Favorite Motion Picture Soundtrack?

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this subject has been discussed before on here, however, what is your favorite motion picture soundtrack? I would rank the ones to Clerks (Alice-In-Chains "Got Me Wrong"), Last Action Hero (mainly because of "What The Hell Have I" and Little Bitter by A-I-C), End Of Days,
Mission Impossible 2, Strangeland, Easy Rider, and Almost Famous... Well, that's the ones I can think of at the moment.... What are yours?

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last Action Hero has some great stuff on it. The Daredevil Soundtrack is pretty good as well. I also like Edward Scissorhands (Danny Elfman is the man) and I liked Last Of The Mohicans a lot.

Shawn

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Few of my favorites...

Honeymoon in Vegas
Braveheart
Sleepless in Seattle
Hunt for Red October

Mike

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other excellent soundtracks are Spinal Tap 1/2, The Five Heartbeats and Eddie And The Crusers... Yeah, they are all based on factitious bands, but they have a legacy of their own....

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dudes
Colors
The Crow
Lost Boys
Say Anything
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
From Dusk Till Dawn

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another one I forgot to mention was The Kids soundtrack, which includes several faves from one of my fave musicians, Lou Barlow, working w/his 2 major projects (Folk Implosion IE "Natural One" and Sebadoh).....

The Lost Boys highlights were the INXS and Jimmy Barnes collaboration and Echo And The Bunnymen's cover of "People Are Strange".....

Also, American Beauty... for having "We Haven't Turned Around" by my current favorite band, Gomez, "Free To Go" by Folk Implosion, and "The Seeker" by The Who.........

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forrest Gump - lots of 60's classics.

Trick - for the disco version of "I am Woman" :D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Are you talking orchestral soundtracks, various artists soundtracks, or both?

If it's both, then both Crow cds were really good. The Matrix was pretty good, as was the Saint and X-Files movie soundtracks.

As for orchestral, gotta go with several:

Last Temptation of Christ (called Passion by Peter Gabriel, this is the best cd I've ever listened to)
Last of the Mohicans
Glory
Schindler's List
Shawshank Redemption
Green Mile
The Saint (score)
LOTR: FOTR and TT

There are many more, but those are the best.

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Are you talking orchestral soundtracks, various artists soundtracks, or both?

It can be either.... I know we all have different taste when it comes to both music/movie genre......

I can't believe I forgot about "The Crow", especially
NIN "Dead Souls".....

I just remembered one that has to be in my top-10, which is the Sid & Nancy soundtrack....

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The problem with Titanic and to a lesser extent Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark is that we are saturated with it. The truly great orchestral soundtracks are usually the ones nobody has ever heard of.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with Titanic and to a lesser extent Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark is that we are saturated with it. The truly great orchestral soundtracks are usually the ones nobody has ever heard of.

It may be popular but I swear the orchestral music in Titanic mesmerizes me!

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How can they be great if nobodies heard them? :D

Shawn

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Favorite soundtracks for songs - The Crow, Tales From the Crypt: Demon Knight, Beautiful Girls

Favorite orchestral - Candyman. Phillip Glass's work is absolutely mesmerizing and provides the perfect atmosphere for a horror film.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardAvenger
Suburbia (the original one)

Side one maybe. Hell, Its got great old versions od TSOL songs, and a version of RIchard HUng Himself by DI unavailable elsewhere, not to mention the Vandals' Legend of Pat Brown.

But all the scored music? Eh. I find it kind of boring.

One of my favorites is "The Hunger" that old Bowie vampire flick with a HOTT lesbian scene with Katherine Deneuve and Susan Sarandon. DAMN. But the film has that creepy scene at the begniing with Bauhaus in it, and Shuberts Trio in E flat is one of the most haunting classical pieces ever. Plus the scored stuff is just plain weird.

Why isnt the HUnger available on DVD? damnit!

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
How about "Singles"?

Good call! :thumbup: Especially because of all the Grunge bands that were on it and how a rare Jimi Hendrix song was included....

I know many will laugh, but while I was younger, I loved the
Urban Cowboy Soundtrack, especially Charlie Daniel's "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" and Joe Walsh's "All Night Long".....

Also, can't forgot about the soundtracks to Fast Times At Ridgemont High and Dazed And Confused....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen