ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
When I was a young professor, I used to look at the student reviews of my class when they did the semester survey they handed out to the students to review your class. My general overview was that the students liked me a lot and my fellow professors spoke highly of me but the comments would usually be jaded. Now, students did not have to write anything on the evaluations but simply check the multiple choice survey, and the comment section was usually only a few. My overall multiple choice review was excellent but the comments would often be a circus of criticism. I then asked my fellow professors with experience and tenure what their comments were like and they said they would not know because they hardly read the comments section. Why? Because only the people with issues usually choose to get vocal when given a chance and the happy people which outnumber those are content and see the comment section just a place for one to complain. This is my feel when athletes speak out about management after the fact

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If players love their GM he's not doing his job. At best they should be ambivalent towards him.

It's not the "one big happy family" the NFL would have you believe, like any business. It's the same old corporate BS every company tries to sell when in truth they all want you to work as hard as possible for as little money as possible. The NFL is no different.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

My thing is why would Keim be straight up? I would do the same thing. If I told him in January that we were moving on but then changed my mind in March, now I've put myself in a predicament.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I 100% get the problems with players and the organization now. This clicks and makes sense. Crazy that he would hire Arians who is the exact opposite.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m not here to defend all aspects of the Keim tenure, but Peterson, especially in the last few years, has come off more like a spoiled child. We’ll see if Minn. is right that his skills have not deteriorated. My impression is he’s still good, but not great. He whines to the officials and tries to cover his shortcomings by carefully orchestrated pass interference. He often complained the Cards weren’t accommodating him, but how often did he accommodate them? He couldn’t decide if he wanted in or out despite his frequent “Cardinal for Life” assertions. I’ll be curious to see how PP plays in week 2 with maximum motivation. I’m expecting a potential record number of pass interference calls and a bunch of officials who’ve had enough of PP.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My thing is why would Keim be straight up? I would do the same thing. If I told him in January that we were moving on but then changed my mind in March, now I've put myself in a predicament.

you’ve never been in charge of men huh

you take care of the guys that have taken care of you. You owe it to certain guys to be straight up and have honest conversations even the hard ones. If start with the double talk and the BS your going to get that reputation as being someone they can’t trust and have no faith in.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it’s hilarious this board is like 95% SK sucks and the second former players call him out it’s like well there just biter

I’ve done a 180 on SK. He’s just flat out not good at handling a team

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not here to defend all aspects of the Keim tenure, but Peterson, especially in the last few years, has come off more like a spoiled child. We’ll see if Minn. is right that his skills have not deteriorated. My impression is he’s still good, but not great. He whines to the officials and tries to cover his shortcomings by carefully orchestrated pass interference. He often complained the Cards weren’t accommodating him, but how often did he accommodate them? He couldn’t decide if he wanted in or out despite his frequent “Cardinal for Life” assertions. I’ll be curious to see how PP plays in week 2 with maximum motivation. I’m expecting a potential record number of pass interference calls and a bunch of officials who’ve had enough of PP.

He knows his skills have deteriorated or he wouldn't have been taking PED's and masking agents.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you’ve never been in charge of men huh

you take care of the guys that have taken care of you. You owe it to certain guys to be straight up and have honest conversations even the hard ones. If start with the double talk and the BS your going to get that reputation as being someone they can’t trust and have no faith in.

How have they taken care of Keim? These are guys getting paid top money for doing their job. It's not like they are working overtime and weekends for free or doing 80 hour weeks to help launch a business.

When he's had to he's looked after players, especially rookies coming to the end of their deals. He did right by Badger (he's a **** for joining in this pile on), he paid DJ. He paid Hump. He paid Hopkins.

The guys complaining are older guys on 2nd or 3rd deals that didn't get what they wanted and spat their dummy out.

Remember, we asked Badger to take a modest pay cut because his performances were not up to scratch and we had Budda coming through. He wouldn't then took much less on a 1 year deal with the Texans in FA. P2 could only get $8m for 1 year in Minny. These guys are just bitter.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
My love for the guy waned severely when he demanded a part of his base pay be converted into a bonus when he knew a suspension was looming. He let the team down and then cried like a petulant child when the team made him face the consequences of his actions.

I imagine that when Keim is talking about injecting leadership into the locker room, Peterson is one of the people that failed as a leader. Low key, I think that Fitzgerald being a more quiet leader might have been a problem as well. Add in the fact that Murray is kind of the same way and the team really need vocal leaders in the locker room. Apparently Kelvin Beachum is this way based on what players have said.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How have they taken care of Keim? These are guys getting paid top money for doing their job. It's not like they are working overtime and weekends for free or doing 80 hour weeks to help launch a business.

When he's had to he's looked after players, especially rookies coming to the end of their deals. He did right by Badger (he's a **** for joining in this pile on), he paid DJ. He paid Hump. He paid Hopkins.

The guys complaining are older guys on 2nd or 3rd deals that didn't get what they wanted and spat their dummy out.

Remember, we asked Badger to take a modest pay cut because his performances were not up to scratch and we had Budda coming through. He wouldn't then took much less on a 1 year deal with the Texans in FA. P2 could only get $8m for 1 year in Minny. These guys are just bitter.

what does it matter how much money he makes? When guys say that the first thing I think is oh they must be broke. Guys who are doing well in life don’t point out what other people are making. But there millionaires so there not human right.

we are talking about Peterson

how’s he taken care of him? By being an all pro 8x, 3x all NFL and being voted to the all decade team.

how many ex players are coming out trashing Ozzie Newsome?

there is a way to do business and like it or not the Cardinals front office doesn’t have a good reputation

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
IMO, the problem is the lack of honesty. The "we want to bring you back" statement when the truth is you feel like it is time for them to go.

Players understand this is a business. They do get it, I promise you. They recognize the teams may not view them the same way they view themselves. Where it gets messy is when that is not communicated to players.

Look at Haason Reddick. Keim talked about how proud he was of his development. Keim talked about how they wanted him back at the right price. And then Reddick signs in Carolina for like 6 mil. That doesn't add up.

Same convo with Patrick Peterson.

Make the offer you are willing to make and stick to it. If there is not a number, you can tell guys that for the Cardinals, you feel like the time is done. Between the money and the fit, it is tough to see it working out and you wish them the best. That is all they want.

Keim is again trying to be the smartest guy in the room and playing both sides instead of just giving these veteran players the respect they deserve and just being honest with them.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Keim sucks, Peterson has been washed up for years now

There, we all win
And the point being is that all Keim had to do was tell Peterson that a return wasn't an option or that his budget is 4 mil and he assumes Patrick wants more. Lots of ways to let Peterson go without claiming he wanted him back when he clearly didn't and shouldn't have.

Arians is great at it and players really like him for it.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
IMO, the problem is the lack of honesty. The "we want to bring you back" statement when the truth is you feel like it is time for them to go.

Players understand this is a business. They do get it, I promise you. They recognize the teams may not view them the same way they view themselves. Where it gets messy is when that is not communicated to players.

Look at Haason Reddick. Keim talked about how proud he was of his development. Keim talked about how they wanted him back at the right price. And then Reddick signs in Carolina for like 6 mil. That doesn't add up.

Same convo with Patrick Peterson.

Make the offer you are willing to make and stick to it. If there is not a number, you can tell guys that for the Cardinals, you feel like the time is done. Between the money and the fit, it is tough to see it working out and you wish them the best. That is all they want.

Keim is again trying to be the smartest guy in the room and playing both sides instead of just giving these veteran players the respect they deserve and just being honest with them.

That's pretty much every GM, on every team, in any sport. It's rare that a GM/Team just comes out and says, "Yeah, we don't want that starter back next year."

When it comes to Reddick and P2, do we know 100% that the Cards didn't even submit a cursory offer to their agents? I would think for Reddick, they absolutely had a number in mind and a plan B...For P2, it's quite possible that they knew they weren't going to ever bring him back, due to his baby antics before, during, and after his PED suspension.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose