Eagles looking into trading for DJ

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
*fans scour rosters of bad teams; come across Cardinals*

"I bet we could get Arizona to trade us Patrick Peterson, Chandler Jones, David Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald for one conditional 5th round pick."

Throw in a competent/sober GM... and you my friend, have yourself a deal!!

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would do it if the price was right, lately he's been plagued by injuries and non-production.

Rams1Fan

Rookie
Reaction score
Year two of Gurley was bad. Thats what happens when the there is minimal other talent at the skill position, bad oline, new QB and questionable OC.

The other teams defense focus on one player.

I dont think your get rid of DJ. He is not the problem.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
1)Well we did trade a #1 for Randall Thrill Hill

2)drafted Steve Little & Pisarkewiez #1

3did the same with Clyde Duncan & Kelly Stouffer

4) let Dave Butz leave in FA & become a star in DC

5) drafted John Lee in round 2

6) let Larry Centers go while he was “the heart & soul” of the Cards offense

7) drafted Levi Clown over Adrian Peterson

8) traded the great Pat Fischer to the Skins in his prime

9) traded Ahmad Rashad to the Vikes

10) Let Kurt Warner entertain contract offers from the Niners after he lead us to a Super Bowl

11) Let the greatest Arizona ILB in Los Dansby walk in FA

12) trade away the rights to draft Suggs for Pace & Skillet hands when he wanted to be a Cardinal

13) ran Don Coryell out of Stl to SD

14) let one of the greatest possession WRs in Ricky Proehl get away far nada

15) let the Cowpies complete their offense when we let Novacek test FA

16) couldn’t sign Gateway Joe Namath :lol:& he wins a SB lol

We’ve got the history of dumb moves & ineptitude so don’t rule it out!! Lol

The GM & HC really appear clueless at this point so I’m hoping they aren’t plan mentally dumb to sell for less than 2 number ones & great player(s)

you forgot about the time Joe Montana came to interview and there was nobody at the facility to unlock the gate and let him in.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Eagles should trade for Lev Bell

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Especially the way that he is playing atm.

You seriously are blaming his lack of production on him?

Have you seen the run blocking he is getting? Have you seen how ridiculously telegraphed our playcalling has been?

Have you seen how few touches he is actually getting?

Have you seen him make something out of nothing numerous times?

There is NOTHING wrong with David Johnson, he is as good as he has ever been. Trading him unless they are getting a boatload back, would be a BIG mistake.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Have you seen the run blocking he is getting? Have you seen how ridiculously telegraphed our playcalling has been?

There is NOTHING wrong with David Johnson, he is as good as he has ever been. Trading him unless they are getting a boatload back, would be a BIG mistake.

This first statement could be wrong, and the second statement could be right. Saquon Barkley is doing as much if not more in a similar to worse situation.

David JOhnson is the best RB in the NFL who hasn't gained 75 yards rushing in a game yet.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1000% dead on

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This first statement could be wrong, and the second statement could be right. Saquon Barkley is doing as much if not more in a similar to worse situation.

David JOhnson is the best RB in the NFL who hasn't gained 75 yards rushing in a game yet.

Let Arians be OC for one game and I GUARENTEE you David would have 200 yds from scrimmage.

How can people not understand McCoy is the issue - Arians has said as much.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It's either DJ or the situation obviously.

I am of the opinion that's it's the situation not the player just from what I've seen I agree it's both the blocking and the predictable playcalling that is the culprit not DJ.

So please don't even enterain trading him even if it's just some internet goofy speculation, please no.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's either DJ or the situation obviously.

I am of the opinion that's it's the situation not the player just from what I've seen I agree it's both the blocking and the predictable playcalling that is the culprit not DJ.

So please don't even enterain trading him even if it's just some internet goofy speculation, please no.
You must be registered for see images attach

I think it's 20% DJ and 80% the situation. I think there's a good probability that we saw David Johnson at his absolute best, and decided to pay him based on that after a year of doing nothing.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember all those years without a decent running back? Passing on Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson. Now we have a franchise back and we are going to trade him? This staff is atomic
Since you brought up Adrian Peterson -

When we failed to sign him and let him walk, I had this uneasy feeling in my belly fearful that when it came to keeping good veteran players, Cardinal mgt wasn't totally committed to winning and/or would keep or release the wrong guys.

To some degree, that's what I'm seeing now - starting with Calais, then the Badger, both Browns & continuing with AP.

My point - Not signing AP - even as backup to DJ - is important because it may have sent the wrong message to the team & its followers.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Out of all the talent lost in the past 3 years, I wish Calais was the only one we re-signed. Miss the big guy big time.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I think it's 20% DJ and 80% the situation. I think there's a good probability that we saw David Johnson at his absolute best, and decided to pay him based on that after a year of doing nothing.
Meh...is a player's strength is his ability to catch the ball and run outside, and then you run him inside and do not pass him the ball, is he really going to look good?

Maybe David Johnson is just more like Melvin Gordon than Leveon Bell. That isn't a bad thing.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

When we failed to sign him and let him walk, I had this uneasy feeling in my belly fearful that when it came to keeping good veteran players, Cardinal mgt wasn't totally committed to winning and/or would keep or release the wrong guys.

To some degree, that's what I'm seeing now - starting with Calais, then the Badger, both Browns & continuing with AP.

My point - Not signing AP - even as backup to DJ - is important because it may have sent the wrong message to the team & its followers.
Actually AD was under contract with Cards thru this year, they released him.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Let Larry Centers walk...

Traded Aneas Williams to Rams, to pursue a SB, instead of just building a winning roster...

The list can really go on and on...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I got the Centers one, but didn’t list Aeneas because we got either a 2nd or 3rd for him.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I could totally see the Cardinals trading DJ simply for the reason they don't want to admit the bad coaching staff hire(s). They would simply point to DJ's lack of production and spin it that way to the fans.

The truth of the matter is they made a horrible coaching hire that does not know how to use its offensive weapons. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Wilks was NOT happy with the 1st round Josh Rosen pick. The coach (Wilks) is just not wired that way. He could...(if Bidwill is so gullible) talk himself into a situation where Bidwill believes him and completely buys into his coaching philosophy. Once that trust is established...Bidwill will surely follow along and let DJ go. All about saving face...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Um No.

The badger stinks. In no way is he the same player he used to be, and he should not have been kept - really for any price. He is a liability on the field IMO.

Calais - although he has performed even better since he left, I still think that contract was too rich for his age and it made sense to let him go. Hindsight maybe no - but still it is up in the air.

AP - AP is ancient in RB years. In no way should you want him on your roster, when he still feels he should be a starter, and he should not be. That is just asking for team chemistry problems. He is only on Washington because they have nobody else - nobody.

Jaron Brown - The most pedestrian receiver in the NFL. There is zero reason to be lamenting his loss. He is a NO. 4 possession receiver. Those are not hard to acquire. In fact I think we just signed one yesterday.

John Brown - Apparently the heat of Arizona and his sickle cell disease don't work together. So I do not understand how you can hold that against the Cardinals when he was basically unable to play the last 2 seasons.

You want to complain about players we let get away we should not have - I have a couple for you.

1. DJ Swearinger
2. Robert Massey
3. Tony Jefferson