Fire Robert Sarver

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Eight straight years of continued and progressively more ignominious results for this team - through literally dozens of different front office and coaching personnel. What has been the single common denominator?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Eight straight years of continued and progressively more ignominious results for this team - through literally dozens of different front office and coaching personnel. What has been the single common denominator?
The fools like us that keep sponsering the madness? ;)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He should be forced to do the Cersei Lannister Walk Of Shame through downtown up to the stadium... all with that ******* foam finger shoved up his ass.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I do. And I want to fly in to throw feces at him same way he's been throwing it back at all us for years.
You realize how much uglier he is than Cersei Lannister? OMG! My eyes! You cannot dig that out once you've seen that! Sarver naked? YUCK! :eek:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You realize how much uglier he is than Cersei Lannister? OMG! My eyes! You cannot dig that out once you've seen that! Sarver naked? YUCK! :eek:

fine. one foam finger up his ass, one as a ****-block. better?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I didn't hear it but I've been told that Al McCoy was the most frustrated he's ever been on air tonight. That would be the final piece of the puzzle for Sarver to totally dismantle the Suns if he alienates Al McCoy.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I didn't hear it but I've been told that Al McCoy was the most frustrated he's ever been on air tonight. That would be the final piece of the puzzle for Sarver to totally dismantle the Suns if he alienates Al McCoy.
Tom Chambers was pissed after the last game.

Looks like even the guys who are getting paid to watch and cover this team are becoming annoyed.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I RECEIVED A HAND-WRITTEN REPLY . . .

. . . from my letter to Jerry Colangelo about our dissatisfaction with Robert Sarver.

"I am in receipt of your letter. I appreciate your passion for the Suns. I certainly understand your angst. Let's continue to hope for the best.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year."

Well, there you have it! He understands our angst and let's continue to hope for the best. No hope for our Christmas stockings this year. :rolleyes:

So I'll pass along to each of my ASFN buddies Jerry's wishes for a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

You must be registered for see images attach
This is awesome, I’m so happy you got a reply.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sarver isn't as cheap as people accuse him of being, I think he wants to win and if he saw a path towards success he'd pay for it. Unfortunately, he's worse than cheap, he's meddling and stupid and unable to learn from his mistakes.

He can't see the forest through the trees. He's impatient, shortsighted, a pound wise, penny foolish owner who won't hire experienced basketball people because experienced people can see through him.

And I don't see an easy fix. Barring Sarver having a "me too" moment or saying something racist, the league isn't going to step in. If the fans get nasty enough with him I fear he will, out of spite, sell to someone who will move the team.

Our only current hope is that James Jones is, somehow, a brilliant GM... despite every ounce of logic telling me he is woefully unprepared and only in the position because Sarver wants someone who is happy to merely have the job.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As I said in another thread, there’s no reason for the NBA to step in Clippers-style, and I’m doubtful the they would Sixers-style if the Suns trade for a vet and are spending money.

However, part of the Sixers situation was probably also that they we’re vacuuming up draft picks that other teams coveted. If the Suns just keep living in the lottery, there might be pressure and some friendly discussions with the league that we don’t hear about.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am going to imagine Silver steps in here at some point.
I don’t think so unless there’s more blatant tanking. Leagues allow bad teams to be bad teams as long as they can’t climb their way out. See the historical Lions and the recent Browns. Can find same in baseball and even look back at the clippers.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I don’t think so unless there’s more blatant tanking. Leagues allow bad teams to be bad teams as long as they can’t climb their way out. See the historical Lions and the recent Browns. Can find same in baseball and even look back at the clippers.
He stepped in with Philly and this is just as bad.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Philly was openly tanking, the Suns aren't. We're just terrible. Philly let everyone know their goal was to lose as much as they could to get a top draft pick but the Suns have actively made moves to improve, with the roster, coaching staff, and front office personnel. It's quite different. We're similar to the Mavericks before Cuban bought them in the late 90's or the 90's Clippers, just an awful team with little to no hope in sight. The league won't help us improve because we consistently hire people that shouldn't be at the levels they are.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Philly was openly tanking, the Suns aren't. We're just terrible. Philly let everyone know their goal was to lose as much as they could to get a top draft pick but the Suns have actively made moves to improve, with the roster, coaching staff, and front office personnel. It's quite different. We're similar to the Mavericks before Cuban bought them in the late 90's or the 90's Clippers, just an awful team with little to no hope in sight. The league won't help us improve because we consistently hire people that shouldn't be at the levels they are.
If you really think about that, it is odd that they wouldn't do anything. Say you're franchising a Subway for example, and you basically sell no sandwiches and in fact make people HATE the Subway brand. Would the parent company do nothing in the face of all the bad publicity it could get?

What I find odd in this case is that the ownership group (not just Sarver) don't seem to care all that much that we are at LA Clipper mid-90s level of fuitility. That's pathetic and sad based on the history of this franchise. We are the worst team in the NBA, and not by a little bit.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Philly was not only openly tanking but trading away any vet who could remotely play for draft picks. And Hinkie was all but bragging about it. That is so different than flat out sucking.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you really think about that, it is odd that they wouldn't do anything. Say you're franchising a Subway for example, and you basically sell no sandwiches and in fact make people HATE the Subway brand. Would the parent company do nothing in the face of all the bad publicity it could get?

What I find odd in this case is that the ownership group (not just Sarver) don't seem to care all that much that we are at LA Clipper mid-90s level of fuitility. That's pathetic and sad based on the history of this franchise. We are the worst team in the NBA, and not by a little bit.
I don’t agree with that. I think the ownership group and Sarver want to win. If they didn’t they wouldn’t fire coaches or GMs. The issue is that Sarver just makes horrible decisions and hasn’t decided to surround himself with sound basketball minds or interferes.

And they haven’t tarnished the NBA brand, just the suns. And you can’t compare subways to sports. In sports the very nature of the business demands that some franchise succeed at the expense of others. Subways don’t compete with each other. In sports you have to have winners and losers. And leagues don’t care if the losers are the losers forever as long as the glam markets eventually recover.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Philly was not only openly tanking but trading away any vet who could remotely play for draft picks. And Hinkie was all but bragging about it. That is so different than flat out sucking.
And flat out repeated turnovers of GM's and Head Coaches. And flat out interfering with them doing their jobs. And flat out . . . oh, we know the 'rest of the story'.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
And flat out repeated turnovers of GM's and Head Coaches. And flat out interfering with them doing their jobs. And flat out . . . oh, we know the 'rest of the story'.
Paul Harvey, is that you? <crumples paper>

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson