Expectations for Ayton's Rookie year

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe not number one overall picks, but ouchie is right.

That’s what we are talking about top picks. I can’t remember any say top 5 picks who were placed on limited minutes without some kind of injury history.

Guys who go high in the draft usually go to bad teams and on those bad teams there is usually wide open minutes for top picks. Usually only teams that rest guys or put guys on minute restrictions are contenting teams trying to save guys for the playoffs.

I honestly can’t think of any top 5 pick or number 1 overall who played limited minutes without any injuries being factored in

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That’s what we are talking about top picks. I can’t remember any say top 5 picks who were placed on limited minutes without some kind of injury history.

Guys who go high in the draft usually go to bad teams and on those bad teams there is usually wide open minutes for top picks. Usually only teams that rest guys or put guys on minute restrictions are contenting teams trying to save guys for the playoffs.

I honestly can’t think of any top 5 pick or number 1 overall who played limited minutes without any injuries being factored in

Um Josh Jackson played 25 mpg his rookie season. Bender averaged 13.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Um Josh Jackson played 25 mpg his rookie season.

That had to do with him being a turnover machine and playing wreckless as all hell(something he still does) That’s called not being that good that’s why he didn’t get more run. Are you hurting or helping when your out there.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That had to do with him being a turnover machine and playing wreckless as all hell(something he still does) That’s called not being that good that’s why he didn’t get more run. Are you hurting or helping when your out there.

You said you couldn't think of any top 5 picks whose minutes were limited. Lots of high pick rookies minutes are limited. Another example is Bender who averaged 13.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You said you couldn't think of any top 5 picks whose minutes were limited. Another example is Bender who averaged 13.

Your really trying to do this? I mean there does take some sort of common sense when having these discussions. Yeah cause Bender and Ayton are clearly on the same talent level and the same stage of there careers in terms of on the court progress when they came in the league.

Hey Markel Fultz didn’t play a lot either cause he had a mental breakdown so you know it’s kinda the same right smh

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Your really trying to do this? I mean there does take some sort of common sense when having these discussions. Yeah cause Bender and Ayton are clearly on the same talent level and the same stage of there careers in terms of on the court progress when they came in the league.

Hey Markel Fultz didn’t play a lot either cause he had a mental breakdown so you know it’s kinda the same right smh

That's not what you said. You said you couldn't think of any top 5 picks whose minutes were limited coming into the league. There's lots of examples. 2 on our own team. You're moving the goal posts.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's not what you said. You said you couldn't think of any top 5 picks whose minutes were limited coming into the league. There's lots of examples. You're moving the goal posts.

Like I said common sense but you know whatever.

You know what your right you win I’m wrong your right.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oh talking about minute restrictions because your resting guys for the playoffs Not because guys just suck...interesting

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Like I said common sense but you know whatever.

You know what your right you win I’m wrong your right.

Thanks. Even Anthony Davis averaged less than 29 minutes per game his rookie season. Not trying to pile on, just making the point that most rookies minutes are limited to some degree, regardless of draft position or perceived quality.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh talking about minute restrictions because your resting guys for the playoffs Not because guys just suck...interesting
No the minutes are limited because a lot of rookies aren’t ready to play right off the bat. Their minutes tend to increase during the year but the average of limits is lower. Just like I showed with bagley and JJJ.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thanks. Even Anthony Davis averaged less than 29 minutes per game his rookie season. Not trying to pile on, just making the point that most rookies minutes are limited to some degree, regardless of draft position or perceived quality.
He obviously doesn’t want to talk facts, he just wants to be right. Which he isn’t.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He obviously doesn’t want to talk facts, he just wants to be right. Which he isn’t.

We are talking about two different things. But it’s fine. I’m not talking about guys playing limited minutes because they are not ready or because they just plain suck that’s not having your minutes restricted that’s called just not being able to get on the floor.

When GS rest there guys for the playoffs and Pop schedules games off for his stars those are placing a player on minute restrictions. When the 76ers don’t let Embiid play in back to backs it’s the same thing. Your putting a good player on a pitch count for a reason.

I’m talking about a player like Deandre Ayton on a really bad and thin team. You play him all you want your team isn’t even competitive and he’s one of the few guys actually producing for you.

You are talking about guys not getting minutes because they just aren’t good. Really going to compare Bender to Ayton’s situation huh. Yeah that makes sense. You really don’t see the difference in certain players being in different situations? Bag key isn’t starting cause he’s on a team contending for the playoffs kind of a different situation. Again no difference?

Like I said it’s all good. This ain’t going anywhere.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson