Former Cardinals on Keim

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many of you will be very disappointed when the Cardinals make the playoffs this year and you’re forced to root for a Keim/Kliff team for a few more years.

if it's an eek into the playoffs only to get crushed in the first round, that will blow.

Reaction score
I just don't see Kliff winning a playoff game. He's so bad in the when the game is on the line in the regular season and playoff games are just one big "everything is on the line".

I don't fancy his chances.

I don't fancy your non fancy.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Many of you will be very disappointed when the Cardinals make the playoffs this year and you’re forced to root for a Keim/Kliff team for a few more years.
Always happy to root for Cardinals. With or without Keim.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Never said that. Keim did it and paid for it. PP is a liar. I don't believe a word he says. I can do without either of them.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Did you not read the article? This is why players are bitter and say they don't trust Keim and they aren't wrong. Keim was correct in letting Peterson walk, but this isn't how you treat players.

“This is why I’m so kinda upset: Going through the whole (free agency process) … we have our end-of-the-year talk,” Peterson explained. “‘Yeah, P, we going to do everything we can to get you back. Blah, blah, blah, blah.’ All bull(expletive).

“And obviously February rolls around, March rolls around, (Keim is) telling me, ‘We got to wait until the new salary cap number comes out,’ this, that and the other. Mind you, they signed J.J. Watt two weeks before free agency started.”

Peterson said that around March, before going on a family vacation to the Bahamas, he tried to connect with Keim to talk about his future with Arizona, where he wanted to stay.

That initiation was met by silence, the eight-time Pro Bowler said.

It wasn’t until Peterson had already gotten the message and moved on that the Cardinals general manager reached out, the cornerback added.

“I sign with my new team, Minnesota, guess who call and text me,” Peterson said. “You thought I picked it up?

“For him to do that, yo, I lost all respect for him, man.”
So keim kept him on the hook for a while to keep his options open. Big deal... are these guys supposed to be treated better than average joe worksforaliving? Keim kept him on the hook because there was a scenario where we needed him back... so he said nice things to try and keep pat happy and waiting
It’s happened to me. Yeah it sucks. But it’s business.... keim was looking out for the needs of his team... doing his job.... for once

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Never said that. Keim did it and paid for it. PP is a liar. I don't believe a word he says. I can do without either of them.

PP paid for it too, no? Loss of reputation, game checks, likely didn't get extended etc. So why grudge on only the player?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So keim kept him on the hook for a while to keep his options open. Big deal... are these guys supposed to be treated better than average joe worksforaliving? Keim kept him on the hook because there was a scenario where we needed him back... so he said nice things to try and keep pat happy and waiting
It’s happened to me. Yeah it sucks. But it’s business.... keim was looking out for the needs of his team... doing his job.... for once

Do you trust the person who treated you like that? Similarly, P2 is saying that he doesn't trust Keim. That is all there is to it.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what does it matter how much money he makes? When guys say that the first thing I think is oh they must be broke. Guys who are doing well in life don’t point out what other people are making. But there millionaires so there not human right.

we are talking about Peterson

how’s he taken care of him? By being an all pro 8x, 3x all NFL and being voted to the all decade team.

how many ex players are coming out trashing Ozzie Newsome?

there is a way to do business and like it or not the Cardinals front office doesn’t have a good reputation
Lots of winks and nod, but very few specifics as to why the Cardinals FO reputation isn't better.