Former Cardinals on Keim

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's pretty much every GM, on every team, in any sport. It's rare that a GM/Team just comes out and says, "Yeah, we don't want that starter back next year."

When it comes to Reddick and P2, do we know 100% that the Cards didn't even submit a cursory offer to their agents? I would think for Reddick, they absolutely had a number in mind and a plan B...For P2, it's quite possible that they knew they weren't going to ever bring him back, due to his baby antics before, during, and after his PED suspension.

Exactly. A lot of the time players overvalued themselves with their current team. They feel like they are owed something for doing their job, like their last contract wasn't compensation for that.

Then they hit FA and find out they should have taken what was on offer.

Keim isn't good, but not because what these players are saying.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it’s hilarious this board is like 95% SK sucks and the second former players call him out it’s like well there just biter

I’ve done a 180 on SK. He’s just flat out not good at handling a team
Personally I think it’s both. I think keim is likely not a leader. And I think football players are often spoiled divas.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That's pretty much every GM, on every team, in any sport. It's rare that a GM/Team just comes out and says, "Yeah, we don't want that starter back next year."

When it comes to Reddick and P2, do we know 100% that the Cards didn't even submit a cursory offer to their agents? I would think for Reddick, they absolutely had a number in mind and a plan B...For P2, it's quite possible that they knew they weren't going to ever bring him back, due to his baby antics before, during, and after his PED suspension.
No, but they tell the player's agent "here is what we are willing to pay" which is normally below the amount they want.

If you tell Reddick we want you back but can only pay 8 mil thinking he will get 11, and then tell him you can't swing it when the market is 6...that is just being a liar. That's not being professional.

If you don't want Peterson back, just tell him you think the run is over and that you are going a different direction. It's not so different than breaking up in a relationship.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Annoying on so many levels. I'm sick and tired of 8-figure-earning athletes complaining about "respect" and money.

Remember PP's rookie year? 4 punt return TDs? Remember what happened starting the following year? Started running straight for the sidelines, and for some reason they stuck with him as the punt returner until it was obvious that just about anyone else on the roster could do a better job, probably even the backup center.

Good riddance. Yeah, Keim has his issues. How PP was treated isn't one of them IMHO.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There are plenty of serious criticisms of Keim but none of them come from either of these two clowns. Letting PP and lil bitter Manlet go were both excellent decisions by Keim.

EDIT: now that I think about it more it sure sounds like PP feels like Keim gave JJ his money. I hope that’s the case because I’d rather pay someone with a history of being a leader than someone who has never been a leader in his entire career.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There are plenty of serious criticisms of Keim but none of them come from either of these two clowns. Letting PP and lil bitter Manlet go were both excellent decisions by Keim.

EDIT: now that I think about it more it sure sounds like PP feels like Keim gave JJ his money. I hope that’s the case because I’d rather pay someone with a history of being a leader than someone who has never been a leader in his entire career.
What's dumb about that comment is maybe the Cardinals were thinking about resigning Peterson and the money earmarked for him went to Watt. I'd rather have Watt.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Can’t stand Keim (should’ve been fired after his DUI). However, after @P2 was suspended for PED’s he immediately Edit: salary covert to bonus then asked to be traded. He also lost a step. P2 also hasn’t been straight up with fans on his PED use by glossing over it in interviews.

Last edited:

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have never been fired or told my service was no longer needed but I have seen people who have. Not once have I ever heard someone say something great about their boss who fired them or was told you’re no longer wanted. ‍

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never been fired or told my service was no longer needed but I have seen people who have. Not once have I ever heard someone say something great about their boss who fired them or was told you’re no longer wanted. ‍

yup.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’ve actually heard it second hand that some of our former employees have spoken pretty glowingly about us. We are always straight with folks we let go. And we always try to help them improve, understand why they are being let go, and help them land in their feet. My industry has a lot of people that know each other so these words usually get back to us. Are all of them positive? No. But a large percentage have been. If you do things right people don’t have to hate you or bad mouth you.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Annoying on so many levels. I'm sick and tired of 8-figure-earning athletes complaining about "respect" and money.

Remember PP's rookie year? 4 punt return TDs? Remember what happened starting the following year? Started running straight for the sidelines, and for some reason they stuck with him as the punt returner until it was obvious that just about anyone else on the roster could do a better job, probably even the backup center.

Good riddance. Yeah, Keim has his issues. How PP was treated isn't one of them IMHO.
Clown move by Keim but that is his MO. I don't know how folks can read this and not understand why Peterson has an issue and it isn't because he is no longer in AZ.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Clown move by Keim but that is his MO. I don't know how folks can read this and not understand why Peterson has an issue and it isn't because he is no longer in AZ.
They didn't sign him because they didn't want him back. How is that a clown move? Peterson has proven he's the clown by running his mouth.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
They didn't sign him because they didn't want him back. How is that a clown move? Peterson has proven he's the clown by running his mouth.
Did you not read the article? This is why players are bitter and say they don't trust Keim and they aren't wrong. Keim was correct in letting Peterson walk, but this isn't how you treat players.

“This is why I’m so kinda upset: Going through the whole (free agency process) … we have our end-of-the-year talk,” Peterson explained. “‘Yeah, P, we going to do everything we can to get you back. Blah, blah, blah, blah.’ All bull(expletive).

“And obviously February rolls around, March rolls around, (Keim is) telling me, ‘We got to wait until the new salary cap number comes out,’ this, that and the other. Mind you, they signed J.J. Watt two weeks before free agency started.”

Peterson said that around March, before going on a family vacation to the Bahamas, he tried to connect with Keim to talk about his future with Arizona, where he wanted to stay.

That initiation was met by silence, the eight-time Pro Bowler said.

It wasn’t until Peterson had already gotten the message and moved on that the Cardinals general manager reached out, the cornerback added.

“I sign with my new team, Minnesota, guess who call and text me,” Peterson said. “You thought I picked it up?

“For him to do that, yo, I lost all respect for him, man.”

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did you not read the article? This is why players are bitter and say they don't trust Keim and they aren't wrong. Keim was correct in letting Peterson walk, but this isn't how you treat players.

“This is why I’m so kinda upset: Going through the whole (free agency process) … we have our end-of-the-year talk,” Peterson explained. “‘Yeah, P, we going to do everything we can to get you back. Blah, blah, blah, blah.’ All bull(expletive).

“And obviously February rolls around, March rolls around, (Keim is) telling me, ‘We got to wait until the new salary cap number comes out,’ this, that and the other. Mind you, they signed J.J. Watt two weeks before free agency started.”

Peterson said that around March, before going on a family vacation to the Bahamas, he tried to connect with Keim to talk about his future with Arizona, where he wanted to stay.

That initiation was met by silence, the eight-time Pro Bowler said.

It wasn’t until Peterson had already gotten the message and moved on that the Cardinals general manager reached out, the cornerback added.

“I sign with my new team, Minnesota, guess who call and text me,” Peterson said. “You thought I picked it up?

“For him to do that, yo, I lost all respect for him, man.”
They didn't want him back, it's pretty obvious. And since Peterson knows Keim won't comment on the matter to the press it leaves only his side of the story. The one doing the poor mouthing is the one responsible 99.9% of the time. Peterson has proven over the past 2 years that he can't be trusted to tell the truth and he is just looking for others to commiserate with him. He is going to crash and burn in Minnesota if he plays like he did in Arizona the past 2 years.

Reaction score

I've been at the same job for over 34 years. I've seen quite a few come & go. I've been the boss for the last 17 years & I've had to let a few go. Each one has told me I was the best boss they've had. I'm still friends with a few. I've always been straight with my guys though. Had tears with one or two. I'm sorta like Norm when it comes to firing lol.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
They didn't want him back, it's pretty obvious. And since Peterson knows Keim won't comment on the matter to the press it leaves only his side of the story. The one doing the poor mouthing is the one responsible 99.9% of the time. Peterson has proven over the past 2 years that he can't be trusted to tell the truth and he is just looking for others to commiserate with him. He is going to crash and burn in Minnesota if he plays like he did in Arizona the past 2 years.
Because Steve Keim is the pillar of virtue and ethical behavior. Ok. Keep drinking the kool-aid.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I've been at the same job for over 34 years. I've seen quite a few come & go. I've been the boss for the last 17 years & I've had to let a few go. Each one has told me I was the best boss they've had. I'm still friends with a few. I've always been straight with my guys though. Had tears with one or two. I'm sorta like Norm when it comes to firing lol.
Yeah. There is a way to deliver bad news to grown professionals that treats them like a professional. They are generally not happy about it, but they respect that you were honest and let them know where they stand.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is an entire set of websites online that track former employees opinions of a company so you can determine if where you want to work is a good company. Glassdoor rates over 600,000 companies.

Any company is acutely aware of their reputation in the human capital marketplace and actively works to improve it lest you are at a recruiting deficit in comparison to your competition.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose