Fire Robert Sarver

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The management group running the organization needs to force this buffoon out. This has gone on for long enough. Like a little brat with a toy. He has no business owning an NBA franchise. Vote with your wallet

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Sure, let me give him a call and fire him.

He didn’t put up all the money for this franchise. Others who did should be squeezing him. Don’t spend a penny on this organization until this derelict is run out of town. He really isn’t that rich.....

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is probably what nearly all Suns fans across the globe dream of happening. But unfortunately with NBA teams only rising in value due to the TV deals, there's just little chance of Sarver selling unless he's forced to sell because he's caught saying something racist or assaulting a woman or participating in criminal activity etc.

Either that or he passes away. But he's only 56-57 so that doesn't appear to be on the horizon.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
This is probably what nearly all Suns fans across the globe dream of happening. But unfortunately with NBA teams only rising in value due to the TV deals, there's just little chance of Sarver selling unless he's forced to sell because he's caught saying something racist or assaulting a woman or participating in criminal activity etc.

Either that or he passes away. But he's only 56-57 so that doesn't appear to be on the horizon.

Wow. So we are now the 1990s Clippers

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow. So we are now the 1990s Clippers
Only difference: the Clips were always middling around .500. Enough butts in the seats to turn a profit, so you can do stupid ***** like trade Danny Manning. The Scums can't even sniff that. Don't forget how much Ballmer paid for that jackbag franchise--$2 large.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Somebody needs to honeypot Sarver. Get some good looking girl to meet up with him at a bar, get him drinking and coax him into saying or doing something that will force him to sell. At this point I'd be willing to squeeze into a dress and give it a shot myself but I don't think I would be his type. He might run out of Phoenix screaming though.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only difference: the Clips were always middling around .500. Enough butts in the seats to turn a profit, so you can do stupid ***** like trade Danny Manning. The Scums can't even sniff that. Don't forget how much Ballmer paid for that jackbag franchise--$2 large.

That's a nice little re-write of history. The Clippers of the 90's did not hover around .500, far from it. Over the previous 10 seasons, as horrible as the Suns have been, we've still logged 86 more wins than the Clippers did in the 90's. And the Clippers didn't just suck in the 90's, they had season win totals of 12, 17, 17 and 21 during the previous decade. In fact, during the 25 year stretch from the 1979 season to the 2004 campaign, the Clippers had exactly 2 seasons near or above the .500 mark. Larry Brown, at the beginning of the 90's took them to 45 wins (as a mid-season replacement) and followed it up with 41 the next.

All that said, this is by far the most embarrassing stretch in Suns history. The simple fact that we're drawing Clippers comparisons, even false ones, shows just how bad it's been. And it doesn't look like it's ending any time soon. It's bad enough that I'd be tempted to give Larry Brown a call and he has to be pushing 80 now.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I don’t think there is a single Suns fan who wouldn’t want a new owner but as pointed out, it isn’t likely to happen. My only hope is that the current ownership group may need a cash influx and someone like Moreno comes in and buys a controlling interest. That’s unlikely, though.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I don’t think there is a single Suns fan who wouldn’t want a new owner but as pointed out, it isn’t likely to happen. My only hope is that the current ownership group may need a cash influx and someone like Moreno comes in and buys a controlling interest. That’s unlikely, though.
All the other investors probably doubled their money from this team. Even with the sorry state the Suns have been in for the last decade they're still printing money owning this profession sports franchise. Unless another group comes in with a 1B+ We have no hope this team will be sold.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Moreno and Sarver are fellow UofA alum. Not as unlikely as people would think if Moreno wants to get in the NBA.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Moreno and Sarver are fellow UofA alum. Not as unlikely as people would think if Moreno wants to get in the NBA.

I wish!

Well, Don Quixote, the Man of La Mancha, is out fighting windmills again. My previous letter to the other Suns owners were most likely laughed at, being that Sarver is making them millions.

So I have sent a letter addressed to Adam Silver, NBA Commissioner, requesting that he look into the Suns leadership situation and see what he thinks about it.

It will probably be lost on the desk of an Administrative Assistant, but it made me feel better to send it.

At least I can hope that it might be passed along to Silver to look at it from a fans's perspective.

It would be nice if Jerry would mention the same thing to Silver, because it was he who chose him. He owes us!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish!

Well, Don Quixote, the Man of La Mancha, is out fighting windmills again. My previous letter to the other Suns owners were most likely laughed at, being that Sarver is making them millions.

So I have sent a letter addressed to Adam Silver, NBA Commissioner, requesting that he look into the Suns leadership situation and see what he thinks about it.

It will probably be lost on the desk of an Administrative Assistant, but it made me feel better to send it.

At least I can hope that it might be passed along to Silver to look at it from a fans's perspective.

It would be nice if Jerry would mention the same thing to Silver, because it was he who chose him. He owes us!

I'm very pessimistic BC but kudos for making the effort.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm very pessimistic BC but kudos for making the effort.
I just might send the same message to Jerry that I sent to the League office.

With his influence with Silver and previous involvement in procuring him, wouldn't it be great if Jerry can make waves on behalf of Phoenix?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I wish!

I appreciate the effort. I'm curious to what kind of response you would get if you reached out to Colangelo.

ETA: Heh. Just saw your message posted at the same time! Go for it.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I appreciate the effort. I'm curious to what kind of response you would get if you reached out to Colangelo.

ETA: Heh. Just saw your message posted at the same time! Go for it.
I just copied the letter and dropped it in the mail, addressed to Jerry's attention at his company, JDM Partners.

Attachments

• Letter to Jerry.docx
    12.3 KB · Views: 5

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

With his influence with Silver and previous involvement in procuring him, wouldn't it be great if Jerry can make waves on behalf of Phoenix?

It starts with the first step. Rock on. :rockon:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think Jerry's influence has taken a big hit with Bryan's antics in Philadelphia. Jerry was placed in charge of Philadelphia because of Hinkies years long quest to tank for talent. They were at the end of their tank when Hinkie was replaced with Colangelo, who then placed his son in charge. Instead of building that team back up they ended up making it look like a joke with Bryan's burner account bashing players, saying he would kick their asses if he had a step ladder tall enough, and revealing privileged information about players injuries.

I'm sure Silver knows that wherever Jerry goes that Bryan will follow. After the Philadelphia experiment there's no way that he can force a team to take on Bryan and Jerry's too old to do it himself.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think Jerry's influence has taken a big hit with Bryan's antics in Philadelphia. Jerry was placed in charge of Philadelphia because of Hinkies years long quest to tank for talent. They were at the end of their tank when Hinkie was replaced with Colangelo, who then placed his son in charge. Instead of building that team back up they ended up making it look like a joke with Bryan's burner account bashing players, saying he would kick their asses if he had a step ladder tall enough, and revealing privileged information about players injuries.

I'm sure Silver knows that wherever Jerry goes that Bryan will follow. After the Philadelphia experiment there's no way that he can force a team to take on Bryan and Jerry's too old to do it himself.
You're absolutely right! Jerry is too old (three months older than I) and we certainly don't want Bryan.

My intention to writing to Jerry is that he might put a bug in Adam Silver's ear that he is sorry to see what is happening in Phoenix and urge him to take a look into it.

Continuing with the hope that this could actually happen, there is also the chance that Jerry wouldn't want to draw attention to himself and have it reflect on him.

Doing right by the community that made him a star . . . or keeping his nose clean. We'll never know! Or if my letter ever reaches Jerry, or the one I sent to Adam Silver.

I feel good for trying! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree Bryan has a lot of baggage right now.

I wonder if the Suns would be willing to consider David Griffin.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Email Alice Cooper
Actually, I wrote a new backup Arizona state song to reflect modern Arizona, trademarked it and sent it to Alice Cooper. As well as Linda Ronstadt and the Arizona Secretary of State.

'Never got a response. From any of them. It was entitled, "The State of Arizona".
You must be registered for see images attach

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I wrote a new backup Arizona state song to reflect modern Arizona, trademarked it and sent it to Alice Cooper. As well as Linda Ronstadt and the Arizona Secretary of State.

'Never got a response. From any of them. It was entitled, "The State of Arizona".

Maybe you should have sent it to Dolan Ellis or Marshall Trimble?