Explosive additions set up Cardinals for run at NFC West

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I don't really disagree with the overall assessment of the draft, I find this comment hilarious....."their stellar draft class could springboard them back into the ranks of the elite this season"

Yeah, the Cards had a nice short run...but, elite??? lmao

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I think any time you can make it to the Superbowl you are elite...

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
While I agree they were borderline elite a couple of years ago, we're talking about "elite" and "Derek Anderson" in the same sentence at this point in time.

You just can't say too much about a team that doesn't have a QB.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Im just happy San Fran didnt get anything interesting. that aldon smith pick made me laugh. hes probably good but atleast a year away from making a serious impact..

I read some article today that said Sam Acho is more ready to step in and play in a 3-4 than Smith. Doubt thats true but funny none the less..

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
I am not particularly impressed with this draft. I think we have some potentially exciting players in the first 4 rounds. I also think if FA goes well, then I may be happier about the draft.

With that said, when was the last time we had a impact player from the draft? Someone that made a marked difference in each game from the first game to the last? Anquan Boldin. Do any of these guys have the ability to make an Anquan Boldin effect next year? I don't think so, personally. Did even that get us near the playoffs? No.

Saying that this draft will make us SB contenders next year is kinda' goofy to me and I don't buy it.

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not particularly impressed with this draft. I think we have some potentially exciting players in the first 4 rounds. I also think if FA goes well, then I may be happier about the draft.

With that said, when was the last time we had a impact player from the draft? Someone that made a marked difference in each game from the first game to the last? Anquan Boldin. Do any of these guys have the ability to make an Anquan Boldin effect next year? I don't think so, personally. Did even that get us near the playoffs? No.

Saying that this draft will make us SB contenders next year is kinda' goofy to me and I don't buy it.

Even Peyton Manning or Tom Brady can't take a team to the SB by themselves, that's a lot of expectations you had on Q.

Playmakers on the Cards:
Fitz
DRC (at times)
DD (at times)
Rhodes
Hyphen
Adub
CC (at times)

We did add some potential playmakers in the draft with Peterson, Williams, Housler and Acho.

What we are missing the most is the QB and a playmaker at the LBer position.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with Bucky's premise - with one proviso.

There's this teeny, tiny missing piece called a quality starting QB...

Gotta get it or we're toast.

Reaction score

When we drafted Q did anybody think he was going to be the impact player that he was?

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
When we drafted Q did anybody think he was going to be the impact player that he was?

Emmitt did.

Even Peyton Manning or Tom Brady can't take a team to the SB by themselves, that's a lot of expectations you had on Q.

Playmakers on the Cards:
Fitz
DRC (at times)
DD (at times)
Rhodes
Hyphen
Adub
CC (at times)

We did add some potential playmakers in the draft with Peterson, Williams, Housler and Acho.

What we are missing the most is the QB and a playmaker at the LBer position.

I'm not saying that those are/were not great picks, what I'm saying is that Q was the only person in my Cardinals memory who produced game in, game out from day one and had an immediate impact on each and every game. Ideally, all of our draftees would be so productive. My point is that even with 8 Anquans drafted in 2011, we still wouldn't have fixed enough of this team to be a serious superbowl contender this year.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Emmitt did.

I'm not saying that those are/were not great picks, what I'm saying is that Q was the only person in my Cardinals memory who produced game in, game out from day one and had an immediate impact on each and every game. Ideally, all of our draftees would be so productive. My point is that even with 8 Anquans drafted in 2011, we still wouldn't have fixed enough of this team to be a serious superbowl contender this year.

Well we would have a funky roster with 9 WR's. :)

I take this to mean that if we hit on all our draft picks we still need a QB. I agree with this but since I have zero doubt we will upgrade the QB position this year then under you scenario we would be SB contenders.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
While I don't really disagree with the overall assessment of the draft, I find this comment hilarious....."their stellar draft class could springboard them back into the ranks of the elite this season"

Yeah, the Cards had a nice short run...but, elite??? lmao

All these grades we are seeing will become meaningless once the teams line up against one another. The good will still be good and the also rans may be better but still will have a tough go against the tough teams.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Im just happy San Fran didnt get anything interesting. that aldon smith pick made me laugh. hes probably good but atleast a year away from making a serious impact..

I read some article today that said Sam Acho is more ready to step in and play in a 3-4 than Smith. Doubt thats true but funny none the less..

IMHO the team to watch out for is the Rams. This is the year they make their move.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

The only one of our draftees that could really disappoint me is Peterson as I think he is the next coming of Deion Sanders. If he is not then I will be very much disappointed.