Farm System Stuff

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Impressive numbers. I think he’s an interesting prospect but wonder if he’ll be more than a minor league stud. He’s 24 and in Double A, so why don’t they promote him to AAA and see what they might have?

I've always heard the pitching in AA is better than AAA. Didn't Goldy go straight from AA to the bigs?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Reno is a tough place to evaluate pitchers. Duplantier and Widener should be spring training envites.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've always heard the pitching in AA is better than AAA. Didn't Goldy go straight from AA to the bigs?
I do believe I read that somewhere thinking about it now. I wonder why AA is a better evaluation of pitchers, smaller ball parks? Better hitters?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I do believe I read that somewhere thinking about it now. I wonder why AA is a better evaluation of pitchers, smaller ball parks? Better hitters?
Probably because AAA teams are littered with career minor league hitters...old guys who's major league dreams are gone, but have made a career out of minor league baseball...Think Crash Davis.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aces have a total of two players under 25, both turn 25 before the end of the season.
Aces have 10 players born in the 80's

Generals have 10 players under 25 (plus another 4 that just turned 25) and only 4 players born in the 80's

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AA is a development league while AAA is more of an extended roster/rehab league.

A young player is likely to get better instruction in AA and if he doesn’t need it, then he’s likely MLB ready.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
AA is a development league while AAA is more of an extended roster/rehab league.

A young player is likely to get better instruction in AA and if he doesn’t need it, then he’s likely MLB ready.
Ala Goldy?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose