Flying Camera

Taco

Veteran
Reaction score
What do you think of the "Flying Camera" that is used during live play.
To me it's hard to follow the game using that camera.

I think it would be ok to use during a Replay but not during live play

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not a fan for the same reasons as you. I would love to see the different angles in replays etc but during the game just stick with the regular view.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score

i agree with you

Nash Attack

Reaction score
The flying camera is crap. I've written ABC/ESPN numerous times and they never answer me. It is ok for action on the half of the court closest to the camera, but you can't tell what the heck is going on on the other half of the court.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I've never heard of ANYONE liking it. Why the networks insist on keeping and using it is beyond me. The feedback they get on it must be terrible.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it. In short quanity.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone I know hates it, except me (and apparently DCR). :) I don't mind it TOO much, but after a bit it gets old.

HooverDam

Reaction score

Seconded. When they switch to it, my friends and I start screaming at the tv. I usually yell stupid stuff like "Alright Francis Ford Coppola, enough with the fancy crap!" Or some other film directors name. I hate it very much

Nash Attack

Reaction score
Seconded. When they switch to it, my friends and I start screaming at the tv. I usually yell stupid stuff like "Alright Francis Ford Coppola, enough with the fancy crap!" Or some other film directors name. I hate it very much
I start cussing at the TV because its usually during an intense part of the game, and now, I can't tell what the heck is going on.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to throw my remote through the TV when they go to the sideline reporter/bimbo for some human interest story or "insider info" and thus minimize the game to a little box.

HooverDam

Reaction score
what if the flying camera suddenly drops and kills a referee, fan or player?

Is this a legitimate question or a silly question? Its very secure, there is no way this can happen, they wouldn't allow the liability. Its not dangerous, just annoying.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is the same camera system that they use in the NFL, and everyone seems to love that one for whatever reason, but hate it in the NBA.

It would be nicer if it were a baseline view, rather than a sideline.

HooverDam

Reaction score
It is the same camera system that they use in the NFL, and everyone seems to love that one for whatever reason, but hate it in the NBA.

It would be nicer if it were a baseline view, rather than a sideline.

Its because basketball moves up and down the court a lot quicker than football moves. Seeing things from above in football is great, its like watching an animation of X's and Os run the play, in basketball, especially since its at sort of quarter angle, its just nauseating and confusing to look at.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate it, it makes the first 5 mins unwatchable as I feel sick from it moving and it does not catch the great angles. Thankfully they throw it away after that.

Hugh D'Man

Veteran
Reaction score
I like watching the flying camera itself.....The mechanism used is a marvelous, simplistic feat of engineering. But please, only show us the flying footage on replays.

jpjapes

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on both sides... I like the camera but ABC/ESPN is way too liberal with it. Especially when they show an entire possession 20-24ish seconds its sort of nauseating. I think they should use it in transitions like when a PG is bringing the ball upcourt, then switch back to normal view.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to throw my remote through the TV when they go to the sideline reporter/bimbo for some human interest story or "insider info" and thus minimize the game to a little box.
:stupid:

I DESPISE when they shrink down the playing to that little box. I have a hard enough time following the action as it is.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingman