Film study

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What they have done in the past and what they choose to do or are possibly told to do from above moving forward aren’t the same thing.
He said they will trust the players to do what they should be doing. That wasn't past tense.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KK said on an interview the Cards don't track film watching time. So, this clause was not only a cluster but serves no purpose.
No, that is a lie.

Do you really not understand half of what a head coach says to the media is a lie, and that their first interest is to keep issues internal if at all possible.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, that is a lie.

Do you really not understand half of what a head coach says to the media is a lie, and that their first interest is to keep issues internal if at all possible.
Huh? That's based on what exactly? You don't think multiple players on that team would come out and say...."no they are watching me". You are entitled to your opinion but unless I hear otherwise from a bunch of people on the team I have no reason to believe otherwise. There are too many blabbermouths in the chain.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
If you are the most talented player, especially at quarterback, you can win a lot games in high school and college. In the NFL there is enough talent that it requires a lot of individual blood, sweat, and tears. Kyler's aloof and shy personality means leadership has to come from others. But he still needs to work his butt off for the team to have success.

The Cardinals have surrounded him with talent at the offensive skill positions. I'm curious to see how hungry he really is.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Just another example of how clueless the Bidwills have been from day one of them owning this franchise. Sadly, even with a star QB on your roster, ownership will find a way to screw things up.
In all fairness the Murray camp did accept this clause in the contract unless his agent didn't do his due diligence and not read the entire contract. Either way, there is blame on their side too.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In all fairness the Murray camp did accept this clause in the contract unless his agent didn't do his due diligence and not read the entire contract. Either way, there is blame on their side too.
Absolutely. The Murray camp wasn’t going to turn down that much guaranteed money. Neither would anyone in that position. It could be that the Murray camp saw it as trivial, because 4 hours/wk is major league trivial. But, don’t be surprised if after collecting the guaranteed money, that Murray bolts to a franchise that knows how to win consistently. That would be my advice to him. Unless, of course, Murray leads this rudderless franchise to a championship. Only then would he consider staying.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What they have done in the past and what they choose to do or are possibly told to do from above moving forward aren’t the same thing.
While I don’t hate the clause, and the added scrutiny/pressure it places on kyler to study more . . . I don’t for a second think they are actually going to monitor his film time.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Absolutely. The Murray camp wasn’t going to turn down that much guaranteed money. Neither would anyone in that position. It could be that the Murray camp saw it as trivial, because 4 hours/wk is major league trivial. But, don’t be surprised if after collecting the guaranteed money, that Murray bolts to a franchise that knows how to win consistently. That would be my advice to him. Unless, of course, Murray leads this rudderless franchise to a championship. Only then would he consider staying.
We've just gotten stone-cold proof of KM's shortcomings, that has been debated on this board for months, and...of course you're hating on the team. I'm begging to wonder if you're a KM fan now rather than a Cards fan. If he leaves the team, are you going to root for KM or the Cards? Or is it you just can't handle any criticism of the Teflon QB? I mean, everyone else is acknowledging the truth that he hasn't worked hard enough. Can you?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We've just gotten stone-cold proof of KM's shortcomings, that has been debated on this board for months, and...of course you're hating on the team. I'm begging to wonder if you're a KM fan now rather than a Cards fan. If he leaves the team, are you going to root for KM or the Cards? Or is it you just can't handle any criticism of the Teflon QB? I mean, everyone else is acknowledging the truth that he hasn't worked hard enough. Can you?
I’ve had to endure the failures of the Bidwill regime a lot longer than you have my friend, so none of this surprises me. Just another sign of their ineptitude. But to answer your question, I’m the biggest Cardinal fan you will ever meet. People that know me would attest to that. But, if Murray were elsewhere, it doesn’t mean I wouldn‘t root for that team to do well. Unless, of course, he stays in the division, or plays for the Steelers, Eagles, Washington, or Ravens. My hatred for those teams is too much to overcome.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I’ve had to endure the failures of the Bidwill regime a lot longer than you have my friend, so none of this surprises me. Just another sign of their ineptitude. But to answer your question, I’m the biggest Cardinal fan you will ever meet. People that know me would attest to that. But, if Murray were elsewhere, it doesn’t mean I wouldn‘t root for that team to do well. Unless, of course, he stays in the division, or plays for the Steelers, Eagles, Washington, or Ravens. My hatred for those teams is too much to overcome.
I was just wondering because nothing that comes out ever affects your opinion on the kid. We have stone-cold proof that he isn't doing enough and that we were right to raise those red flags, yet you only have criticism for the team. The Cards always have, and probably always will be, a poorly-run organization. That doesn't diminish the problems KM has had, despite his talent and numbers.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved and supported Kyler from the start. I attributed his shortcomings to what every rookie has to go through.
However, his play at times has digressed culminating to one of the worse performances in playoff history.
He follows that up with scrubbing his twitter along with his and his agents BS.
He will have to earn my total support by his performance which better equate to about $260M. Until then I’m am barely Luke warm on him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I loved and supported Kyler from the start. I attributed his shortcomings to what every rookie has to go through.
However, his play at times has digressed culminating to one of the worse performances in playoff history.
He follows that up with scrubbing his twitter along with his and his agents BS.
He will have to earn my total support by his performance which better equate to about $260M. Until then I’m am barely Luke warm on him.
Something about this in the bold is funny as hell to me.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And I'm actually good with that. Why/how it got out is what irks my soul. This was NO ONE else's business. Should have been kept between higher-ups and Kyler and his agent.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Just in case it pops up here like it did on The Athletic, this clause is not in other QB contracts. “Former Packers executive Andrew Brandt said he hasn't "seen this in 30 years of looking at NFL contracts."