Film study

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see the report. Kyler’s first 4 hour of film watching and test is complete. He got a C+.
As goofy as it sounds, can you imagine kylers mindset if he played video games while he was supposed to be watching film and took a mini quiz and couldn’t pass or just eke by? Hopefully it would serve as a mini wake-up call for him.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As goofy as it sounds, can you imagine kylers mindset if he played video games while he was supposed to be watching film and took a mini quiz and couldn’t pass or just eke by? Hopefully it would serve as a mini wake-up call for him.
Ouchie, if he hasn’t woke up by now he never will.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here's how the jokes will fly.
1. Kyler plays good: "I guess he did his homework"

2. Kyler plays bad: "I guess he needs to go to his room, plus be grounded cause he didn't do his homework.

I can't even begin to believe this got out cause the jokes are going to be endless. Twitter will absolutely be roasting this after a bad game, even after a good game the jokes will fly. I've listened to a few analysts that think this is the Cardinals out clause with his contract in case he doesn't meet expectations.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Hello All
Been here a while lurking. Im no football guru so it is hard to pull the trigger on a reply to anything.

This reminds me of when my wife and I would have her brothers and sisters 5 knuckleheads over for a week in the summer to give their parents a break. She put up star charts on the kitchen cabinet doors...Pick up your cloths, make your bed, take a bath, brush your teeth. You know, stuff they needed to do in life to make things run smoothly. Worked like a champ on kids 5-9 who just want to go to the pool.
Only a few gurus on here. Rest of us are crazy suffering cardinal fans, who argue a lot but ultimately just want the same result. A super bowl.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
“Maybe he doesn’t know how to watch film on his own, maybe they should get a guy to sit with him and break down film with him so he can see it as an advantage as opposed to more work. Maybe he’ll get more excited to break down a defense that he’s about to slaughter on Sunday as opposed to sniping somebody out of a helicopter on Call of Duty.”
-Pat McAfee

This had me rolling lol

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It makes the whole organization looks bad as “Hey, that organization just gave a quarter of a billion dollars to a QB where they put a time limit of how much film he needs to watch cause he’s watching little or none at all”.

Don’t fool yourself.
There are no heroes here.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It seems kind of an "up yours" clause MB put in there. Just the minimum hours and conditions seem to be very petty. I know they said he was on vacation but MB not being at the presser also seems to indicate MB is not thrilled with it. Most of the talking heads are incredulous that the clause is there and think it's a bad look.

Just my opinion, I don't have inside access or anything.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It seems kind of an "up yours" clause MB put in there. Just the minimum hours and conditions seem to be very petty. I know they said he was on vacation but MB not being at the presser also seems to indicate MB is not thrilled with it. Most of the talking heads are incredulous that the clause is there and think it's a bad look.

Just my opinion, I don't have inside access or anything.

It seems pretty crazy that Michael was on vacation for the press conference confirming his franchise QB but made a youtube video calling Carson Palmer to let him know he was going into the Ring of Honor.

Like, WTH bro?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It seems pretty crazy that Michael was on vacation for the press conference confirming his franchise QB but made a youtube video calling Carson Palmer to let him know he was going into the Ring of Honor.

Like, WTH bro?
Writing appears to be on the wall that MB doesn’t like k1 very much.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
I can't help wondering how I'd feel if I was a veteran on the Cards, who had given his whole life to this sport. A guy who maybe transferred to the team that needs hours of treatment every week just to function at an acceptable level and who came because of the promise of Kyler Murray. I wonder what he will think and feel if he is questioned by a reporter as to whether he believes whether or not Kyler did his 4 hours of film study?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can't help wondering how I'd feel if I was a veteran on the Cards, who had given his whole life to this sport. A guy who maybe transferred to the team that needs hours of treatment every week just to function at an acceptable level and who came because of the promise of Kyler Murray. I wonder what he will think and feel if he is questioned by a reporter as to whether he believes whether or not Kyler did his 4 hours of film study?
JJ Watt comes to mind… dude was in the cards training facility all offseason

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MB wanted it in, KM and his agent agreed to it, seems both sides are happy. In the long run this will be a nothingburger. KM will either perform up to or past the contract or he won't. IMO his physical health will determine his longevity and performance far more than any film clause in his contract.
AMEN!! The idiocy on this board to read anything else into this is hilarious.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MB is a Bidwill. And no Bidwill understands what it takes to win CONSISTENTLY. It ALWAYS starts at the top & this is more proof why the Cardinals cannot ever be a consistent winner with a Bidwill running the show. There’s a much greater chance that Murray wins a SB elsewhere than in AZ. Sad but true.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have no knowledge but I feel like MB does like Kyler & knows he has the talent. I also feel like MB knows things that Kyler was lacking on. Although very embarrassing for the franchise, it's in his contract so it's up to Kyler whether he wants to prepare correctly, get paid & do the things required.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
“Maybe he doesn’t know how to watch film on his own, maybe they should get a guy to sit with him and break down film with him so he can see it as an advantage as opposed to more work. Maybe he’ll get more excited to break down a defense that he’s about to slaughter on Sunday as opposed to sniping somebody out of a helicopter on Call of Duty.”
-Pat McAfee

This had me rolling lol
i think this is why they got Colt McCoy

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I recall when an NYT reporter called Murray out on the lack of film study and I quoted the article on the board. There was a small uproar. A few even challenged the veracity of the reporter. Well it’s quite clear now that the Cards believe there is an issue with Murray’s game preparation. Success in the NFL often comes from exploiting the opponent’s tendencies. Game film also provide a great opportunity to analyze one’s own behavior and offers a valuable chance to improve. Murray can either take this as a personal affront or realize this is simply an attempt to get him to focus on an opportunity to step forward. Hopefully he chooses to view it as the latter.