Eva: Tony Parker fakes injuries

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Eva Longoria says hubby Tony Parker fakes on-court injuries
Malaysia Sun

Wednesday 23rd January, 2008
(ANI)

Washington, January 23 : Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria has revealed that her husband, basketball player Tony Parker, often fakes his on-court injuries.

The actress says that she really finds it difficult to watch her husband play for the San Antonio Spurs because she never knows when he is actually hurt, and when he is acting.

"Sometimes he acts to get the flagrant foul or, to sell the foul more, he'll throw himself on the floor and really play it up more than what it is," Contactmusic quoted her as saying.

"I really don't know what the difference is so I'm like, 'Stop laying on the ground if you're not hurt. Just get up!' He's like, 'Honey, I have to stay on the ground sometimes.' But I get really nervous, it's nail biting," she added.

http://story.malaysiasun.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/f825b92e19df636a/id/320933/cs/1/

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA is going to hell.. These frickin foreigners are screwing it up.. I dont wanna watch some pansy ass soccer match.. Stern sucks.. Thank God for the NFL & the MLB..

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That woman kind of needs a muzzle. First she tells the press that Tony was a sexual neophyte despite being a famous athlete and now she is giving away his professional tricks.

OP
OP
F-Dog

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Flopping and faking injury are two different things. However, this isn't news...
It's not news to us, because we've seen enough Spurs games in the last few years to recognize the 'Popovich position', rolling around on the floor while your eyes track the nearest official.

It's hilarious that 30-year-old Eva can't seem to keep her mouth shut, though. She's definitely from the Jackie Christie school of NBA wives.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Flopping and faking injury are two different things. However, this isn't news...
That's what I thought at 1st too, but then I realized that she probably doesn't understand the difference. It wouldn't make sense for him to fake an injury and have to come out of a game or force the Spurs to call a timeout to check on him when he's not really hurt......that would just be stupid on his part. It's pretty obvious that pretty much their whole damn team flops and gets rewarded for it. They might have the NBA's starting 5 for the top floppers team with Parker, Ginobili, Horry, Oberto & Duncan.

Nash & Bell have been drawing a lot less charging calls this year and Nash can't get a call offensively despite any flopping he does. Bell flops, but he also gets hammered a lot because he plays tight defense and guys are constantly shoving him off of them.

nowagimp

Reaction score
It's not news to us, because we've seen enough Spurs games in the last few years to recognize the 'Popovich position', rolling around on the floor while your eyes track the nearest official.

It's hilarious that 30-year-old Eva can't seem to keep her mouth shut, though. She's definitely from the Jackie Christie school of NBA wives.

The description of the "pop-a-flop" technique was hilarious, good one F-Dog, quite accurate.

Eva cant keep her mouth shut because she wears the pants in that relationship. But you know, she's so hot, she can wear my pants anytime!

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bell flops more than Parker. No one is even close to ginobilli. He's like the tiger woods of flopping, no one will ever beat him.

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
That's what I thought at 1st too, but then I realized that she probably doesn't understand the difference. It wouldn't make sense for him to fake an injury and have to come out of a game or force the Spurs to call a timeout to check on him when he's not really hurt......that would just be stupid on his part.

She said he tries to get a fragrant foul.

The first that came to my mind when I read that was last year's playoffs when he collided heads with Nash and then he fell on the ground and acted like he was dead for several minutes.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The NBA is going to hell.. These frickin foreigners are screwing it up.. I dont wanna watch some pansy ass soccer match.. Stern sucks.. Thank God for the NFL & the MLB..
you're kidding right? tony goes to the cup as hard and with as much passion as anyone in the league.....save maybe his teammate ginobli another foreigner. I know they come from great football countries, but there is nothing pansy about the physical game the spurs play. now there are some other teams in the league that have PLENTY of pansy americans on their team as well....that love shooting jumpshots and lack defense. every team has a flopper/s I think my mavs guy harris flopps as much as anyone else. I know all of you guys HATE manu....and I've said before I hate it when the mavs play and he gets the best of them. but if I had to pick a 2 guard other than kobe or Dwade....I'm taking manu. he plays as hard at both ends as anyone in the league. maybe there's a reason he doesn't play football.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
don't get me wrong gee....I'm not trying to boost the spurs here. just trying to be fair. I saw a game earlier in the season where parker was on a break and terry touched him. he took a nasty spill and stayed down. the refs called the worst flagrant foul i've ever seen. then when terry went to check on tony he gave terry a bunch of lip and started a scuffle. yes he flops and fakes. but again it's not because he's foreign.....plenty of american players do the same type of thing.

JoRain

Registered
Reaction score

Actually in European football (I know you americans call it soccer, but the real football is the one in Europe . NFL is just another screwed up version of Rugby) floppign is watched very careully nowadays - tha player caught on flopping is getting yellow card (which is similar as Technical foul in NBA). I believe the flopping actually comes from South America !

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Actually in European football (I know you americans call it soccer, but the real football is the one in Europe . NFL is just another screwed up version of Rugby) floppign is watched very careully nowadays - tha player caught on flopping is getting yellow card (which is similar as Technical foul in NBA). I believe the flopping actually comes from South America !
I don't have a problem with the influx of foreign players. They're bringing the art of pure shooting back IMO, but don't be dogging on the NFL now.;)

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Pretty funny since Parker is half-american.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Bell flops more than Parker. No one is even close to ginobilli. He's like the tiger woods of flopping, no one will ever beat him.

On defense, perhaps, but on offense parker is number one, or perhaps number 2 to manu. These guys always throw their hands up in the air, fall, and look at the ref on any dribble penetration where a defender tries to make a play. Parker also jumps sideways(like a damn board jump) into the nearest defender on just about every drive. I've even seen him jump into a defender with his back turned who wasnt even making aplay on the ball AND get the foul. If the NBA is so concerned about flopping(or faking fouls), they need to look at offense and defense and the spurs are the place to start.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson