ESPN Believes Cards Can Be a Quick Rebuild.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I believe with a ´genius´ draft, we could be an awesome super bowl contending team after just 2 years. We are in a great position to hit a grand slam, but I know most would settle for a simple home run.

If things went the way I like to envision them, there would be no one left from our current team in 2 years except those who have and can earn a starting job. We don´t and won´t have any use for hanger-ons who in the past have been satisfied with (or barely capable of) simply making the team. The overall quality of this new team will be unrecognizable to the past/present one.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I still go back to last season. I mentioned it a year ago but somewhere around week 12 something happened. The entire team was off after that not just kyler. They were unfocused and unprepared, just discombobulated as a whole. Purely speculation but based on following events maybe someone went on a drunken rant during a team meeting or something, lol. whatever happened didnt just affect one side of the ball.
But kyler...its potential and flashes.... thoroughly frustrating.... but also tantalizing. The kid has the talent to be all world. But so did Todd Marinovich

The loss to a 3-14 DET team in week 13 last year defied comprehension.

Because not only did they beat us, the game was not competitive. 30-12? They ran us off the field. And it's not like Murray threw four picks in the game either (he threw one).

You're right oaken1, and really, the team never recovered. It's scary, but it's also reasonable to hope that a new coach and GM will fix it.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
What was it, about 16 months ago they scored 38, 34, 31, 37, 17, 37, 31, 21 & 31 to start the '21 season. Some of the pieces are in place, just need a coach who knows haw to finish the pieces off and use them correctly (re:Reddick)....

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What was it, about 16 months ago they scored 38, 34, 31, 37, 17, 37, 31, 21 & 31 to start the '21 season. Some of the pieces are in place, just need a coach who knows haw to finish the pieces off and use them correctly (re:Reddick)....
We need much more than that. 16 months is also a lifetime ago in the NFL.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I guess there's a 'schmuck' in San Fran who is one win away from a Super Bowl appearance doing just that. ;)

I don't know how anyone can think top QBs are just running pure progression based on what the play says. You might do that with a rookie QB, especially a rhythm guy. Or a backup to limit how much thinking they have to do but not a 4th year guy getting $260m. If they are were more screwed than I thought.

Every NFL QB worth anything is running progressions with an option and adjusting to the defense. So they play might be X, F, Y, check down but if the defense is in quarters or the middle of the field is open, or you're getting a zero look its F, Y, X, checkdown.

Do people really think that if Nuk is read #1 but he's in man with a safety over the top Kyler should even look his way? Or should he change his #1 read pre snap?

Or to take it to an extreme level if Nuk is #1 but Brown is completely uncovered at the Y Kyler shouldn't throw to Hollywood because the play says Nuk first and he's open for 5 yards?

If you have a 3 vs 2 every single QB in the league, including every backup and PS QB would adjust to the busted coverage. It's basic.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still go back to last season. I mentioned it a year ago but somewhere around week 12 something happened. The entire team was off after that not just kyler. They were unfocused and unprepared, just discombobulated as a whole. Purely speculation but based on following events maybe someone went on a drunken rant during a team meeting or something, lol. whatever happened didnt just affect one side of the ball.
But kyler...its potential and flashes.... thoroughly frustrating.... but also tantalizing. The kid has the talent to be all world. But so did Todd Marinovich
That game was a backbreaker for sure.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am thinking that Cards will get one of the QBs that have been floating starters, as I call them, that have had limited success starting for different teams over the last decade or so. Those guys that seem to move to a new team, win the starting job, but do not make it through the whole season before being replaced by another floater.
Wentz?? Ugh, shudder the damn thought.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can think top QBs are just running pure progression based on what the play says. You might do that with a rookie QB, especially a rhythm guy. Or a backup to limit how much thinking they have to do but not a 4th year guy getting $260m. If they are were more screwed than I thought.

Every NFL QB worth anything is running progressions with an option and adjusting to the defense. So they play might be X, F, Y, check down but if the defense is in quarters or the middle of the field is open, or you're getting a zero look its F, Y, X, checkdown.

Do people really think that if Nuk is read #1 but he's in man with a safety over the top Kyler should even look his way? Or should he change his #1 read pre snap?

Or to take it to an extreme level if Nuk is #1 but Brown is completely uncovered at the Y Kyler shouldn't throw to Hollywood because the play says Nuk first and he's open for 5 yards?

If you have a 3 vs 2 every single QB in the league, including every backup and PS QB would adjust to the busted coverage. It's basic.
I don't think Kyler does any pre- snap identification. If he does, then he clearly isn't very good at reading formations or have any clue what the defense is doing.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bruh. I’m proofing pizza dough right now. My PHX Mexican food takes are spot-on.

Heard good things about Masquadores but haven’t been there yet.
My man, I just proofed, stuffed, and folded 40 bao buns. Yo stuff better be a natural sourdough, and not that yeasted fluff... Next time im in Phoenix, Ill check it. I really thought someburros flavors were spot on, but man, I had a mouthful of soggy flour tortilla most of the time.... Taco Chelo. good stuff. EDIT: hell, I was literally in the parking lot of maskadores. They just opened one across from a filibertos out on like 101 and... I cant remember. I grew up on the west side, my folks empty nsted to north scottsdale and I still dont know anything about the area...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My man, I just proofed, stuffed, and folded 40 bao buns. Yo stuff better be a natural sourdough, and not that yeasted fluff... Next time im in Phoenix, Ill check it. I really thought someburros flavors were spot on, but man, I had a mouthful of soggy flour tortilla most of the time.... Taco Chelo. good stuff. EDIT: hell, I was literally in the parking lot of maskadores. They just opened one across from a filibertos out on like 101 and... I cant remember. I grew up on the west side, my folks empty nsted to north scottsdale and I still dont know anything about the area...
I’m a cook, not a chef. People will call me that when I go over my Thanksgiving menu, and I always tell them no. Chefs turn over 50+ tables 3-5 times per night. I’m drunk once the turkey goes in the oven for 12 people. Nothing but respect for what you do.

A lot of things have been affected by COVID, and Someburros hasn’t recovered all the way yet. Their pollo fundido used to be first-class; now it’s just okay. Overcooked the last couple times I’ve had it.

Still married to SEV Sonoran-style Mexican, though. It would break my heart if Ponchos on central has fallen off. My beloved Serranos still owns (even if they killed off my Sonoran-style enchiladas).

Rio Rico on Val Vista and Guadalupe has some Shrimp Diablo that owns so hard.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Ergo: Mr. Irrelevant, who is one win away from the Super Bowl. ;)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Also, I’m using Chris Bianco’s dough recipe but I’m fermenting it in the fridge for a day or two.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m a cook, not a chef. People will call me that when I go over my Thanksgiving menu, and I always tell them no. Chefs turn over 50+ tables 3-5 times per night. I’m drunk once the turkey goes in the oven for 12 people. Nothing but respect for what you do.

A lot of things have been affected by COVID, and Someburros hasn’t recovered all the way yet. Their pollo fundido used to be first-class; now it’s just okay. Overcooked the last couple times I’ve had it.

Still married to SEV Sonoran-style Mexican, though. It would break my heart if Ponchos on central has fallen off. My beloved Serranos still owns (even if they killed off my Sonoran-style enchiladas).

Have you been to Isabel's Amor in Gilbert? Pretty good. And of course Carolina's original is amazing.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Have you been to Isabel's Amor in Gilbert? Pretty good. And of course Carolina's original is amazing.
I haven’t; I don’t even know where it is. Sad!

Have you been to La Ristra on Warner and Lindsey? Been wanting to hit that place up for a minute… New Mexican but heard good things.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t; I don’t even know where it is. Sad!

Have you been to La Ristra on Warner and Lindsey? Been wanting to hit that place up for a minute… New Mexican but heard good things.
Yeah, La Ristra is pretty good. They have one in downtown Chandler as well. Isabel's Amour is on the NW corner of Val Vista / Williams Field near Fox Cigar Bar and Blue 32. The family is the same family that owns Someburros and is a nice sit-down place. Highly recommend.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah, La Ristra is pretty good. They have one in downtown Chandler as well. Isabel's Amour is on the NW corner of Val Vista / Williams Field near Fox Cigar Bar and Blue 32. The family is the same family that owns Someburros and is a nice sit-down place. Highly recommend.
Used to go to a place called Guedos in chandler...
That, and Marias taco shop in Mesa were my two favorite places.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Kyler does any pre- snap identification. If he does, then he clearly isn't very good at reading formations or have any clue what the defense is doing.

So when he quickly moves from his 'shotgun' position to the centre and barks out commands, points left or right, he's not re-setting the protection and possibly the actual play before returning to his original spot?

If, perchance, this isn't a pointless mime, he would, in fact, have read the formation with at least a smidgen of a clue as to what the defence was attempting to do.

What do you think an audible is?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Poncho's on Central has the best Pollo Fundido in the Valley

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Interesting. If I’m in DT Chandler and looking for a machaca burro I’m headed to someburros.

I’ll definitely see if I can target Isabel’s Amor sometime. Lord knows we’re at the Target on Val Vista and Warner often enough.

Isn’t Ponchos, Someburros, and Isabel’s Amor all within the same family?
Poncho's on Central has the best Pollo Fundido in the Valley
I haven’t been there in a minute, but my memories of that place are extremely fond.

Also, TeePee Taproom in DT Phoenix and like 40th Street and Thomas deserves mention.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose