Everyone out of jerseys?

bigredjane

& amp; quot ;Car d s Crazy
Reaction score
Well, now I have a closet full of jersey's, some signed, that I can't wear to games. That give away last year is a laugher. All but VanDenBoch are gone or want to be. What is happening to our beloved team? I took all my posters of Jake and Boston and the bobble head doll of Jake, that I just had to have and threw them out in the recycle bin. One of my darling dogs is named Jake and I can't rename him at this point. Oh Geez, what's a gal to do?I do wish Jake well and hope he goes to Denver and takes them to the Bowl. At least I have a reason to watch the Broncos with interest now. We on the other hand have none of my favorites, except Martay and it looks like he wants out. Boo Hoo:cry:

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Bigredjane- get that stuff out of the dumpster! Those #16 jerseys are now "retro" jerseys. Worth WAY more money.

BTW- I got the #93 jersey free. It's still good.

OP
OP
bigredjane

bigredjane

Reaction score
I'm not completely crazy-

I didn't throw the jerseys away, just all the posters, photos and other stuff with their names on it.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Next authentic or replica jersey I buy will have a generic number on it and "ARIZONA" as the player's name. So it would be safe...no more specific player's names because of the revolving doors that makes up the NFL...

...waitaminute...what if the stadium somehow falls through and the Cardinals MOVE????...

:confused:

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
I am glad, after much deliberation and consideration, that I decided to get authentic jersey with STRONSO and the #4. It is much easier this way........

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
PANTONE,

No problem "Velcro" or "Loop & Hook tape" (Velcro is trademarked). Then you can get "Arizona", "Glendale" & "Los Angeles".. While your at it why not "PANTONE"? This way even if they moved to Timbuk or Portland "PANTONE" could be transitional... Just an idea...:D

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hey my Kyle Vanden Bosch is still good and for now so is my Thomas Jones.....anyone need some cleaning rags?

Maybe I will start washing my car with ex-players Jersey's the day before a game for good luck.....

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Im thinking about just framing the plummer and boston jerseys and putting them on my wall. It never hurts to remember all those memories even though some arent that good.

OP
OP
bigredjane

bigredjane

Reaction score
ebay-

don't forget ebay baby- some poor sucker will buy em!!

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Re: ebay-

Originally posted by bigredjane
don't forget ebay baby- some poor sucker will buy em!!

I have seen bent nails and half eaten sandwiches sell for money there.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by EndZone
Hey my Kyle Vanden Bosch is still good and for now so is my Thomas Jones.....anyone need some cleaning rags?

Maybe I will start washing my car with ex-players Jersey's the day before a game for good luck.....

WHOA! You just reminded me of this story. When I was a kid, like 10 years old my dad told me to go wash his car. So I found this old yellow towel in his drawer. So i get all done feeling all proud and everything. He comes out to take a look, so he looks at me, looks at the towel and proceeds to give me a huge kick in the ass. Turns out I used an original "Terrible Towel" from one of the Steelers Super Bowl runs.

Whats the moral of this story? Don't beat your kids, and don't leave your towels where they can get them.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
WHOA! You just reminded me of this story. When I was a kid, like 10 years old my dad told me to go wash his car. So I found this old yellow towel in his drawer. So i get all done feeling all proud and everything. He comes out to take a look, so he looks at me, looks at the towel and proceeds to give me a huge kick in the ass. Turns out I used an original "Terrible Towel" from one of the Steelers Super Bowl runs.

Whats the moral of this story? Don't beat your kids, and don't leave your towels where they can get them.

I dont want to laugh at your expense but.....:biglaugh: , thanks for my laugh of the day.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have a Jake jersey and will still wear it to the games next season. I bought it before the 1999 season and wore it to every game that season. After the 1999 season I had some money/health problems and couldn't get to SDS until now. BUT, this upcoming season I hope to snag some of those "cheap seats" they recently discounted. Maybe in the 2004 season I can upgrade if all goes well.

Anyway, I am glad Jake is gone. It is obvious he will NOT be able to succeed here. Maybe in Denver, with their running game he'll be able to. I really do hope so for his sake.

But, I think they will get what we have for the last 5-6 years. More ups and downs than the Colossus at Magic Mountain.

Peace!

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
I'm gonna get a Tillman jersey.

I already have many of them. You can have one.

Just go see your local Army recruiter...............................

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb

Thats funny. Me and my brothers once used my Dad's 1960's NyYankees autographed baseball to play pickle with.

I still hear **** about that.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
Thats funny. Me and my brothers once used my Dad's 1960's NyYankees autographed baseball to play pickle with.

I still hear **** about that.

Try using your dad's 1950's baseball card collection to make your bike sound like a motorcycle. I can still picture the look on his face when he realized what I did. :eek:

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Speaking of Jersey's, I have to retire my Plummer one now which kinda sucks. BUt since my B-day is in June my wife has offered to get me a new one, now I just gotta figure out who to get!!! *GRIN* Maybe Shipp.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got my Shipp jersey. Gotta support the local talent! :)

And I still wear my Tillman jersey with pride.:thumbup:

As for the Wads, Williams, Moore and Jake jerseys, well, they're holding a special place in my closet. I wore Williams when he was in the Super Bowl with the Rams. Perhaps I'll wear Jake's when he leads Denver to the Super Bowl. Hey, you never know. Stranger things have happened. :)

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
I'm going to buy a Rod Tidwell jersey. He would never leave the Cardinals. All he knows how to do is go across the middle and beat Dallas on MNF!!!!:D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of the Steeler Fan

Remember in the 90s, all the talent on the Steelers would leave town as soon as the became free agents? The never re-signed anyone. The big difference is that they were still good year after year, while we're still bad.

Anyway, a couple years ago, my best friend got me a Levon Kirkland jersey for Christmas. I didn't get to wear it once. I heard that he'd been cut in February, and I wore it that day. I never got to wear it for one game. Boo!

Anyway, I have the Home and Away Plummer jerseys, that I would wear to games when they wore their reds or whites -- Aside: Wearing your whites at home is really ********. That's some dumb crap the Cowboys do. I don't care if it is hot outside, suck it up: You're a professional. Now, I don't know what I'm going to do. I suppose I could get a Levar Fisher or Adrian Wilson jersey, since they're my two favorite players now, or Freddy Jones.

I'm going to go on record and say that getting a custom jersey with your name on it is dumb. Say you're a Packer fan, and get a jersey in '85 that has your name and the #4. Well, you'd look pretty stupid today, huh? Not to mention, if it's not a QB, the low numbers are kickers and punters, and who wants to wear a punter's number.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PANTONE194C
Next authentic or replica jersey I buy will have a generic number on it and "ARIZONA" as the player's name. So it would be safe...no more specific player's names because of the revolving doors that makes up the NFL...

If you're worried about the name on your jersey not being around for long, I have the solution.

Get the name BIDWILL cause they're not going anywhere anytime soon!

:D

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
If you're worried about the name on your jersey not being around for long, I have the solution.

Get the name BIDWILL cause they're not going anywhere anytime soon!

:D

I like your idea! I wonder if I can get "$$" as my jersey number?