Fleming

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been probably over a year since I've started a thread. I remember arguing over Troy Hambrick and James Hodgins, and posting voraciously and suddenly shying away from posting when we actually started to become a reasonable team. Anyway, I've continued to watch every game and am wondering what people think about Fleming. His play in the first half on the back shoulder fade on the third down was unreal, I can maybe name 3 rookie corners I've ever seen make that play intentionally. He was also excellent in run support. I want to hear peoples opinions on him because I'm excited about the dude.

Fantastic win today and I will be posting more, going back to lurking hasn't been the best. It's sweet to see most of you guys are still on the board.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to have you back. I love Fleming and how he has looked.

FYI: You still need a name change! :)

OP
OP
BigDavis75

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Good to have you back. I love Fleming and how he has looked.

FYI: You still need a name change! :)

Even when LD was with us, that was still the case :D

Maybe BatisteChipBlock or Horton Don't Leave 1111.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Flemming and Massie both look like they belong so far... slow going for Floyd, but I still think if we are patient he will pay long-term dividends.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think if we did not have Roberts and Doucet making it possible for Whis to ease Floyd in, we would be seeing a lot more of him right now. Hey, we have won 9 out of our last 11 games, no need for Whis to feel he should change his approach with Floyd at this moment in my opinion.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fleming is a solid, solid player. Had a great breakup early, then never got called (meaning didn't make a mistake).

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think if we did not have Roberts and Doucet making it possible for Whis to ease Floyd in, we would be seeing a lot more of him right now. Hey, we have won 9 out of our last 11 games, no need for Whis to feel he should change his approach with Floyd at this moment in my opinion.
huh? This thread is about Fleming not Floyd

I'm very happy with Fleming so far. Honestly, I think we got so much talent in this draft it's just unreal. Floyd is coming along slower than I would like, but if he sticks around Fitz long enough, he'll get there. He's built for it, as long as he keeps his nose to the grindstone, he'll get there. Fleming, as a 3rd rd pick, already flying up the depth charts, has impressed the hell out of me. Massie as a 4th, starting (and playing well) at RT is also impressive. This team is being built to last. And I LOVE it

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been probably over a year since I've started a thread. I remember arguing over Troy Hambrick and James Hodgins, and posting voraciously and suddenly shying away from posting when we actually started to become a reasonable team. Anyway, I've continued to watch every game and am wondering what people think about Fleming. His play in the first half on the back shoulder fade on the third down was unreal, I can maybe name 3 rookie corners I've ever seen make that play intentionally. He was also excellent in run support. I want to hear peoples opinions on him because I'm excited about the dude.

Fantastic win today and I will be posting more, going back to lurking hasn't been the best. It's sweet to see most of you guys are still on the board.

LMAO HAMBRICK!!! blast from the past.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Fleming came up and made a strong hit at the line of scrimmage on a run play in the first quarter. Not the usual CB dive at the feet tackle on a sweep either. It's been a while since I've seen a Cardinal CB willing to mix it up with the big boys like that.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I see some Ike Taylor in Flemming which is a very good thing. Love our secondary depth so far, and I can't wait until Toler gets healthy and Bethel gets more experience.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While we're on the topic of Fleming, does anyone have an update on Toler's status? Is he even getting on the field yet? I love Flemings' overall game. He can cover AND provide run support. Unbelievable value for a 3rd round pick.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
William Gay has also looked good thus far, also very physical and doesn't mind coming up and helping the run game. Also deflected a pass on a third down that would have been a first down to Welker. The announcers were saying that Welker just missed it, but if you look closely Gay barely tipped it right before it got to Welker.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
William Gay has also looked good thus far, also very physical and doesn't mind coming up and helping the run game. Also deflected a pass on a third down that would have been a first down to Welker. The announcers were saying that Welker just missed it, but if you look closely Gay barely tipped it right before it got to Welker.

Gay has played very well

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard