Excited for Leftwich

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The playbook isn't changing. Terminology is not changing. What changes are expectations and practice and film and how players are used. My guess is that you will see a little more flexibility. Everybody a little more buttoned up. Rosen having much more of a say in what he wants to do and who he wants to get the ball to.
The plays in the playbook that are selected, and the keys for the QB likely change with emphasis placed on stretch and space. At least that’s what I would do we’re I in Leftwich’s shoes. Can’t change the overall playbook with this little time.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Please stop grading Rosen on the debacle of an offensive scheme. I ACCEPT him making mistakes because he’s a rookie. But we’re asking this kid to shovel **** with a teaspoon.

Jesus Christ. Thank you. People thinking there is even a slight chance we draft a QB next year are complete morons. We TRADED UP to get him! We having glaring needs on this team. Wasting top picks on a QB is idiotic. We need OL LB WR. We need real coaches for crying out loud.

I doubt even rams fans were thinking like that and some people were already labeling Goff a bust.

And staying on topic of this thread, there is buzz that Byron Leftwich is an up and coming offensive mind. BA vouched for him. He's his guy. I am excited to see what hes got

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leftwich was an overrated player because he had a very long delivery. That doesn’t mean he didn’t have the heart of a giant. The fact that Arians loved the dude gives
me some hope that he’ll be significantly better than McCoy. Let’s see what happens.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure what Letfwich can do when Wilkes still has final say at the end of day. Especially with Leftwich is 1st time OC & one of the younger staff members. I dont see him been able to push back on Wilkes unless Bidwill told him not to go anywhere near offense.
Anyone want to take a stab at what changes Leftwich can make in play design and play calling to make our offense better?

After all, the roster personnel won't change. With that in mind, what magic can our new OC come up with?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Anyone want to take a stab at what changes Leftwich can make in play design and play calling to make our offense better?

After all, the roster personnel won't change. With that in mind, what magic can our new OC come up with?
Spread them out more. Run stretch run plays...call screens and wheels for dj...call plays with layered routes....

Reaction score
I think Leftwich will become a great OC. He probably needs more experience but the best way to do that is on the job. I have a good feeling about him.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things..."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I like the guy - hope he is successful

Ditto. I wanted the Cards to draft him, badly. It was without a doubt the most mad I've been as a Cards fan when they passed on him.

I think he'll be very successful. I'll never forget this play:

Players are going to love him. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he is a future HC for the Cardinals.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leftwich is unqualified. Desperation move to fire McCoy and cover up the lack of talent on this roster.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Leftwich is unqualified. Desperation move to fire McCoy and cover up the lack of talent on this roster.
McCoy was unqualified. He couldn’t get the ball to DJ. Our best offense today has been getting the ball to 31 and Leftwich has made an effort to do so. I will agree Leftwich is unqualified, but given 9 days to put in your package is like trying to make lemonade with oranges.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McCoy was unqualified. He couldn’t get the ball to DJ. Our best offense today has been getting the ball to 31 and Leftwich has made an effort to do so. I will agree Leftwich is unqualified, but given 9 days to put in your package is like trying to make lemonade with oranges.
How's that working out? Look to the scoreboard. David Johnson is not a 1 man wrecking crew.

BTW, Leftwich has that same blank stare, on the sidelines, as Wilkes does. Lost and bewildered. It's a wtf am I doing here look.