Evidence For No TD

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
The previous play to Holmes was the killer. But, that pass to Holmes that he ran down inside the 10 was a blown coverage and really put a TD, instead of a FG, into play. I find it hard to believe DRC was supposed to play the short route on that one, but who knows.
That was a huge blown play... Yeah, the Harrison play hurt but we took the lead in the end and defense screwed up big. I knew it then that it will be extremely tough to stop them scroing in 4 tries.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
The previous play to Holmes was the killer. Actually, the play by Harrison was the biggest killer. But, that pass to Holmes that he ran down inside the 10 was a blown coverage and really put a TD, instead of a FG, into play. I find it hard to believe DRC was supposed to play the short route on that one, but who knows.

Fransisco bit on the pump fake by Ben... that is what put Holmes open. You can see it on the replay from the defensive end zone - they showed it.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
It really looked like a TD to me.

Hurts like hell, but it did.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I feel for you guys. As an Eagles fan, I know what it's like to come up short in the big game. You just have to say "**** it, it wasn't our night", and get over it. You can pick apart every play and find a penalty that wasn't called or something else to make the case for your team deserving it more, but you're just gonna end up driving yourself crazy.

As an Eagle fan, I still don't know what kind of cheating shenanigans Belicheat may have been up to in that Super Bowl. But I can't drive myself crazy about it. It's not worth the anger.

Keep your heads up Cards fans. That was a helluva game. Cards definitely earned the respect you guys were looking for.

The game is over and we lost.

I appreciate what you are saying but for any team, you want the calls right and I just don't want to see this happen to any team including the Eagles.

The NFL tends to pick a team and it's biased and that needs to stop, but overall I'm happy with our season and it was a heck of a game and a shame we had to lose.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
I look forward to video of this and other plays, It looked like a TD to me but I was at a bar and didn't get a great view.. maybe he didn't get it in. Heres to a giant asterisk.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
After looking at the replay a few times, he did get both toes in! We had three defenders in the area anyways. It should have been knocked down or picked off.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It was a TD, my question is how can that many defenders let Holmes get behind them?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What bugs me is that the angle they showed over and over was completely unclear looked like the right foot might have been down or might have been on his left foot.

Game is over and then they show the whole play from a different angle fullspeed and it looks for all the world like the right toe never touched, but they never showed that replay when they reviewed?

Great catch you have to credit Holmes for amazing plays and Ben for keeping plays alive.

To me the crusher was that 3rd and 6 because the hold was so obvious and 3rd and 16 is a huge difference over a first down.

But in the end we had to make a play and couldn't, I'll have nightmares about Francisco overrunning Holmes letting him get to the 6 and then letting him get behind him on the winning TD.

OP
OP
Mr. Boldin

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Here is the evolution of the catch from various media sources...

You must be registered for see images

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
So, no TD by Holmes. No penalty on his LeBron baby powder with the ball celebration and no review of a very reviewable play in a game where the ref's were proven wrong on two other occasions. Yeah, great game NFL. Congrats Pittsburgh StEALers.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
It took the Steelers 2 minutes to get in that postion. One of the worst offenses in the regular season. It should have never come down to that play anyways. :bang:

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
Personally I dont blame any ref for calling that a TD. even still framed its inconclusive and dang we had 3 players there. Do you realize if one had pushed him out of bounds it wouldnt have been a catch. How do 3 guys allow a guy to jump come down pringle toe the paint and fall with grace out of bounds?

coldsweat

Reaction score
Lets see video evidence of Ben's knee hitting the ground on the first TD drive.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
this thread is ridiculous .. take a loss like a man..

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets see video evidence of Ben's knee hitting the ground on the first TD drive.

You mean the replay over and over of it happening wasn't good enough for you? The knee was down clearly the only question was where the ball was. It only took awhile to review because they had to try and see where the ball was when the knee went down, that the knee was down was obvious on the very first replay.

coldsweat

Reaction score
Anyone with a digital TV could see his knee was NOT down. It was clearly a TD.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
Save it. There were plenty of questionable calls and non-calls. But I accept it.

rewatch the game there were so many missed hold calls on harrison/woodley .. the only ones they called were so beyond blatant that if they didn't call the entire stadium would have been in an uproar..

then they give you guys that weak holding call in the endzone for the safety.. you wouldn't have gotten that the game would have been over.. but would i be on the steelers forum crying about that had you all won? no because i have balls..

the blame game is a manly thing to do though.. keep it up..

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
but would i be on the steelers forum crying about that had you all won? no because i have balls..
so you point it out because you felt good about the call? You can't have it both ways and your gloating is far worse than fans being frustrated with a poorly officiated game in a loss. Someone with real balls would have some class. Pittsburgh was handed a win...again. Enjoy your gift and shut up.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
so you point it out because you felt good about the call? You can't have it both ways and your gloating is far worse than fans being frustrated with a poorly officiated game in a loss. Someone with real balls would have some class. Pittsburgh was handed a win...again. Enjoy your gift and shut up.

waaaaa i'm a crybaby.. waaaaaaaaa waaaaa my team had the lead but couldn't stop the steelers game winning drive with 2 mins left in the game...

wwaaaaaa i'm gonna blame the refs because i think it'll make me feel better but in all honestly i just know i'm a pathetic crybaby.. waaaaaaaa..

coldsweat

Reaction score

I doubt Pittsburgh was handed a win, The drove on the Cards D and scored a game winning TD.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard