Reaction score
Is this the guy you want fired? The one who:
1. Hired KK.
2. Drafted KM.
3. Drafted Budda.
4. Traded for CJ.
5. Traded for Kenyan Drake.
6. P/U Zane Gonzalez.
7. And when he made mistakes, Rosen/Wilks, he corrected those mistakes.
8. And while I'm not sure of his/Arizona's record, I'm guessing it's pretty good.

Is that the guy?

Only one of those you listed has been a smashing success.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
1. Hired KK.
2. Drafted KM.
3. Drafted Budda.
4. Traded for CJ.
6. P/U Zane Gonzalez.
8. And while I'm not sure of his/Arizona's record, I'm guessing it's pretty good.

Is that the guy?

None of his first round draft picks have signed a second contract. His teams have won only 8 games in two years and haven’t been above .500 since 2015.

Yes, this is the guy who needs to be fired

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm also a baseball Cardinals fan. And I can compare the Chandler Jones trade to the Lou Brock for Ernie Broglio trade. That's enough for me to want to keep SK. I understand there are fans who feel differently. I think Arizona is building something special, even if it's a year or two away. JMO.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1. Hired KK.
2. Drafted KM.
3. Drafted Budda.
4. Traded for CJ.
6. P/U Zane Gonzalez.

Is that the guy?

Is this Keims burner account ?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm also a baseball Cardinals fan. And I can compare the Chandler Jones trade to the Lou Brock for Ernie Broglio trade. That's enough for me to want to keep SK. I understand there are fans who feel differently. I think Arizona is building something special, even if it's a year or two away. JMO.

One trade is enough for you to want to keep a guy? ONE TRADE? No 1st-round picks on a 2nd-year contract? The slew of bad decisions? None of that's concerning? It's all erased by one good trade?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm off the Keim bandwagon and still feel he should go. However, based on the Cards late season success, MB will keep him for at least another year. I can live with that but damm, he needs to do well in free agency and the draft. Teams have turned losing records around in a year and the Cards need to have a winning record next year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm off the Keim bandwagon and still feel he should go. However, based on the Cards late season success, MB will keep him for at least another year. I can live with that but damm, he needs to do well in free agency and the draft. Teams have turned losing records around in a year and the Cards need to have a winning record next year.

It's not that he needs to do well--he needs to absolutely nail it. If he doesn't, this team will be set back 3-5 years, with the size and length of contracts. This is why he MUST go, IMO. I have ZERO faith he'll nail it.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not that he needs to do well--he needs to absolutely nail it. If he doesn't, this team will be set back 3-5 years, with the size and length of contracts. This is why he MUST go, IMO. I have ZERO faith he'll nail it.

No argument from me. I hope and feel that KK may be more aggressive on getting players that fit his system at least on offense. That will help. KK knows what he needs for Murray.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I love your analogy of the Brock/Broglio trade:clapping: As a long time Cards baseball fan myself, that was no doubt THE trade. Unfortunately, most guys on this board probably never heard of Ernie Broglio. Some may be too young to even know who Lou Brock was. I actually met Brock the weekend back in 1974 when he broke Maury Wills single season record. I was 16 years old & convinced a friend to drive with me from Syracuse, NY to Philadelphia to see a weekend game. It was camera day for season ticket holders & we somehow found a way into the stadium hours before the game (long story for another time). Actually talked to Steve Carlton. Yes, he actually talked to me. He didn't talk to the media back then, but he did talk to fans. He grew up a Cardinals fan & it broke his heart when the Cardinals traded him. After the game, I caught Brock coming out of the clubhouse ready to board a team bus back to the hotel they were staying at. Since I was dressed in Cardinal gear, he obliged & gave me his autograph. Security in 1974 wasn't what it is today!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Security in 1974 wasn't what it is today!

I saw Mohamed Ali in the lobby of a hotel here in Albq. He was here to watch a Bobby Foster bout. I walked right up and asked if he would give me his autograph. Political correctness wasn't the same either... he said "Sure thing, boy". I loved that he called me "boy".. I was about 30 at the time. I've never forgotten it.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

At the rate SK is going CJ will be retired before he's built something special.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

One win from a team currently sitting over .500 doesn't change my mind on SK. I expected to win that game or play very close only because it is the Cards in Seattle, it is like kryptonite to the Seahawks for some reason. Even Wilks managed to lose by only a FG to them away and home.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ESPN rankings of the 32 teams, started with Arizona at #32. We should finish the year in the mid-twenties, and will go into 2020 with an improved team, featuring a possible super star QB. I call that something special.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ESPN rankings of the 32 teams, started with Arizona at #32. We should finish the year in the mid-twenties, and will go into 2020 with an improved team, featuring a possible super star QB. I call that something special.
How so? ARZ was embarrassed by the Rams 3 weeks ago and the Rams are playing for playoff positioning so they won’t be resting their starters. If Murray is not 100% after tweaking hamstring last week you sit him out. Last thing ARZ needs is a serious injury to Murray the last meaningless game of the season.

Reaction score
How so? ARZ was embarrassed by the Rams 3 weeks ago and the Rams are playing for playoff positioning so they won’t be resting their starters. If Murray is not 100% after tweaking hamstring last week you sit him out. Last thing ARZ needs is a serious injury to Murray the last meaningless game of the season.

The Rams are eliminated from the playoffs.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rams mathematically can’t make the play offs.... already rumors circulating of them sitting their studs

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i still think it's a mistake to give this guy the keys to the castle with a high pick and lots of loot to spend in FA, but I'm resigned at this point that with the last two wins, he ain't going anywhere this year.

this is a two year experiment. it either works and Keim somehow wins Executive Of The Year next year or it doesn't and he's flat on his fat ass come Black Monday 2021.

Happy to be proven wrong, don't think I will, but until I see the next gen of moves this off-season, I'm done complaining about it.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there was ever a time to fire Keim it would have been last year. Since he was given the chance to turn this around there is no way in the world Bidwill could have expected much more than what we’ve experienced in 2019.

The needs remaining on this team is now within reach. K1and K2 have a year experience. Kugler has shown the ability to coach up an o- line that we were certain would get Kyler killed.

We now have some cap space and there are some teams in cap hell (I.E. Rams) that won’t be able to retain players like Littleton and or Fowler. We won’t be bargain basement shopping.

This will be Keims final year if we skip backwards ala Cleveland Browns. Will the 2020 draft will be his redemption or his albatross?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nothing's been said here that convinces me one way or another.

Reason: Not enough solid info to go by.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Rams are eliminated from the playoffs.
Did not realize MIN was more than a game ahead on Los Angeles. Playing a pissed off Rams team may not be any better though. Worried more about their defense more than offense but our D got lit up big time.