Epenesa, Wirfs, Willis, Jeudy, Lamb. Rank these from greatest to least in terms of who you want

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Epenesa, Wills, Wirfs, Jeudy, Lamb.

I'll explain why.

Epenesa - This isn't a great edge class in regards to depth and we have zero edge guys signed next year outside CJ (are we counting Reddick?). Epenesa reminds me of Chandler. He's not going to beat you with bend but with long arms, good hands and a plan. At his size he could also be a Calais type inside / outside threat. Likely to take some time to adjust so might be a guy for year 2 but I think he will be a top talent. (If he declares).

Wills / Wirfs - I'm not a fan of resigning Hump. We just can't afford that much money on an average player. If he doesn't re-sign then tackle goes to the top of the list but as indications seem to be that he will then I'm still taking one of these if Epenesa and Brown are gone (I think Panthers take Brown if he gets that far). Both are great, by slight preference is Wills but wouldn't argue with either.

Jeudy - He's better than Lamb. He just is. Much tougher conference. Less scheme dependent. Elite route runner. The only thing I rate Lamb higher at is YAC.

Lamb - Never ever draft a BIG12 wide receiver. For every one that is good there are 10 that suck.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If the meds check out Trey Smith would be a steal in the 3rd round, thinking he probably will go in the 2nd might even sneak into the late 1st with clean medical. He may be one of the best G prospects I saw this year great at picking up dl stunts and blitzes also very good on 2nd level.
He would be awesome in round 3,if he's not a medical red flag, and I was going to mention him. His problem was with blood clots but he played all last year after they got it under control. Not sure what his condition is going forward.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt if he makes it past two, I was just shooting comic rainbows out my butt during this time of off the wall conjecture lol

I'm not yet convinced the Bengals don't take Young at #1.

Mike Brown is a reknowed cheapskate and they have Dalton under contract for pennies next year. I hear they aren't convinced about Burrows one year of production.

I think Brown is looking at Tannehill and Jimmy G and thinking "Why cant we do that with Dalton if we put a better team around him?"

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If the Bengals pass on Burrows and draft Young...wow. It's possible based on them being the Bengals but jeez. You should at least trade down with someone who wants Burrows and will give you a kings ransom for next year's QB class.

I think they give Zac Taylor a QB and draft Burrows.

Dalton could be a Patriot if Brady leaves.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Mike Brown is a reknowed cheapskate and they have Dalton under contract for pennies next year. I hear they aren't convinced about Burrows one year of production.

I think Brown is looking at Tannehill and Jimmy G and thinking "Why cant we do that with Dalton if we put a better team around him?"
ZERO chance Dalton returns imo! And I personally don’t think there’s a chance Burrow isn’t a Bengal unless some team offers them the moon for the former Ohio star.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Bengals pass on Burrows and draft Young...wow. It's possible based on them being the Bengals but jeez. You should at least trade down with someone who wants Burrows and will give you a kings ransom for next year's QB class.

I think they give Zac Taylor a QB and draft Burrows.

Dalton could be a Patriot if Brady leaves.

The Bengals have the worst Owner/GM in the league. Nothing would surprise me.

Trading back would make most sense but then I imagine he's also looking at what Bosa has done for the Niners and thinking Chase could do the same.

They have some decent DBs but desperately need D line and O line. They have the 1st round LT they drafted last year coming back from injury so I could see them going Chase and sticking with Dalton.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mike Brown is awful.

Lets not overthink this though.

Bengals are for sure taking Burrow.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You must of missed the 2011-2015 Bengals.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Based upon this premise, it makes much more sense to draft Burrow. Mike Brown can cut Dalton outright and save 17 mil in doing so and then get a cheap QB on a rookie contract for 5 years.

You may be correct about his overall history of production, but it terms of finances, it saves way more money to draft a QB and let Dalton go.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based upon this premise, it makes much more sense to draft Burrow. Mike Brown can cut Dalton outright and save 17 mil in doing so and then get a cheap QB on a rookie contract for 5 years.

You may be correct about his overall history of production, but it terms of finances, it saves way more money to draft a QB and let Dalton go.

You are right and it is possible. But I also don't even see Brown paying Burrow $35m+ a year if he is good.

He's a value seeker. He'd rather have an average QB he felt he was underpaying than a great QB he felt he was overpaying.

We will see. I'm not saying it will happen. I'm just not as 100% on Burrow to Cinci as the rest of the world.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Epenesa, Wills, Wirfs, Jeudy, Lamb.

I'll explain why.

Epenesa - This isn't a great edge class in regards to depth and we have zero edge guys signed next year outside CJ (are we counting Reddick?). Epenesa reminds me of Chandler. He's not going to beat you with bend but with long arms, good hands and a plan. At his size he could also be a Calais type inside / outside threat. Likely to take some time to adjust so might be a guy for year 2 but I think he will be a top talent. (If he declares).

Wills / Wirfs - I'm not a fan of resigning Hump. We just can't afford that much money on an average player. If he doesn't re-sign then tackle goes to the top of the list but as indications seem to be that he will then I'm still taking one of these if Epenesa and Brown are gone (I think Panthers take Brown if he gets that far). Both are great, by slight preference is Wills but wouldn't argue with either.

Jeudy - He's better than Lamb. He just is. Much tougher conference. Less scheme dependent. Elite route runner. The only thing I rate Lamb higher at is YAC.

Lamb - Never ever draft a BIG12 wide receiver. For every one that is good there are 10 that suck.
I have like 17 EDGE players in the top 100 of this draft...what makes you think it isn't a good class?

I would argue that WR, CB, and OLB are the positions of depth to attack in this upcoming draft.

You could legit find yourself coming out of the first three rounds with

1 - CB - Jeffrey Okudah
2 - OLB - Yetur Gross-Matos
3 - WR - Quartney Davis

OR

1 - WR - Jerry Jeudy
2 - CB - CJ Henderson
3 - OLB - Bradlee Anae

OR

1 - OLB - AJ Epenesa
2 - WR - Justin Jefferson
3 - CB - Damon Arnette

and be really happy with that draft (outside of "needs"). Those three positions are just stacked.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have like 17 EDGE players in the top 100 of this draft...what makes you think it isn't a good class?

I would argue that WR, CB, and OLB are the positions of depth to attack in this upcoming draft.

You could legit find yourself coming out of the first three rounds with

1 - CB - Jeffrey Okudah
2 - OLB - Yetur Gross-Matos
3 - WR - Quartney Davis

OR

1 - WR - Jerry Jeudy
2 - CB - CJ Henderson
3 - OLB - Bradlee Anae

OR

1 - OLB - AJ Epenesa
2 - WR - Justin Jefferson
3 - CB - Damon Arnette

and be really happy with that draft (outside of "needs"). Those three positions are just stacked.

I see Gross-Matos blowing up the combine and going top 15

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I see Gross-Matos blowing up the combine and going top 15
Not outside the realm of possibility at all. I think you will see guys like Epenesa, Gross-Matos, Shenault, Fulton, etc...be drafted in areas that is dependent on where teams prioritize players at position groups less deep. Teams could go after Ss in the mid 1st round or Cs over WR/CB/OLB just because they are comfortable with the players at those spots in round 2. OR, you could have a 1st round full of that group.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard