Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 24 Spin-Off Direct to DVD?

Source: Video Business

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Joel Surnow, the creator of 24, and Fox Home Entertainment are in talks to create a direct-to-DVD spin-off of the real-time series, which has become one of the studio's top DVD sellers.

Surnow said they are tossing around ideas about a spin-off that would be done with an all-new cast and take place in real time, as does the TV series. "The series might touch on such things as a hostage crisis, heist or other dramatic situation that could be told in a real-time setting."

Surnow said he and Fox are considering doing an 8-hour series with different episodes similar to how a TV show runs. The direct-to-DVD series would be in production during the run of the TV show and build off the 24.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I like this idea. You'd have to rent them to see if you'd even want to buy it or not - just seems like a waste of money on the companies end. I don't know, perhaps I'm missing something.

Shawn

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing
I'm not sure I like this idea. You'd have to rent them to see if you'd even want to buy it or not - just seems like a waste of money on the companies end. I don't know, perhaps I'm missing something.

Shawn

Yeah, you're missing money in your HSX Portfolio...

:)

Mike

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Hey, Whitey...it's nice up here (above H$50 milion)...come on up! :thumbup:

I'm actually having a bad H$day.

Down over H$368,000...all the way down to H$66.7 million...it's rough. :D

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing

Shawn

What they're counting on is people buying rather than renting. Many people run out every Tuesday and buy every new dvd they want and grab some older ones too while they're at it. You know, people like Chap. :thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn