ESPN insider rumor, Amare could end up in Washington

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Uh that doesnt make much sense. Youre going to trade a big man whos an All Star and good enough to play on the USA Olympic team for a rapidly declining Nash. Nash would be good in Toronto if Bosh was there, if they move Bosh, theyre rebuilding, and you dont bring Nash in.

Never mind the fact that the Raptors already have Calderon, who is much more valuable to their future than Nash. There's a group of people out there obsessed with crafting rumors around Nash-to-Toronto, and not a one of them makes an ounce of sense.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Never mind the fact that the Raptors already have Calderon, who is much more valuable to their future than Nash. There's a group of people out there obsessed with crafting rumors around Nash-to-Toronto, and not a one of them makes an ounce of sense.

BUT DID YOU KNOW HE IS FROM CANADA AND TORONTO IS IN CANADA!

asudevil83

Reaction score
I hate the prospects of trading either Nash or Amare, let alone both in the same deal.

However, in this scenario, I'd kiss the ass of every single person in the province of Ontario and the District of Columbia if this happens.

Only problem is, Washington's facing some contract crunch, and I think in order to get Amare, they'd have to move one of their bigger contracts.. So...What about this deal?

To Washington: Amare
To Toronto: Nash, Barbosa
To Phoenix: Bosh, Calderon, Blatche, Jamison and Washington's 1st

this deal is even worse the than the first one. no way Toronto parts with Bosh AND Calderon for Nash/Barbosa. and no way Washington parts with Jamison/Blatche/#5 without something extra added

MAYBE Nash/Barbosa for Calderon/#9/Filler

MAYBE Jamison/Blache/#5 for Amare/#14

then

MAYBE Shaq/Lopez for Chandler/Posey?

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
I saw this headline on ESPN. Can anyone share the article or is that forbidden practice on this forum? How about summing it up and not copying the text?

Rumors: Amare could end up in Washington

Welcome to the silly season. It is just getting warmed up with stuff like this.

Wait until the draft gets closer - there will be all kinds of random idea generation.

Baseball has their Hot Stove season. The Suns have the Hot Sidewalk season. Always great fun. :)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I don't like it. Giving up our best finisher, best distributor and best bench player in one deal? Two of the three are relatively young and can be built around for the future. I'll pass on that deal.

Seriously, I don't think this team does anything of substance in the off season with the exception of the draft, unless someone comes calling for Shaq, which I have a better chance of winning the lottery than that happening.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Why does everyone think Shaq has negative trade value? I think every damn GM in the country sees value in him.

New and Improved
Quicker
Healed
Double digit points
Comes with giant fanbase
National Attention
All Star MVP
Biggest Weakness (FT%) back to career high levels
All NBA 3rd Team
Expiring contract!

WTF

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd have to go for that deal though it would hurt me badly to see amare and nash go. I think that deal is hugely in the suns favor. bosh, rubio, expirings. . . . what a haul. everything we could ask for. i think bosh and shaq would compliment eachother beautifully. i don't see how toronto makes this deal.

Last edited:

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Washington gets:
Amare

Phoenix gets:
Rubio
Blatche
Mike James (exp)
Etan Thomas (exp)
Bosh (probably exp)

Raptors get:
Nash + this year's Suns 1st rounder
Dream scenario for the Suns but it doesn't make much sense for the Raptors, except if the "Bosh wants out of Toronto and told Colangelo he will walk next year" rumor has some legs. Would he agree to re-sign with the Suns, by the way?

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I read the article. It was pure conjecture. Not even a rumor. ESPN has become a joke.

Let's for one second imagine this would even happen. Your future main rotation (after expiring contracts and assuming we don't retain any of the expiring contract guys) would be:

Rubio/Dragic
JRich/Barbosa
Dudley/????
Bosh/Amundson
Blatche/Lopez

Pure fantasy...but sign me up. It's a good start to rebuilding the team after those expiring guys come off your books and you no longer have Shaq's salary.

For next year it would be interesting lineup:

Rubio/James (what would you do with Dragic?)
JRich/Barbosa
Dudley/Hill
Bosh/Amundson
Shaq/Blatche (Lopez would sit...no big loss there).

Looking at next years lineup in this scenario or even a future lineup above....this is a better defensive team then we have rolling out there right now and would be a good start.
Yes, ESPN's "rumors" are a joke. They take any wild idea they get in paper no matter the source or context of the article and put it out there. Pretty lame.

I pretty much agree on all accounts in your post other than playing James over Dragic in your last lineup scenario. I let Dragic keep developing and plop James on the bench next to Tucker. James is complete garbage IMO, and does nothing for this team other than relieving the Suns of salary after the season.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Dream scenario for the Suns but it doesn't make much sense for the Raptors, except if the "Bosh wants out of Toronto and told Colangelo he will walk next year" rumor has some legs. Would he agree to re-sign with the Suns, by the way?
You are correct. It doesn't make any sense for the Raps even if the rumors that Bosh wants to leave have any truth. Even if he does want out, I'd be looking for something other than Steve Nash, especially when I already have Calderon going forward. You don't trade your frachise PF for an aging PG just because it's a good PR move or something. The Raps would be extremely thin on the frontline w/o Bosh.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are correct. It doesn't make any sense for the Raps even if the rumors that Bosh wants to leave have any truth. Even if he does want out, I'd be looking for something other than Steve Nash, especially when I already have Calderon going forward. You don't trade your frachise PF for an aging PG just because it's a good PR move or something. The Raps would be extremely thin on the frontline w/o Bosh.

I totally agree. I'm sure many posters on ASFN have made up a lot for more realistic trade proposals in the Trade Forum section than wherever this rumor originated and got passed on as inside information.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yes not sure why Bosh is in this trade even, I would rather get the Raptors pick if we are going to trade Amare for a top 2 pick...

Or why not simply trade Nash for Bosh straight up if the Raptors were dumb enough to do it. Get a few role players for Shaq and draft a PG? Bosh/Amare seems to be a pretty good frontcourt even if they are a bit soft.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shaq has huge trade value. He would add depth for a run now and he is a monster expiring. The Suns should use him to gather picks and young players.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
O'Neal for T-Mac?

Yao Ming is always injured, O'Neal playing next to him or off the bench can work.
Right now, if Rox had O'Neal off the bench to give post offense Rox look good against the Lakers.
They have the perimeter defense and tough hustling PF/SF to support O'Neal.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
O'Neal for T-Mac?

Yao Ming is always injured, O'Neal playing next to him or off the bench can work.
Right now, if Rox had O'Neal off the bench to give post offense Rox look good against the Lakers.
oh my god

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
We really dont know how eager TOR is to acquire Nash, but pairing him with Marion again and a Top 10 Lottery pick may be the shot in the arm the Raptors need.

asudevil83

Reaction score
O'Neal for T-Mac?

so wrong on so many different levels.

TMAC will be lucky if he plays a single game next season. he just had microfracture, so the odds of him coming back for the 2010 season are slim to none. And if he does play, he'll be aweful.

So, what this trade amounts to trading O'Neal for the right to pay TMac to rehab his knee and back for a year.

AWESOME?

If Tmac was the ONLY offer the suns EVER got for O'Neal, i'd still tell them to screw off.

Not sure the Rockets would even want to spend almost $40mil on two centers either.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
O'Neal for T-Mac?

Wow. Do you even know, recently, a large number of Houston fans are actually talking about a YAO for Shaq trade. I guess it will be loved for both sides. Let's make it happen.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Wow. Do you even know, recently, a large number of Houston fans are actually talking about a YAO for Shaq trade. I guess it will be loved for both sides. Let's make it happen.

How much would Sarver get for each of the billion Suns jerseys that would get sold in China?

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score

Can you post the link? I don't believe my eyes....

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Of course they are talking about a yao for shaq trade, yao could very well be done for in the nba since his injury seems to be something that could be around for a long while or even permanent. He could end up with an nba career like Grant Hill or worse Penny.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Of course they are talking about a yao for shaq trade, yao could very well be done for in the nba since his injury seems to be something that could be around for a long while or even permanent. He could end up with an nba career like Grant Hill or worse Penny.

He was saying he wanted to retire before he got injured. I don't get the feeling he really enjoys playing in the NBA.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen