Fire Keim - It’s time

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If you don’t think kraft is emotionally involved you’re out to lunch. Mike is definitely too involved imo. But at least he’s engaged and wants to win. Never really got that strong impression from his old man. But undoubtedly he’s part of the problem. I think your issue is you don’t recognize Kevin’s role in where are now. It’s never a him or him issue in these scenarios. It takes a team to suck so badly one experiment after another. And Keim’s a key player there. And guess what? Mikey ain’t leaving so who does that leave to replace to hopefully right the ship . . . ?
Obviously Kraft is emotionally involved but he's not a meddling owner and that's what I meant.
I like Mike and no doubt he wants to win, and that's a good thing, but many of the issues have his fingerprints all over it.
Keim is very involved but if you're boss/owner is wanting something, you're going to do your best to please him and keep your job.

I think the problems started when Keim and Bidwill were at a press conference a few years ago and announced the term "cardinals decisions" saying decisions were a collaborative effort. Hire a guy to make the "final" decision and if Keim isn't the guy, find someone who can handle it.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Reportedly, Mikey B hired Wilks despite not being Keim’s main choice. Pretty sure there are other examples, but I’m not going to go back to figure it out.

Still. Ownership should rarely, if ever, should go against the GM. The GM is supposed to be the smartest man in the room in terms of personnel moves and it’s obvious with moves like that that Mikey does not have 100% confidence in him.

I think the same is true for Kingsbury and Murray. If Keim had full autonomy I think we would’ve had Nick Bosa or traded down. Either way there’s so many reasons for Keim to be let go.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If there was any chance of Keim being fired, it evaporated today. I agree with Jody here

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If there was any chance of Keim being fired, it evaporated today. I agree with Jody here

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I remember listening to Jody the Ginger when he was on in drive time in Tucson. He is often right. And sadly, he is right in this case. It would have taken a disastrous season to get Bidwill to pay to move on from Keim. The signing of Kenyon Drake led to this win which led to Keim staying.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think the same is true for Kingsbury and Murray. If Keim had full autonomy I think we would’ve had Nick Bosa or traded down. Either way there’s so many reasons for Keim to be let go.
Lol. There’s not even any conjecture about this anywhere. That’s just 100% made up. I’m sorry but when people take to just making things up to defend keim I gotta call it out. This post is just funny.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Lol. There’s not even any conjecture about this anywhere. That’s just 100% made up. I’m sorry but when people take to just making things up to defend keim I gotta call it out. This post is just funny.

I’m making up my opinion to defend a GM that I’ve been calling to get fired for two years? You couldn’t have been further off here.

TJ

Reaction score
I remember listening to Jody the Ginger when he was on in drive time in Tucson. He is often right. And sadly, he is right in this case. It would have taken a disastrous season to get Bidwill to pay to move on from Keim. The signing of Kenyon Drake led to this win which led to Keim staying.

Yep. Ultimate Pyrrhic victory.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I have zero faith in Keim. If he is kept, bet the under for next year's win total.

Retaining him is a mistake but it doesn’t mean we’ll be worse next year. After seeing the second year leaps made by Wentz, Goff, Lamar, Trubisky etc we’ll probably be improved offensively. An upgrade DC should help a little. So I think we’ll see short term improvement but as long as management remains we won’t have a contender.

TJ

Reaction score
Retaining him is a mistake but it doesn’t mean we’ll be worse next year. After seeing the second year leaps made by Wentz, Goff, Lamar, Trubisky etc we’ll probably be improved offensively. An upgrade DC should help a little. So I think we’ll see short term improvement but as long as management remains we won’t have a contender.

That’s assuming Keim makes those moves, which given his recent track record, is not likely

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
While I agree he likely won’t be fired. How in the world hasn’t the bottom fallen out if we finish 4-11-1?

Because it is an improvement from last season. It’s all relative. The Browns staff will get canned (with a better record) because it has been a regression.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

our under will likely be 6.5 or 7.5. We could still improve significantly and make the under.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Keim won't fire Vance if he is retained.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I am willing to bet that Keim will back most every move me made this past offseason. Even if kept, he knows his stay is tenuous. Another new DC isn't going to help that.
We are not firing Joseph after 1 year.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Keim got us Palmer, sure, but he failed criminally in having a succession plan for Palmer. He spent a 4th on Logan and that was extent of his effort. There were 2 seasons where every Cardinals fan knew any given snap could be Palmer's last given his age and propensity for injury. Forget the first rounders... Dak was had for a 4th and Jimmy G was dealt for a 2nd. Neither are Brady but you don't need a Brady to win, just a solid team on both sides of the ball, which SK has failed at fielding as well.
I'm not defending Keim overall, because he's fallen off a cliff, but Dak's really the only QB that was there to be had, and 31 other teams made the same mistake all the way until the 4th. Every other QB drafted that he had a chance at in the period of reasonably replacing Palmer is a total nobody. Jimmy G was not available to us or other teams, he was specifically traded to the 49ers by Belichick.

We did not have a chance at getting Watson or Mahomes in the context of what the compensation was and where our team was, especially not being certain at the time that they were going to be stars (even though I wanted both).

But yeah, fire Keim.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is this the guy you want fired? The one who:
1. Hired KK.
2. Drafted KM.
3. Drafted Budda.
4. Traded for CJ.
5. Traded for Kenyan Drake.
6. P/U Zane Gonzalez.
7. And when he made mistakes, Rosen/Wilks, he corrected those mistakes.
8. And while I'm not sure of his/Arizona's record, I'm guessing it's pretty good.

Is that the guy?

UK Cardinal

Reaction score
Is this the guy you want fired? The one who:
1. Hired KK.
2. Drafted KM.
3. Drafted Budda.
4. Traded for CJ.
5. Traded for Kenyan Drake.
6. P/U Zane Gonzalez.
7. And when he made mistakes, Rosen/Wilks, he corrected those mistakes.
8. And while I'm not sure of his/Arizona's record, I'm guessing it's pretty good.

Is that the guy?
Yes.

You can't average one good decision a year and claim you were successful, the odds are pretty high you can make 1 correct call just by guessing!

Track record of screwing up high draft picks, and letting homegrown talent walk with no plan B.