FIRE BRUCE ARIANS

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chopper, before you fire Betcher, let us know where our defense is ranked. If we're ranked in the bottom 10, then I'll agree with you.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I don't know

He has his flaws no doubt

But I don't think any unbiased NFL observer looked the roster over the last five years (2016 excepted) and said "this is a top 4 in the NFL roster"

Very few regularly professed confidence in Carson Palmer, yet somehow the guy has played productive QB over the last five years

Yet Arians winning % is top 5 or so during his tenure

one year is luck. two is coincidence three is real

Changing coaches is so disruptive

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Half of the "stupid, egregious penalties" shouldn't have even been called. Corrente's crew was throwing laundry around today like they were being paid per flag. It was ridiculous. NFL officiating has deteriorated so badly over the last 10 years or so, it's disgusting.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Half of the "stupid, egregious penalties" shouldn't have even been called. Corrente's crew was throwing laundry around today like they were being paid per flag. It was ridiculous. NFL officiating has deteriorated so badly over the last 10 years or so, it's disgusting.

In the game in London I swear there were like 6 flags in a row.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Chopper, before you fire Betcher, let us know where our defense is ranked. If we're ranked in the bottom 10, then I'll agree with you.
12 of our 20 largest contracts are on the defensive side. We have three players making over 8mil. Those 12 contracts do not include Frostee Rucker, Budda Baker, Tramon Williams and Markus Golden.

Our defensive underachieves if it is less than a top 10 unit in the league in points allowed, yards allowed, red zone effectiveness and third down efficiency.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are just not physical on defense. Where's the message hit? Where's the basic tackling? This bend but don't break thing is good but it inevitably breaks as we saw in Detroit and against Dallas. Also, I question our conditioning. That OT drive our defense looked gassed which would be odd considering the 49ers time of possession was at about 20 minutes give or take. That's not that overwhelming to be that tired down the stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Very average after 4 games vs Matthew Stafford, Jacoby Brissett, Dak Prescott and Brian Hoyer.

Total: #11
Points allowed: #20 91 (22.8)
Passing: #15
Rushing: #12
Opponent first downs: #10 tied with Green Bay and Oakland
Opponent third downs: #23

So in the middle of the pack... and by no means top 10 ish with QB against like Brisset and Hoyer...

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Amos Jones and James Bettcher deserve to be fired more, but you will probably have to fire Arians to get rid of them.

Still don't get the Bettcher hate. The D is decent. All this team needs a better oline and the team is vastly better.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

I honestly think 2 of the 3 holding penalties on Bohem were just horrible/tricky tac calls.