take the league by storm, especially on the back of knowing Kliff "offensive genius" Kingsbury's scheme.

Kyler has had some moments, but so far our hail mary plan has not netted results, and there's not a ton to look forward to.

Then you’re kinda missing the point of going to the games.

Look, no one around here was a greater darksider than cheese and I back in the day. No one. I’m pretty sure we were reviled. Skorpp kinda just stomached us. But we always went to all the games when the cards were much more futile than they are now. And we always looked forward to it, even knowing how dreadful the outcome was likely to be. Our pop as well. We would be pissed coming outta the game but we’d talk about it for an hour ride home. It still provided us with (and still does to this day) a rallying point for the family, for good or bad. Our mom sends us her attempts at angry texts about the cards during the games while she’s with our pops and brother-who-shall-not-post at the stadium and we get a chuckle out of them. It took me years to learn that football is more than wins and losses. The more quickly you learn this, the better your life will be.

Note - while watching the game and yelling at the tv yesterday my 9 year old commented “you get so mad!” To which I replied, “just at individual plays. See, I’m calm and able to smile and discuss this with you, so it’s not ruining my day.” 20 years ago I couldn’t have said the same.

I've eased up over the years - no longer is my weekend ruined by a loss, since I can look back at the other part of the weekend where I hooked up with the maid of honor (ha). But the entire point of this board is to come here and discuss, good or bad, because it's one of the few places for us to get these breakdowns or chances to vent - especially as someone who lives in Vegas and doesn't have any Cardinals follows friends out here.

If I could get some of this around the water cooler at the office, maybe I'd be less inclined to be negative in this instance.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not every sack was his fault but he is doing the very things we were told he would not do as QB.
Yep, that's the rub. Not only is he not the more athletic/game-smart version of Mike Vick that people kept insisting, we're watching guys like Gardner Minshew and Daniel Jones look more compelling, and it's very hard to make the argument that their offenses are dramatically better around them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As I said in another thread, I'm not yet to the point where the sky is falling, especially since I missed a good chunk of the game and don't particularly plan to spend a ton of time rewatching.

But there's a lot of people here who declared this couldn't possibly happen, and that Kyler would take the league by storm, especially on the back of knowing Kliff "offensive genius" Kingsbury's scheme.

Kyler has had some moments, but so far our hail mary plan has not netted results, and there's not a ton to look forward to.

I've eased up over the years - no longer is my weekend ruined by a loss, since I can look back at the other part of the weekend where I hooked up with the maid of honor (ha). But the entire point of this board is to come here and discuss, good or bad, because it's one of the few places for us to get these breakdowns or chances to vent - especially as someone who lives in Vegas and doesn't have any Cardinals follows friends out here.

If I could get some of this around the water cooler at the office, maybe I'd be less inclined to be negative in this instance.
Eh, I live Cali so I don’t have that outlet either. And venting is certainly fine. But what you’re describing is more trying to get back at posters for their opinions during the offseason than it is commenting on what’s going on today. I know this to be true because you can’t actually be disappointed in kylers performance because you bashed his selection all offseason, so you should’ve had the lowest expectations of anyone on the board. And it’s not like he’s been a dismal failure, so i suspect he’s got to have somewhat exceeded your expectations to date.

And call me when you’ve hooked up with the minister that officiated the wedding and had her take back your tux to the bride and groom at the brunch the next day . . .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard