Fan Sues Pacers, Players

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A Pistons fan who was charged with trespassing during the brawl at The Palace of Auburn Hills filed suit Monday against the Indiana Pacers and players Jermaine O'Neal and Anthony Johnson.

O'Neal and Johnson already face assault and battery charges for allegedly attacking Charles Haddad during the Nov. 19 fight between Pistons fans and Pacers players. The charges carry up to 93 days in jail and a $500 fine.

The suit was filed in U.S. District Court by Haddad, a 21-year-old Pistons season-ticket holder. Prosecutors charged him with violating an Auburn Hills ordinance barring fans from the court. He could get up to 90 days in jail and a $500 fine.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...acers-pistons-brawl-lawsuit&prov=ap&type=lgns

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Pistons and the Pacers play on Christmas Day, don't they?

I can't imagine why the NBA hasn't been pushing this one in its ads.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
WizardOfAz said:
A Pistons fan who was charged with trespassing during the brawl at The Palace of Auburn Hills filed suit Monday against the Indiana Pacers and players Jermaine O'Neal and Anthony Johnson.

O'Neal and Johnson already face assault and battery charges for allegedly attacking Charles Haddad during the Nov. 19 fight between Pistons fans and Pacers players. The charges carry up to 93 days in jail and a $500 fine.

The suit was filed in U.S. District Court by Haddad, a 21-year-old Pistons season-ticket holder. Prosecutors charged him with violating an Auburn Hills ordinance barring fans from the court. He could get up to 90 days in jail and a $500 fine.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...acers-pistons-brawl-lawsuit&prov=ap&type=lgns

Stay off the court jerk!

sunsfn

Reaction score
TRW said:
Stay off the court jerk!
I thought I read where he had courtside seats?

I guess he still went on the court, when he should have stayed in his seat.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
I thought I read where he had courtside seats?

I guess he still went on the court, when he should have stayed in his seat.

Yep. You should have NO case if you go on the court. I think in every NBA arena it's on the ticket and there is a pre-game announcement to that effect. Once he set foot on the court he forfeited his "right" to sue IMO. BUT, he'll probably get a nice "settlement" from somebody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn