Favorite Michael Jackson song

Favorite Michael Jackson song?

• Total voters

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Probably not a popular choice, but mine is "Give In To Me", a song with Slash from GnR on guitar.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of them.

But I chose Smooth Criminal. I freaking loved that song. I don't think Annie is ok.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And We are the World was the best...MJ wrote that in a day. And that was one of the most amazing things I'd seen in music..then and since.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black or White was huge........Prime time TV.........I remember thinking "oh this will be a train wreck" and then BAM. What an unfreaking believable artist. RIP MJ.

Yeah, that video was ridiculous...wasn't expecting it to live up to the hype, but it was beyond the hype. I remember we were talking about the face morphing stuff for a week. Still a great song, but that was IMO the solidification of MJ as the most important artist of my generation. Despite growing up with him in the 80s...he evolved and stayed cutting edge, and pulled off a monster prime time song launch.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
TOPIC:

Michael Jackson hadn't done anything new musically in at least 15-20 years.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Billy Jean or Smooth criminal. My wifes favorites were Man in the Mirror and You are Not alone.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Hearing Will You Be There at the service yesterday reminded me how much I like that song...

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Our family has been listening to nothing else besides Michael Jackson for the past two weeks. It is impossible to pick just one favorite, but some of mine are Billie Jean, Another Part of Me, Heal the World, Man in the Mirror, and They Don't Care About Us.

My wife did some volunteer work at Neverland a few years back and had the pleasure of meeting him and shaking his hand. Since he died, our 9 year old daughter has gone from not really knowing who he was to being one of his biggest fans. He certainly had a wealth of talent. And the man could dance!

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TOPIC:

Michael Jackson hadn't done anything new musically in at least 15-20 years.

That would discount most of his work in the 90's including the Dangerous album.

FAIL.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
The last original album he released was Invincible in 2001. It debuted at #1 and was double platinum certified. It certainly was not overwhelmingly successful when compared to his earlier works, but keep in mind that Thriller is the highest selling album of all time. Most "ordinary" artists would kill for the sales that Invincible generated. The harmony in some of the tracks, like You Rock My World and Break of Dawn is simply amazing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invincible_(Michael_Jackson_album))

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last original album he released was Invincible in 2001. It debuted at #1 and was double platinum certified. It certainly was not overwhelmingly successful when compared to his earlier works, but keep in mind that Thriller is the highest selling album of all time. Most "ordinary" artists would kill for the sales that Invincible generated. The harmony in some of the tracks, like You Rock My World and Break of Dawn is simply amazing.

Interesting. I will check them out.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I really liked You Rock My World. Break of Dawn/Butterflies not so much.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry, Bily Jean is just an awesome song. I need to get Thriller on my ipod. Pronto!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Girl is Mine was the first single released on Thriller?

That is possibly the lamest song ever.